More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 16:34:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 191121 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #125 on: 2005 November 02, 13:22:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for El Presidente. For those without Uni, do they have to meet the skilling requirements with teens just as you would if they were going to college? IE, all skills to Level 8 and Over-achiever status?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #126 on: 2005 November 03, 03:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Question for El Presidente. For those without Uni, do they have to meet the skilling requirements with teens just as you would if they were going to college? IE, all skills to Level 8 and Over-achiever status?
If you do not have Uni, then you don't need to score the points for Uni scholarships. As such, teen overachiever status is not important (since teen jobs are basically useless otherwise).

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #127 on: 2005 November 03, 05:52:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My attempts (one real, two ongoing yet neglected at the second generation toddler level) without University...
My teens all had part time jobs to give them a break from skilling and meet new friends. They were all overachievers (on their first day on the job) as they were all pretty much max skill by the time they got there anyway. I do think I left cleaning until last though, just because cleaning is such a waste of time when there's hired help for that.
My other two homes are waiting for the EPs...

by the way, girl babies puke just as much as boy babies, and though the child stage can be more trying for them, it's much easier for them to produce more puke machines to help everyone else out. The advantage is that you don't even have to worry about moving in an inappropriate housemate.
Adult Ivy Copur seems she'd be sloppy enough to be suitable, and I used a grown Ricky Cormier.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #128 on: 2005 November 05, 00:20:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

okay, I have tried this challenge and for some reason my 0 neat points male sim won't go in the bushes... are there any hacks that could mess with that behaviour?

Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: 2005 November 05, 01:07:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right - I've decided to give this a go - but I have a question for your Awesomeness.  You state we can start with two sims that must be connected on the family tree somehow.  Does this mean I can start with a married couple?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: 2005 November 05, 01:09:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about hacks, but the sims have to have full outgoing (someone said 9 outgoing works, but it didn't for me), and sometimes even then they won't do it. Like stupid Derk and how he stopped going on the bushes when he became an elder. In my experience, you have to get the sim to pee spontaneously the first time, and after he's done it once, you can direct him, but only when the bladder is quite low. If you have free will off, that would be a problem, I expect. Try cancelling everything in the queue and then make your sim stand near some bushes when his bladder is low, and see what happens. Of course, he might make a break for the shower.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: 2005 November 05, 01:46:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Another Sim aged to elder and cannot pee on bushes any more. So he's stuck meditating most of the time. My founder has 2 or 3 days left, The "heir" has returned from Uni and gotten married.

I did notice a rather strange thing this time around. When the girl was a teen she suddenly stopped bringing report cards home. When I checked her grade, she had an A rather than an A+, which she had gotten as a child. I was wondering and contemplating what to do about it when she suddenly had an A+ again. Also, though she qualified for the Dancing scholarship, she didn't get it. I am not counting that against myself since she did rightfully qualify. I had her apply several times and no-go.

She and the husband are both Romance Sims! I am waiting for her to fulfill her LTW before she has a baby, in case of the fear. I would be extremely pissed if a visit from the Sim Shrink caused me to lose. So far, still perfect. Smiley
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: 2005 November 05, 03:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggikko try them with a moneytree outside it worked for me my elders peed on that.

Darn lost my perfect score stupid women wasn't fast enough to get to the energizer and peed right in front of it.
Will keep the family and use there kid to marry the kid from the other e-mail family.
-500 now. Cry

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: 2005 November 05, 07:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am convinced that my female "heir" is just buggy. First, the A+ thing, then no dancing scholarship and just now I couldn't click on her for any reason. Other Sims could not interact with her and I couldn't shift-click to force an error. I wound up having to delete her off the lot. She had achieved her LTW the day before. When I went back into the game, she was no longer Perma-Plat. Also, before she became unselectable, when she came home from work she was promoted to the top of her career, the same promotion she received the day before to achieve the LTW. Her new LTW is easy enough to achieve (Professional Party Guest), but she was already there!
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: 2005 November 05, 12:05:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to uninstall the whole game it turned buggy and now I have to install everything again.
I hate when this happen.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: 2005 November 05, 16:36:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had to uninstall the whole game it turned buggy and now I have to install everything again.
I hate when this happen.

Oh, Katze, that sucks. Sad
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: 2005 November 07, 07:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've decided to risk ridicule and put my Email family story up on the exchange.  So far a perfect score but its come close a few times.  I should get the next installment up in a few days.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=60267
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: 2005 November 07, 13:16:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I've decided to risk ridicule and put my Email family story up on the exchange.  So far a perfect score but its come close a few times.  I should get the next installment up in a few days.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=60267
Very nice Rascal and good luck.  I just started one again still only at day 3.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: 2005 November 07, 15:57:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good going so far, Rascal!

I have run into a couple of interesting problems. Lydia and Lilly have finished college and are living together on an email lot, but suddenly they can't rummage in the garbage. No idea why.
Also, can anyone confirm that being 10 playful means you can't meditate? Mandy is pregnant, and this is the first time I've needed her to meditate, but it just doesn't come up. Yes, she has maxed her logic.
I'm hoping to get a new installment of my story up soon.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #139 on: 2005 November 07, 16:15:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have NL? Since I got it, random sims can't meditate. Heather Huffington, for one, and she's not that playful (I don't think, anyway.) I thought it was because she's a vampire but my other vamps can meditate, so I think it could be a NL glitch.

Also, one of my vamps who can meditate can't always meditate, or do yoga. Sometimes he can, sometimes he can't.

Which is why I'm thinking glitch.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: 2005 November 07, 19:46:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi Rohina

I only have the original game, but none of my playful sims can meditate.  I am very glad Zak is a boy with 10 playful - I suspect that's why he wouldn't upchuck when shaken - he just giggled.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: 2005 November 07, 21:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that controls whether or not a sim wil puke when shaken is its current hunger level. Personality, relationships, none of that matters. If a sim has over 0 hunger, it will be increasingly likely to puke when shaken.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: 2005 November 07, 21:44:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with 8 or above Playful cannot meditate.

EDIT: Great job so far, Rascal. I loved the story. Smiley

I'm close to the home stretch. Both my founder and husband have died. Urethra is a couple of days away from elder. Her child, Sansiford, is a teen.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 07, 21:56:25 by reggikko » Logged
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: 2005 November 08, 06:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the confirmations. I solved the can't salvage problem - apparently, they had to empty the garbage disposal into the trash once. Which is kind of logical, I guess, since if there's nothing in there, how can they salvage, and kind of illogical, since what they manage to find in there has no relationship to the household garbage they put in.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: 2005 November 08, 18:54:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Babies won't always puke, I usually play with them immediately after a bottle.
Feed, play up to 3 times, if they don't do it, I feed them again and play with them again.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: 2005 November 08, 19:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for that Zeljka - I never thought to feed them again.   Roll Eyes  This might be very important info for me as Tamara's second pregnacy turned out to be twins!  This was NOT part of the plan.  My poor sims have had a very stressfull Sunday.  Zak grew up on Saturday as planned but Sunday morning Tamara gave birth to the twins.  I thought I'd timed it so she would give birth on Monday.  So newly born twins, a child that wont pee on the bushes despite his zero neat, 10 outgoing and the Headmaster due at 5pm.  Fortunately the babies slept through the visit but Zak (only 1 nice point and 10 playful) refused to talk to the headmaster and started jumping on the bed instead.  Somehow Zak got accepted.  Zane's salmon and his niceness saved the day.  Tamara manged to get -2 smooze points but Zane bumped it up to 13 just by chatting to him over dinner.  I have a horrible feeling my perfect score is not going to last much longer.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: 2005 November 08, 19:45:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rascal try and see if he pees on the money tree, my male kids and elders on pee on that.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #147 on: 2005 November 08, 23:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite literally laughing out loud, here. Yeah, the game always seems to choose the worst possible moment to give you twins Smiley.

Your sims had a stressful Sunday? What about yours?! Cheesy

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: 2005 November 09, 04:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quite literally laughing out loud, here. Yeah, the game always seems to choose the worst possible moment to give you twins Smiley.

Your sims had a stressful Sunday? What about yours?! Cheesy

Oh yeah - I was stressing alright!  My husband thought I'd finally gone mad.

Katze thanks for the tip but I'm afraid Zak wont use the money tree either.  I think because he's such a grumpy sim he's just trying to make things difficult for me! 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: 2005 November 09, 06:17:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Fortunately the babies slept through the visit but Zak (only 1 nice point and 10 playful) refused to talk to the headmaster and started jumping on the bed instead.
How exactly does a sim REFUSE to talk to the headmaster? You clicked on the headmaster and chose "Talk", right?

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: