More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 11:21:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!  (Read 191106 times)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #75 on: 2005 August 22, 04:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chapter 3 is up. See my sig for My Sim Page address.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wusses!
« Reply #76 on: 2005 August 22, 04:45:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On my way to read it. Thanks was waiting for it. Mine went down the drain today stupid founder peed himself now I'm -1000.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
DuckSpeak
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 August 22, 17:47:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great story, I read it just after it was released. Too bad you don't get any waffles.  Wink
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 August 22, 19:46:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko, doesn't the Challenge allows you to resurrect the elders - it was quite sad to see them dying...Smiley. Besides that - wonderful story. And the toddler is gorgeous!
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 August 22, 20:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

reggikko, doesn't the Challenge allows you to resurrect the elders - it was quite sad to see them dying...Smiley. Besides that - wonderful story. And the toddler is gorgeous!

Thanks, Gali. Yes, I could resurrect them, but I already have too many Sims on this lot. As it is, people spend a lot of time meditating so I can keep track of everyone. I never used to let my Sims die, but I've found I prefer letting them go and moving on to the next generations. Sad sometimes, but it helps me keep interested to move on.

John will be back, reincarnated for my next attempt at this challenge. That particular Sim has been my founder each time. Smiley Then again, maybe I should ditch him. He's been kind of a jinx!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 August 23, 23:21:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggiko!
I am so glad to see you're still in this... have to say I haven't done much on mine lately, my second couple had just finished toddler training their twin boys (freaks) when something went screwy with the neighbourhood. Have been trying to get my computer sorted out as I consider finally buying University so I can get all the yummy new downloads I've been missing out on. How could this not be easier with the help with hacks like the encouri-whatever... one of my twins, despite both parents' 0 neat points had 7!

Your stories have inspired me to continue... must try again...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 August 23, 23:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reggiko!
I am so glad to see you're still in this... have to say I haven't done much on mine lately, my second couple had just finished toddler training their twin boys (freaks) when something went screwy with the neighbourhood. Have been trying to get my computer sorted out as I consider finally buying University so I can get all the yummy new downloads I've been missing out on. How could this not be easier with the help with hacks like the encouri-whatever... one of my twins, despite both parents' 0 neat points had 7!

Your stories have inspired me to continue... must try again...

Well, hey! I haven't seen you in forever. I'm considering starting with a couple next time. I have some new strategies I want to try out, too. Wink I will beat this challenge!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #82 on: 2005 August 24, 09:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know, I can't believe how long it's been since I've been on - I've been playing, but the game has been boring lately, and challenges with walls... well, they just don't seem challenging at all now. heh heh

I started a new one tonight. I won't say third, because my second is still fine, just not in a neighbourhood that is currently loaded.

I used a couple this time because my I started my first with a single, and that mailman (Sheldon) introduced an ugly gene that still sends twinges through me when I see his grandsons...

Not sure how this one will go, I'd forgotten how scary that first few days is... but the jobs worked out great so that she worked almost constantly until her maternity leave. Science, medicine, culinary, slacker, military (if I recall correctly)
Because I'm obsessed with the culinary reward for toddlers, I put him into the career and he earned it the night his son was born. Glad for a son, but remembering how handy the little puke-machines are, I may go for a daughter... so much easier to breed.

VJay
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: The Email Challenge...Because Those Other Challenges Are Boring And For Wuss
« Reply #83 on: 2005 September 08, 11:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to this challenge, for the first time in my game, I saw a sim having nightmares. He had nightmares of the cow mascott; He was sleeping and then suddenly a bubble above his head with the head of the cow in it and he woke up screaming in his bed and then fell asleep again. Hilarious!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 September 08, 11:27:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because I'm obsessed with the culinary reward for toddlers, I put him into the career and he earned it the night his son was born. Glad for a son, but remembering how handy the little puke-machines are, I may go for a daughter... so much easier to breed.
The Puke Machines are actually quite useful. Feed the baby, mess with it until it pukes, then use the shower due to low hygiene to satisfy bladder.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
SimsHost
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 September 10, 17:58:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Puke Machines are actually quite useful. Feed the baby, mess with it until it pukes, then use the shower due to low hygiene to satisfy bladder.

Aha!  Good point!  Babies can be an important bit of strategery here!

That's a better way to get the sims to spend some time in the shower than working their tushes off on the obstacle course or weight machine because you don't have to wear them out just to get them to do their duty.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 September 11, 04:15:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exactly my point,
Babies and toddlers are wonderful additions to any Email home... poor things get fed and shaken until they toss, then they transition and can't figure out why their parents can't be bothered to play with them once they hit the child stage.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 September 14, 00:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been playing this challenge with 2 families because i had a plan to marry their kids off. The first family started with one guy, and it was going well untill he married badly. It was Ericka the gardner girl, who has horrible personality, but is actually quite neat. She hasn't had any accidents, but Derk, her husband caught her cheating (she's romance), and since the marriage is not going so well, and she is annoying, I am wondering if they can break up and I can move her out, or will that incur I penalty? My reading of the rules is that it would be okay, but I wanted to check. I know she can't move back in later, but no one wants her to.

I had a problem with my second family (started with a couple) because the guy wouldn't pee on bushes, but from reading the posts here it seems he wasn't quite outgoing enough. The woman is happy to remain an emailian, and they will raise their child(ren) email, so they will be excellent potential mates for the orthodox emailian family.

Working on a story, but I want to finish the bachelorette series first.

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 September 25, 23:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am steeling myself for mockery. Here's the first part of my email story:
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=54564

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 September 26, 05:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great job! I was sorry to get to the end.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 September 26, 06:37:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mockery from me. I enjoyed it very much. And thanks for the plug! Smiley

Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 September 26, 06:53:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No mockery from me. I enjoyed it very much. And thanks for the plug! Smiley

No, no, thank you!  Wink I learned heaps about making good sims stories from reading your stories, reggikko.

Witches
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #92 on: 2005 September 27, 15:36:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And, of course, in grand Sims tradition, the story of an ongoing not-entirely-serious stab at the Email Challenge. I'm not posting the serious one, because I'm too lazy to take pictures of something that I don't find terribly funny.
http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=42164

This is one of the funniest stories I've read yet. I know I'm entering this thread late, but I wanted to tell you I laughed so hard when you introduced the Viking Mime guy I thought I was going to pee my pants ... and thus lose the RL Email challenge LOL.

Visit The Sims 2 Writer's Block for stories about the sims.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #93 on: 2005 September 27, 19:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the bump! I enjoyed rohina's & Oddysey's stories.

I'm still wondering why the challenge is called "Email", though...

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 September 27, 19:47:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ahem, "Email is like a prison. A prison with no walls. And no toilet."
(This site has way too many Homestar references. I'm glad I decided not to add all of them to the Wiki.)

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 September 27, 21:36:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to wait till he has it updated for nightlife then I will try again.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 September 27, 21:38:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I read it it was great, wish I could write stories.

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 October 13, 03:39:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Finally got another email chapter up.

http://thesims2.ea.com/exchange/story_detail.php?asset_id=56719

Enjoy.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 October 13, 07:15:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Great update, rohina! But three kids, oy!
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 October 13, 14:47:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

rohina and reggikko your stories are great waiting for the next installment. Smiley

the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: