More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 01:22:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Anyone have Townies they are willing to upload
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anyone have Townies they are willing to upload  (Read 7124 times)
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Anyone have Townies they are willing to upload
« on: 2006 April 18, 04:27:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok i did delete all characters and got exremely bored with creating townies after like 4 people lol. So I was wondering does anyone have any townies they are will to upload that they custom created. Can have custom content or not doesn't bother me. lol I only need like a 300 or so lol.

Ok no one shoot me lol

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Anyone have Townies they are willing to upload
« Reply #1 on: 2006 April 18, 04:28:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you download all the MATY self-sims and turn them into townies?  Ready-made Sims, it works out great.  Smiley
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 April 18, 05:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If that's not enough, I am happy to send some of mine, I have about 100 or so - lost count Tongue
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 April 18, 05:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How fun Cheesy

I have at least 150 Sims either cloned from PE, or custom created.
They're mostly child to adult though there are a few elders...toddlers too if you need a few for an adoption pool.. heh heh
I think most were born in game, but 'special' enough that I felt a need to clone them. They're all named, so it would be easy enough to send you specifics (teens, adults, children or whatever you need to fill in gaps)

Could pop them into Bodyshop and do a custom content check (try to send you some without including 3G of CC)

pm me if you're interested

(what a cool idea)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 April 18, 05:49:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES YES lol give me give me I always love using others sims. How do y'all want to do this? lol

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Syera
Exasperating Eyesore

A well-stocked toolkit can fix anything...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 April 18, 06:02:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.springhole.net/bogsims/syera/genetics/sims.htm - it's not exactly three hundred, but it should give you a few interesting faces.  Wink

The BogSims Institute - We've been updating these days...
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 April 18, 06:14:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Mine are almost entirely cc ...bodybuilder mesh, hair, clothes. That is the only thing I would be worried about. I keep all genetics in one folder, clothes in another...all hacks are isolated. So I could zip the appropriate cc too without including any nasty surprises, if you didn't have it already. Character files are easy to zip and send as well, but are neighborhood specific. Mine are neighborhoods 2 and 3. Most of them would be bald and revert to maxis clothes, but the body meshes may pose a problem if you don't have them installed.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 April 18, 06:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

depends on if you want to add the personalities yourself... heh heh

I'm wondering how bad of an idea it would be to put a bunch of them (30-40 because I have that mod) on a lot and you could use Inge's shrub to set them as townies or adoptees (because it would save you from assigning personality points, outfits, names, aspirations and all the other tedium of adding so many sims at once) They could also have jobs and a skill or two to keep it if you wanted them that way. Don't think either hack would need to be included... once the lot is packed with sims, all hacks and mods   could be removed from the game before packaging.

Of course, they would have to be lots from a completely new and empty neighbourhood with no other Sims in them (to prevent fiery balls)

ducks and covers in anticipation of the crap flinging from such a suggestion

whatever you think will work

vilia
Juvenile Jackass

Robin-chwaaan

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 April 18, 10:57:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably best to have 8 per lot for those that don't have the mod for >80.  Someone did it for all of the MATY sims but I think it was lost with the forum problems (Huh)

Inge's shrub rocks but if you still wanted to mess with them you could use TJ's college adjuster hack to randomly assign aspirations, personality, skills & lifetime want.

If you wanted names you could check out this website http://www.census.gov/genealogy/names/names_files.html
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2006 April 18, 13:28:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used mainly the MATY Sims as townies in my re-started Pleasantview.  Quite a few of them have hooked-up with playable Sims now and become playable (although Brynne still remains elusive).  The latest to become playable was Missdoh (known as Missy Doh), who will shortly have the honour of providing the next heir for the Goth dynasty.  Alexander was already in love with Dina (yes, his ex-stepmother), but she couldn't get pregnant and now she's too old, so he slung her out and moved Missy in, who he already had a mutual crush on.  When I next play their lot they will get married and hopefully Missy will be 'with child' quite quickly as Alexander is getting on a bit now.

I also have quite a few of them as teens who've been through Uni and are now in the neighbourhood.  It's quite interesting to see who they end-up falling for.  JM even had the honour of providing the very first alien sprog in the neighbourhood and it wasn't contrived, either!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 April 18, 18:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey thanks Ancient, I always wonder what happen to MissDoh in the game of people.

She hit the jackpot!  Funny thing is that MissDoh does not care about money but she does love cancer (zodiac sign).  Smiley  Sure hope she won't die on you being scared to death by one of the many ghosts on the Goth's lot.

I would love to see picture of their kids if you don't mind, and the wedding too if it is possible.

Thanks for the head-up  Grin

One day I will start to use SimPe, I don't know when but it will happen  Tongue
Paperbladder
Paperian Heretic
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 April 18, 21:58:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got 15 "townies", which probably about 10 are ones that I made myself.  Those 10 are actually playables in my game.  The others are Maxian Sims that I exported.  14 Adults, and only 1 uses a custom skintone.  All the others will work with any version of the game.  I guess I could upload them somewhere if someone really wanted them.  I should probably redo one if I'm going that route and there's probably 2 more that I can export with SimSurgery.
gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 April 19, 17:02:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a lame question (I feel like I'm overlooking something really obvious), but how do you make a sim into a townie?  I saw a reference to Inge's shrub upthread--is that the only way?

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 April 19, 17:09:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably a lame question (I feel like I'm overlooking something really obvious), but how do you make a sim into a townie?  I saw a reference to Inge's shrub upthread--is that the only way?

Inge's shrub or the Family Tree you can spawn with the InSIMenator I don't know of any other ways.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 April 19, 17:14:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could also do it in SimPE, but Inge's shrub is the fastest and easiest.

gjam
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 April 19, 17:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's shrub or the Family Tree you can spawn with the InSIMenator I don't know of any other ways.

You could also do it in SimPE, but Inge's shrub is the fastest and easiest.

OK, I'll go ahead and get the shrub.  I'm a little cautious of Inge's stuff now that she's not supporting it, but I guess it should be fine until the next EP.  Although I used to know how to use SimPE to make townies playable and move them into families, so I could probably try reversing that, too.

(I'm getting back into the game after a 9-month break and a fresh install on a new PC, so I have a lot of details to catch up on.)

Now playing: UNI, NL, OFB, & Pets
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 April 20, 00:32:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inge's shrub works fine up to OFB -- I've been using it to turn self and pre-made sims from here and elsewhere into townies to replace those who have entered the great bit-bucket in the sky. I also use JMP's notownieregen hack to keep the game from automatically replacing the dead or became playable townies.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 April 20, 01:26:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torkle and Jordi have put together a version of Inge's shrub which is fixed for downtownies as well.  You can find it in peasantry.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 April 20, 13:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Torkle and Jordi have put together a version of Inge's shrub which is fixed for downtownies as well.  You can find it in peasantry.

Cool -- I didn't notice that!  i'll have to grab it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: