More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 11, 05:59:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  The Launcher lies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: The Launcher lies  (Read 2849 times)
Rain
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
The Launcher lies
« on: 2009 December 12, 09:10:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So after reading some of the helpful tips here, I successfully installed the newest Awesomemod. The game recognizes it, the loading screen actually loads and lets me in to the game, but I keep getting the famous 'Warning: Core mismatch' at the start. And that is weird, since I'm sure I've updated to the latest 2.2 patch, and the launcher agrees with me. So I took out all the possible conflicting mods and only put ones that are guaranteed to be safe, but still the problem persists. And when I tried to save I got the error code 16, which means my game is still oblivious to the patch.

So I tried to patch it again, thrice in fact. The update went smoothly, I didn't get the 'Invalid File Found' warning, the window said the update's done and the launcher shows 2.2. But when I looked at the skuversion.txt, the game version stays at 2.0. I tried to change it myself, that and one that's contained within Default.ini. I also tried changing the ones that are in The Sims 3 Bin but I see no changes.

I can actually go in and play the game though. Haven't experienced any crashes since I played only fifteen minutes the longest. The game worked okay, it's just that I couldn't get the wife to do anything. She was unresponsive to any commands I gave her. She fell to this state after the husband went home from a short trip to Egypt. The said husband and their son were fine though, for now. I'm not sure whether this bug is caused by the game or by the core mismatch, since I read that people also have the same problem as I do (and some cases are worse) so... I'm lost now.

I'm seeking for suggestions here, since I've been dealing with this problem for three days straight with no result. I used Google and Search too FYI.. so I apologize for failing to do so properly.

Thanks in advance. Sorry for the English.
Viscountess
coconnor
Horrible Halfwit

Meh ....

View Profile
Re: The Launcher lies
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 12, 17:48:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you search for the thread titled "Stop the Insanity" by user: Motoki, his post will explain how to verify (independent of the information on the launcher) that your game is fully patched in reality.  Of course, he did this for an earlier patch to the base game, but in general the method would be the same.  Here is the link to his post:  http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,16229.msg467190.html#msg467190.

For instance, I have World Adventures installed and my game says the size is 10.8 MB with a product version of 0.2.0.63.  (Mine is a little different since I recently upgraded to a 64-bit version of Windows Vista (unfortunately, not Windows 7 yet).  If you check your installation in this manner you should be able to verify whether or not the patch actually took.  If not, you might have to try reinstalling/re-patching.
« Last Edit: 2009 December 12, 20:28:17 by coconnor » Logged

In the (should be) immortal words of Ron White:  "You can't fix stupid!"
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: