More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 15:46:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Books.xls structure please
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Books.xls structure please  (Read 4224 times)
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
Books.xls structure please
« on: 2010 March 16, 12:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi there,
I'd like to stock certain book shelves of a library with certain genres. When I choose "stock with genre" -> category, the game tells me that the category can't be found in Books.xls. So now I'd like to edit this.
- Where can I find that file,
- what's the structure like (if it don't exist yet and I have to build it from scratch),
- oh and a list of category names would also be handy.
- Do I have to use the original english book titles or does it work with localized titles as well?

I can't find any of that information neither here nor somwhere else on the internet.

Greetings,
Cyron
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Books.xls structure please
« Reply #1 on: 2010 March 16, 19:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you've broken it. There's no books.xls. There's an XML. Is that what you meant?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Cyron
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 March 16, 22:54:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi,
I have already wondered why the game wants an xls but here is the message word by word: "There are no **** Unlocalized Genre **** books defined in Books.xls" . This comes up when I want to add books of genre "Tutorial". The message changes to "There are no Article books defined in Books.xls" when I want to add the genre "Article". Well It could very well be a typo by the developers and it's meant to be Books.xml (which would make more sense IMHO) but nonetheless the questions remain because I can't find "Books.*" neither in "MyDocuments/Electronic Arts/..." nor in the program folder of Sims 3. Where is that XML you mentioned?

Greetings,
Cyron
Spineraker
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 March 17, 03:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can second this one, but I'm not quite sure it is an awesomemod thing. To get to it, you need to use Debug Mode and ctrl-shift click on a bookshelf. The Stock with Genre option is right there...but none of the options allow you to do anything with it. I have a feeling the feature isn't fully supported...
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 March 17, 06:48:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not surprising. Remember all the buggy or invisible cheat objects available in debug mode in TS2?

What I've done with my library is to first set it as a residential lot. Have a sim move in and purchase all books. You'll probably want multiple copies depending on your library's size. Mine is small, so I went with three copies of each skill book and just two of the many fluff books. Then manually stock the cases. Move the sim out. Change the lot to Community - Library.

Sim-written novels show up in every bookcase after they are written.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 March 17, 07:03:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're not supposed to add "Article" or "Tutorial" books. Silly.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: