More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 18:26:32

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  minor BV fireplace annoyance
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: minor BV fireplace annoyance  (Read 3427 times)
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
minor BV fireplace annoyance
« on: 2007 October 22, 02:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually like the new BV fireplace, I find the type\color of the stonework a bit ugly but it's nothing that a recolor couldn't help. The fact that the BV fireplace does not act in a manner in which the rest of the fireplaces do when used on a house with a foundation annoys me. I had been pleasantly surprised when my fireplaces first started extending down to meet the ground on a house with a foundation, instead of floating in air like they used to do. I have no idea when they fixed it but to find that this fireplace does not do it as well is a bit annoying.

Is this even fixable by a custom creator or is the work of Eaxis needed? If it is the latter, then all hope is lost.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: minor BV fireplace annoyance
« Reply #1 on: 2007 October 22, 05:58:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that too. Bloody annoying, can't EAxis do anything right? Angry

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 October 22, 07:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's rather nice if you place the entire fireplace in the middle of the house on the second floor, but very annoying if you place it against an outside wall like that.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 October 22, 07:53:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been having to build part of the foundation under it and that just looks shitty.  I hate this sort of lame-ass tossing together of content.  But I'm not surprised - it's typical Eaxis. 

The sad part is that I really like this fireplace and can't use it the way I want. 

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 October 22, 15:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The sad part is that I really like this fireplace and can't use it the way I want. 
The inside of the fireplace or the outside of the fireplace? The outside looks like pure crap. I'm not even talking about the extension...the texture is godawful. Overall they've been doing better on their objects.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
starrling
Giraffe Person
Pinheaded Pissant

nyah

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 October 22, 18:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The outside.  I like it for mountain cabins and I try to use only Eaxis made fp's because Carrigon's hack doesn't work on custom.  It may be crap but it's better than sticking a brick fp on a cabin.  That's just...wrong.  Tongue

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 October 22, 18:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The outside.  I like it for mountain cabins and I try to use only Eaxis made fp's because Carrigon's hack doesn't work on custom.  It may be crap but it's better than sticking a brick fp on a cabin.  That's just...wrong.  Tongue

I'm not a big downloader of CC buy/build objects, so I determined early on that I would go for as much realism as possible, but without sticking to hard rules.  Consequently, most of my sim houses follow the classic hodge-podge school of architectural design, and are similarly furnished.  It is likely that I would not put a fireplace on a cabin, but might install the black wood stove thingy.  That being said, my beach hut (newly expanded to accommodate new spawn - yes, Alex Jolrei was born last night) still has a thatched roof and grass panel walls, but also has a black grand piano in it (don't like the silly upright thing).  There are no electric lights (just the medieval candle things) but there is a fridge.  These anomalies I find mildly amusing and not annoying at all.

Sims not using the fucking back door I just installed, but walking out the front door and going all the way around the house to get to the beach - that annoys me.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: