More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 16:06:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Third Seasons Patch is out....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Third Seasons Patch is out....  (Read 97697 times)
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
Re: Second Seasons Patch is out....
« Reply #25 on: 2007 June 12, 03:26:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd install it, but I just  finished putting all my hacked files and cracks back into place after installing H&M. *sigh*

Fail.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 June 12, 03:40:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Primp self-interaction is again available.

I'd wondered what happened to it.

I'd be willing to try this out 'first,' but I get the 'Must uninstall and reinstall Seasons' error message and don't know how to fix it.  Angry Any suggestions? Incidentally, I am using a No-CD crack, but I've tried using the 'normal' file in its place and still get that message.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 June 12, 03:43:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you edited your graphicrules.sgr file?  If this is like the last patch (and since it does include those fixes, I assume it is) you'll need to back that file up and replace it with the original.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 June 12, 03:46:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Think I'll wait to see if it behaves oddly before patching. I'm still in the middle of 'I just installed Pets and Seasons and now I really need to clean out all my custom content like whoa but also download stuff for the new EPs and catch up on new goodies in the last six months and oh why not add a few stuff packs' mode and not actually playing anyway, so can't do useful testing.

Now if I could just figure out what's wrong with that damn glasses mesh. Tongue

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 June 12, 04:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you edited your graphicrules.sgr file?  If this is like the last patch (and since it does include those fixes, I assume it is) you'll need to back that file up and replace it with the original.

My wha. . . ? Hmm, Never heard of that before. The first patch went in fine, but this one is giving me problems. I'll give that a try. Thanks. Smiley

"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 June 12, 04:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most common files responsible for the error are objects.package, graphicsrules mentioned above (usually edited to get around Maxis-imposed resolution/display limits), and a cracked .exe. One patch choked on my empty OFB template.

Here's what you should do. Run the patch and watch the progress. When the error pops up, look at which file the installation had reached. That's the file that the patch is choking on. You need to replace it with the original version (off the CD or mounted image).

Fail.
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 June 12, 04:17:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most common files responsible for the error are objects.package, graphicsrules mentioned above (usually edited to get around Maxis-imposed resolution/display limits), and a cracked .exe. One patch choked on my empty OFB template.

Here's what you should do. Run the patch and watch the progress. When the error pops up, look at which file the installation had reached. That's the file that the patch is choking on. You need to replace it with the original version (off the CD or mounted image).

Well, that makes a lot of sense. Thanks! It seems it's my TSData/Res/3D/Objects02.package file. How very odd. Oh well, I'll see what I can do. Smiley

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 June 12, 04:34:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They become corrupted for no reason whatsoever. Sad

Fail.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 June 12, 04:52:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is willing to bet that EA stole. I mean borrowed Pescado's code to fix the problems that Seasons shipped with?

Seriously, it took them 2 months from the 'expected' release to actually ship this. Ironically, it takes them too long to release a patch, but every expansion and stuff pack ships on time...

Seems they don't give a crap about the community and will just release all the crap for the game without fixing their previous issues. But good thing we have pescado here to fix them.

On a side note, what awesome hacks are not needed anymore due to this second patch, or were they removed in the new director's cut?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 June 12, 05:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple hacks listed in the   /seasons/obsolete/   directory already.

Fail.
Solowren
Senator

A flock of crapped nerds

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 June 12, 05:37:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Been playing with the patch installed for at least a few hours now with no hang-ups to speak of. That's a nice change.

PandaGirl
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 June 12, 05:45:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Who is willing to bet that EA stole. I mean borrowed Pescado's code to fix the problems that Seasons shipped with?

Seriously, it took them 2 months from the 'expected' release to actually ship this. Ironically, it takes them too long to release a patch, but every expansion and stuff pack ships on time...

Seems they don't give a crap about the community and will just release all the crap for the game without fixing their previous issues. But good thing we have pescado here to fix them.

On a side note, what awesome hacks are not needed anymore due to this second patch, or were they removed in the new director's cut?

One would think that the newly updated DC would have taken out the fixes...

IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 June 12, 05:50:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are a couple hacks listed in the   /seasons/obsolete/   directory already.

I mean by this things the patch changes that pescado also changed. Not the ones in the obsolete folder (because those ones completely were fixed)

I mean like antiweatherreaction, warmthfixes...

(shame I accidently patched the game incorrectly and must reinstall everything)
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 June 12, 06:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o Sims will no longer die as easily by being struck by lightning.
o Visiting "Townie" Sims will not die as often when struck by lightning.

Doubleplusungood!  Angry

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 June 12, 06:35:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far the only bug that I can see is that the bunk bed that I got from MTS2 is flashing blue (like it would without the floor mirror installed). I'll try reinstalling said floor mirror to see if that helps.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 June 12, 06:57:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Against my better judgement, I'm going to give it a try.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 June 12, 07:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the last discussion we had about it, Pes said it's not stealing, since they own all the rights, and that he, basically, like the rest of us, was in favor of them using his fixes, if it meant things would get fixed, and fixed right.

Plus, this is WAY earlier than they patched Pets properly, or OFB and NL, let alone Uni.  The first patch came out very quickly, really, and it's only been a little over 3 months since release.  That's about on average with other game companies, for a change, and better than quite a few.

ETA: Forgot to mention that I have installed it. Booting up the game now..

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 June 12, 07:37:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Patch 2 for seasons!
          o Sim Babies no longer cry excessively

Holy shit, it may be worth getting just for that.

Even though I'll have to probably reinstall seasons to get the patch to work.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: 2007 June 12, 07:55:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

o Un-moveable maple trees in neighborhood view will no longer appear at random.

Oh good-but.....

NOTE: Not all fixes will take effect on existing The Sims 2 Seasons saved games. If you have an existing lot, Sim, object or neighborhood that does not seem to be improved by this patch, we recommend that you replace the affected object, or create either a new family, lot or neighborhood, depending on what is affected by the bug.

Bugger.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 June 12, 08:06:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that warning refers to
Ottomas twins’ father data is now correct
. If you have G001 imported in My Docs prior to getting this patch, you won't benefit from the fixes in the patched template.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: 2007 June 12, 08:26:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the G001 empty template installed for building purposes in my vanilla Sims 2 folder, but I've deleted that actual neighbourhood in my playable Sims 2 folder. Shouldn't affect my custom neighbourhoods....should it?
Just downloaded the patch, and it installed with no problems, so now I am afraid to start up my game.  Cheesy

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 June 12, 08:30:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't (can't) affect custom neighbourhoods.

Doublecheck G002 before starting a new 'hood though, it is possible the patch put stuff back in. I haven't patched yet, so no idea what all changed.
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 June 12, 09:18:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They still didn't fix the bug introduced with Seasons where elders always transition with the same hair style (french braid for females, balding for males).  I wish there was a fix for that.
IAmTheRad
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 June 12, 09:43:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Make sure you have your g001 folder in before you patch, or this patch will make your game explode in a big firey ball visible from space. And they can't be modified. AFAIK, it doesn't touch anything in any other folders of the game except for the ones in seasons. Unless it touches the piano in the sims 2 base game... like every patch before it has.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 June 12, 10:19:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't add back any of the files I've removed, including the g001 folder before installing the patch, and it worked just fine for me (so far).
The only change I did was unchecking read-only on the folder.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 12 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: