More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 21:44:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sims making out with themselves?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sims making out with themselves?  (Read 10797 times)
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Sims making out with themselves?
« on: 2005 September 02, 11:57:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going through sims' memories in SimPE and deleting memories (so that I can further delete unwanted sims/npcs) when I noticed that a few of my sims had memories of making out with themselves. No woohoo with self though. Is it because of the Relation Editor in the new SimPE where a sim has a relationship with himself/herself? Hope I'm making sense. Has anyone else come across this?
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Sims making out with themselves?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 September 02, 12:29:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because of the handheld, which causes schysophrenia. You have to use the hack that fixes it - handheldfix.zip, in Official Stuff in All Hacks.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 September 02, 12:56:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Really? You think? I already have the handheld fix though, and I've had it in place for a while now. Before, without it, they get a memory of meeting themselves, wanting to talk to themselves, wanting to befriend themselves etc etc, but the most annoying was getting a crush on other sims. Hasn't got any schizophrenic episodes after that, until after I updated SimPE to 0.44(?), the one right before the latest 0.46 version. The readme said sims could be set to love themselves in advande mode, but I can only handle the basics so I didn't check the advance mode box, and in any case, I went right back to the classic GUI 'cos it's more familiar. So I was wondering if there is a connection, and if I should be worried since there are multiple instances of same sim listed being reported recently.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 September 04, 03:30:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...since there are multiple instances of same sim listed being reported recently.

Which Sim is this? Because I have heard this, too, with a Troy Kit (?)

Love is the Virtue of the Heart
Sincerity, the Virtue of the Mind
Decision, the Virtue of the Will
Courage, the Virtue of the Spirit
The Organic Commandment - 1948, Frank Lloyd Wright
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 September 04, 03:56:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version of SimPE (46) and I can't see an advance mode anywhere.  Whereabouts is it?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 September 04, 04:29:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin I'll definitely have to check Beau and Keanu's memories again!  I noticed they'd met themselves but I didn't see anything about making out with themselves!  And Cassandra has also got memories of meeting herself, and no handheld.

Interestingly, whereas Beau and Keanu's relationship with themselves is 100/100. Lilith Pleasant likes Lilith Pleasant 100, but Lilith Pleasant likes Lilith Pleasant 0!  Make what you can of that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 September 04, 04:31:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the latest version of SimPE (46) and I can't see an advance mode anywhere.  Whereabouts is it?

Listen here now, Girl, your neighborhood has enough weirdness to submit a multitude of stories already.  Now you have my interest peaked and I can't wait to see what you produce.

[attachment deleted by admin]

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 September 04, 08:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was referring to the SimPE Weirdness - Multiple Instances of the same sim, in thread posted by Zythe. I haven't run into the same problem - yet. I saw the memories of sims making out with themselves (deleted them pronto so they can't pass memory of the dirty deed in a gossip) before I read about Zythe's problem.

Daniel Pleasant was the first sim I saw with the 'Made-out with Daniel Pleasant' and 'Made-out with Daniel Pleasant for the first time' memory. Mary-sue also had the same memories of herself. They made-out autonomously as guests at someone else's house after I updated SimPE to 0.44(?? anyway, it was the then-new GUI that couldn't pull up all the sim names so sim ancestors were listed as Unknowns) and I was doing one of my periodic memory deletion when I saw the silly Romance-sim had a memory of making out with himself. I laughed then thought to myself, Ugh, Daniel, Daniel. What? So desperate for some lovin' you made-out yourself to add to the x number of sims you've made out with 'cos I won't let you cheat? And Mary-sue, what's your excuse? Made-out with yourself 'cos Daniel won't love you?

I have the latest version of SimPE (46) and I can't see an advance mode anywhere. Whereabouts is it?

In the Classic Gui, it's under Extra-Options-Settings. In the new GUI, it's Extra-Preferences-SimPE Settings.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 September 04, 12:46:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, in my hood, Daniel and Mary-Sue haven't met themselves, so presumably they won't have made out with themselves either - but I shall have to check!  They don't have handhelds, though.

I don't go in much for story-telling.  Occasionally I'll sort out a family's photos and give them captions, but that's about all.  Annoys me, if you put a story-line to aa Uni house, the storyline stays even though the original sims have move out and new ones moved in (I usually move new ones in before they graduate, as then they don't have to pay the rent and can buy new stuff or make the house bigger.)

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 September 04, 21:38:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Funny, in my hood, Daniel and Mary-Sue haven't met themselves....

Haahahahaha, that's the "funny" part, they haven't met themselves Cheesy! None of my sims have after the handheld fix. The things the Sims 2 and EP make you say. "Met themselves", "made out with themselves", "want to be friends with themselves", the list goes on.

I'm not big on story-telling either, I don't even bother anymore  Tongue.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 September 04, 22:46:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I rather think a few of the Maxis programmers have some kind of mental health problem!

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 September 04, 23:38:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or maybe it's a SimPE side-effect? I don't mean the schizophrenic tendencies with the handheld, 'cos the handheld fix already took care of that, it's the very visible made-out with self memory I'm referring to.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 September 05, 09:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You mean SimPE is finding something that isn't really there?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 September 05, 15:57:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess you could put it that way. Or maybe it's a combination of the game and SimPE. This made-out with self memory appeared after the 0.44 update. As I remember it, all the pre-mades (with the exception of the Romance sims and Lillith and Dirk) only had a memory of first kiss and woohoo, but not made-outs and 'had first woohoo with so & so'. The 'had first woohoo with' is a new memory that came with the Uni EP and sims get it in spite of having already done the deed. As I play lots in rotation, Daniel and Mary-sue had already made out, so the memory was already created. Then update SimPE, they made-out autonomously on soneone else's lot and bam, the made-out with self memory appeared.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 September 05, 16:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh blimey!!!!!  so, is the memory in their memories in game, or just in SimPE?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 September 05, 16:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd have to say both. I left it there, went back to the game just to make sure I wasn't seeing things in SimPE and there they were,  the memory with a thumbnail of themselves. I think they weren't the only 2 affected, but I was getting really groggy, exited the game and got rid of the silly memories (before they can gossip about it) and finished doing the editing I had wanted done then hit the sack.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 September 05, 16:19:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it's safe to delete memories of that kind, so long as they haven't done the rounds of Pleasantview?

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 September 05, 16:33:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've deleted visible memories before, the A+ and Family Reunion spam (before the hacks), Don's, Daniel's and Dina's affairs among others (that's what I do to start a 'clean' neighbourhood), so far no BFBVFOS. The deletion is to make things easier for myself when I do editing in SimPE. I've also made it a point to delete invisble memories where available after a gameplay session so that I don't have to go through the labouriously tedious task of checking every sim to see who got what memory of which sim and who loaded ncps (like the nanny, for example, rather have my sims call in sick than hire one) that I might want to get rid of in future.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 September 05, 16:44:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I have made a start at deleting unnecessary memories, just wasn't sure which ones were safe to delete!  Thanks, I can now go ahead and get rid of ALL those annoying ones!  (Like invisible met unknown sim memory belonging to xxxxx) (The unknown sims are Townies who I deleted the relationship and then the sim, but didn't know about having to do the memories separately.  Seems you need to keep a notebook to list all the various tasks you need to perform!!!!)

Zephyr Zodiac
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 September 05, 17:11:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And the invisble made best friends with so & so ones, argh. So long as we don't delete any tokens like JMP advised against, I think we are safe. I read somewhere, I think in this forum, where this person mentioned having to track down invisble 'sim loaded' tokens (created when npcs were generated for specific functions, like nannies, gardeners, drivers etc) to delete, never occured to me that I should probably do that too and now I have. So far, still no BFBVFOS. I'm pretty sure sims will get it again, as they always do in my game so I guess that's ok to delete too. For example, I deleted Lucy the maid, a new one was generated and one of the sims of the family that did the hiring got the sim-loaded token when I looked in SimPE. Same goes for drivers and cashiers - don't understand why cashiers and nannies can't stick to the 3-of-each-type rule  Undecided.

Edit: I deleted the sim-loaded tokens only for the purpose of removing unwanted characters from the game files, otherwise, I leave them there as I'm not sure if the game will get fubar'd when the npc tries to load and the token is missing.
« Last Edit: 2005 September 05, 17:16:22 by CuriousSpurious » Logged
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 September 06, 01:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was referring to the SimPE Weirdness - Multiple Instances of the same sim, in thread posted by Zythe. I haven't run into the same problem - yet. I saw the memories of sims making out with themselves (deleted them pronto so they can't pass memory of the dirty deed in a gossip) before I read about Zythe's problem.

I wanted to let you know that I went in and looked at all the Pleasantview major character's memories in SimPE, but I saw no weirdness, just the usual pre-fix spamming and I have the .46 version.  I don't have any handhelds, only used them a couple of times before I deemed them evil.

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 September 06, 07:04:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for going to all that trouble Smiley.
Bane~Child
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 September 07, 07:18:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No problem, I wanted to look anyway and see what I could clean out.  I understand Sims having their own memories of being taught to walk, etc.  I don't understand why there has to be a second memory belonging to the other person teaching that Sim to walk and then have the exact duplicate memories for the other Sim and every relative and friend they know.  Since individual memories identify both parties anyway, I see no sense in all the duplication.  I suppose too this could be the gossip factor, so I don't know how you would ever stop the process.  It seems we will always be purging memories just to keep our games afloat.

When looking through my Pleasantview memories, I did notice that the dead grandparents had memories of meeting their grandchildren even though they were dead long before this.  I don't remember this before, but I did do a lot of filling in information from the family trees, where it appeared that Maxis got lazy about that as well.  I think it may have happened in the Family ties Editor, where I completed some of the family ties that were missing.  When putting in the parents of the father or mother and then listing their spouse, siblings and children this probably caused the extra memory to be written.  I made no other changes in the dead grandparents' Sim Description files, nor did I manually add any memories for them.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: