More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 15, 06:12:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Idiot Teen Refusing to Go To School
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Idiot Teen Refusing to Go To School  (Read 22697 times)
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
Idiot Teen Refusing to Go To School
« on: 2006 February 02, 00:00:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK here's the problem:

I had a teenager who stopped having the option to go to school (public).  When the bus came (for her younger brother - a child), she didn't get prompted to get on it and when I selected her a tried to click on it, I got the 'no actions possible' message.  I thought she was just bugged and as it was a Thursday and she was due to go to college at the weekend, she just stayed home for a couple of days and then went off.  Her A+ rating didn't drop.

That was fine.  As I said, I thought it was just a bug for that sim.  BUT I then went on to play another household with three teenagers and the problem repeated itself but with only one teenager - the oldest.  The other two went off to school just fine.  I have been trying to work out why.

I checked with SimPE (again because I did that with the girl too) and yes, he is coded as a teenager - he's shown as a teenager in game and has all the normal teenage options and information, wants and all the rest - he has an A+ rating for his (private) school and a teen-elder job. 

I wondered whether it might be a hack or a conflict between hacks.  I admit I have several hacks in my game - well, alright quite a lot of hacks (though I bet not as many as some of you).  Or is this a known bug that in all my avid reading I have simply not come across?  I pulled out all the most recent hacks I had installed but it made no difference.  I have been all over this site (and others) to see if there is anything I missed in the hack descriptions but I can't see anything that is related (except maybe Inteenimator conflicting with something?  If a female sim becomes pregnant, her schooling is suspended till the baby comes).  I did think about Inge Jones' school hacks, which can affect the school bus, but haven't yet installed them in my game.

I have made some progress though.  Noting that this teenager was the oldest of three (he had 7 days to go till he aged - I normally run my teenagers for their full time) - and that it was just before she went to college that I noticed the other teenager stopped school, I changed his age with SimPE making him a day younger.  Bingo - off he went.  So it's something related to age.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?  Or have I missed something?  It was a lot of effort getting him in to private school and, as far as I'm concerned, he's damn well going to go.  Thanks for any help.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Idiot Teen Refusing to Go To School
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 02, 00:05:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I bet it's inteen. Inteen allows teenagers to be younger than 18 and older than 18. Older than 18 and they graduate HS and are able to get adult jobs and the like. Your kids must have graduated from HS. The hot fix will ensure they don't lose the grades scholarship (and I guess their grades don't go down as yours didn't).

Just so happens, I just installed this hack so I read everything really recently :)

Unsouper
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 02, 00:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to me too, and it is inteen- if you don't like it, install the "no adult teens" flavor pack

simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 02, 00:07:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep - read the Inteen documentation. At the late teen stage, they can skip school. If you don't like this and want them to continue going to school, there is a flavor pack you can install.
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 February 02, 00:13:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maxon, you aren't alone. I also missed reading (or read and didn't understand) InTeen's graduation from HS thing. At least you checked with SimPE and otherwise went looking. I assumed it was me/my game/the lot/the sim as the teen was the oldest of ten (three teens and seven toddlers) on the lot. Don't ask. I nuked the whole lot and THEN read the RTFM. Sigh. Live and Learn.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 February 02, 00:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep - read the Inteen documentation. At the late teen stage, they can skip school. If you don't like this and want them to continue going to school, there is a flavor pack you can install.

That's odd - I installed Inteen absolutely ages ago and only noticed this effect in the last week.  I've been having teenagers go to school right up until they left for college until now.

Thanks for all replies.  You're probably right but how it came about I don't know.  Blast.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 February 02, 00:32:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you maybe have removed or moved the flavor pack that makes them act just like Maxis teens? The flavor packs need to be in the same folder with inteen to work properly - maybe it just got moved out or something, or deleted by accident?

Unsouper
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 February 02, 00:38:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to keep that Flavor (yuck spelling) Pack but want to send that particular sim to school perhaps because of low grades, then you can always have them drive to school once you have NL - and a spare car.

happy now :-)
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 February 02, 00:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a fine coincidence to find this thread Smiley That problem first appeared in my Legacy families.
I never imagined that InTeen had anything to do with it.

To those who were also affected ... were you able to send the teens to school by car instead of using the bus?
That was my work-around so far, buying them a car and car-pooling to school.
simmiecal
Dead Member

No kittens within five miles of my house! :)

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 February 02, 00:58:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What a fine coincidence to find this thread Smiley That problem first appeared in my Legacy families.

To those who were also affected ... were you able to send the teens to school by car instead of using the bus?
That was my work-around so far, buying them a car and car-pooling to school.

Yep - the car option will work. Also installing the flavor pack will allow them to go to school on the bus (no adult teen flavor pack).
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 February 02, 01:04:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you maybe have removed or moved the flavor pack that makes them act just like Maxis teens? The flavor packs need to be in the same folder with inteen to work properly - maybe it just got moved out or something, or deleted by accident?

Yes, thanks Sagana.  I just thought of that and came back to say so to find you'd all been talking about it.  I've been having a clear out recently and I have problems with nervous twitching (it's a neurological thing) - it's not at all unlikely that I grabbed the file while looking at the Inteen folder and moved it by accident.  I installed Inteen a really long time ago and although I did read the documentation then, I can't remember even a quarter of what it said (memory problems are also neurological thing!!).  I'll either have to try and find out where I moved the file to or dig out the original zipped download and reinstall it.  I love inteen - it's a cracking hack.

Inteen for AL, yay!
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 February 02, 01:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, thanks Sagana.  I just thought of that and came back to say so to find you'd all been talking about it.  I've been having a clear out recently and I have problems with nervous twitching (it's a neurological thing) - it's not at all unlikely that I grabbed the file while looking at the Inteen folder and moved it by accident.  I installed Inteen a really long time ago and although I did read the documentation then, I can't remember even a quarter of what it said (memory problems are also neurological thing!!).  I'll either have to try and find out where I moved the file to or dig out the original zipped download and reinstall it.  I love inteen - it's a cracking hack.

Yup - I've just checked the original Inteen documentation and looked in my folders and indeed the noadultteens pack is missing.  So I've put it back and problem solved.  I knew if I asked here someone would be able to point me in the right direction.  Thanks everyone for your help.

Inteen for AL, yay!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 February 02, 02:35:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's not at all unlikely that I grabbed the file while looking at the Inteen folder and moved it by accident.

that's exactly what I would have done and I don't have any reasons :) The only way I remember what the docs for inteen say is cuz I just installed it yesterday (and I did read them... well most of them... well... basically, first.) By tomorrow I won't remember it properly and next week I won't remember it at all :)

I'm very glad you've got it working again.

Unsouper
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 February 02, 03:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You had a problem with a teenager, and it never occured to you that InTeen might have something to do with it?  Roll Eyes

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 February 02, 03:23:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to keep that Flavor (yuck spelling) Pack

Altogether now - YUCK YUCK YUCK.  Oh, I do so LOVE this quote.  Let's all ADD THE YOO.  Wanna learn more about the YOO?  Go here: http://www.wittywoman.com/yoos.html

Sorry, have to advertise my wares now and again.  Take another set of lips.  The YOO is worth it. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 February 02, 11:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want to keep that Flavor (yuck spelling) Pack

Altogether now - YUCK YUCK YUCK.  Oh, I do so LOVE this quote.  Let's all ADD THE YOO.  Wanna learn more about the YOO?  Go here: http://www.wittywoman.com/yoos.html

Sorry, have to advertise my wares now and again.  Take another set of lips.  The YOO is worth it. 

Tee hee - yus, I cudn't agree more.

Inteen for AL, yay!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 February 02, 13:00:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime somebody installs the Inteenimator, God kills a kitten. How does it feel to know you just caused the death of an innocent kitten, you murderer?

Think of the poor kittens!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 February 02, 13:29:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Everytime somebody installs the Inteenimator, God kills a kitten. How does it feel to know you just caused the death of an innocent kitten, you murderer?

I feel so pure!
I only have awesome hacks and a couple by Monique at MTS2.

No kittens on my conscience.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 February 02, 15:13:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complete bollocks - go on rip me

pfft

Inteen for AL, yay!
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 February 02, 15:25:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Complete bollocks - go on rip me

No no no no, no.
When will people get this?
It's the "Dogs Bollocks", or the "Cats Whiskers".
Not the Kittens Bollocks.

ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 February 02, 15:49:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Um, wouldn't it actually be
Dog's Bollocks or Cat's Whiskers

Punctuation is Important!!

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
tunaisafish
Axe Murderer
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 February 02, 16:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well Ill take you're word for it as you are a teecher, and making a pyle of howmwork as we right Smiley

That possessive rule always confuses me.  It parses as "Dog is Bollocks".
Is "Dogs' Bollocks" OK if there is more that one dog though?

All you idiot teens that aren't attending school, stick around...

Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 February 02, 17:14:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  You are so funny! Stop bullying Jase - you know his mod is awesome, JM.  Tongue

happy now :-)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 February 02, 17:24:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, good that I don't have this hack, otherwise I'd commit a suicide  [kitten in a glass]  Grin Grin Grin

Very funny, JMP!
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 February 02, 17:39:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witches love the little kittens,
All the kittens of the world.
Be they boiled or baked or fried,
barbequed or on the side.
Witches love the little kittens of the world

(Apologies to C'thulhu - I just haven't quite made it past the Little Mouse stage with children just yet)

Unsouper
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: