More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 01:53:00

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  "Log" and Region issues.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "Log" and Region issues.  (Read 5528 times)
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
"Log" and Region issues.
« on: 2010 July 09, 21:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reinstalled the game! Here's the process:

-Attempted to patch. Launcher said I was up to date.
-Downloaded manual patches. Launcher said region for base game was "7" and region for the rest was "1".
-Patch did not work for base. Or WA. Did work for HELS.
-Uninstalled entire game.
-Reinstalled Base Game (RELOADED). Updated Reloaded to Retail (Absolutely cannot find an already-updated arrrr, so stuck with this.). Changed region for Base to 2.
-Installed WA. WA tells me that there's an error updating Base Game.
-Update Base Game
-Install WA no problem.
-Install HELS no problem.
-Install Ambitions no problem.

Now I have a fully patched base game, but not-fully-patched WA, HELS, and AMB. The launcher says my game regions are 2, 2, 1, 1. Awesome! I have no idea why that is.

When I try to open the Launcher for the base game, I am, again, told I am up to date. When I try to open the launcher from the WA folder, I get "an error during startup" and am told to see "the log" (conveniently, the location of "the log" is not noted and I cannot find a log anywhere.)

Same if I open from HELS or Ambitions.

I will just reinstall but my point here is:

I would like to know if anyone has any idea what the hell is wrong with the amazing launcher and/or my stupid game regions. I searched around and found a thread about the single launcher issue on the official forums which, amazingly, was full of a bunch of chickens with their heads cut off running around and reinstalling their video drivers. No help there. Some people who reinstalled got it fixed.

So basically, what is "the log" and where is it found, and what the heck is wrong with my game regions? Is it an issue if they are different than each other? Why are they doing that?

sora
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: "Log" and Region issues.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 July 09, 21:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shouldn't they be 2, 2, 1 and 1? I don't know your region, but I have base game region 2, World Adventures was 2 also, for HELS there was only patches for region 1 and 17 (it auto with 1 for me) and 'cause my Sims 3 is installed on my other computer I can't check, but I kinda guess Ambitions only comes with region 1 patch too, as when I tried those direct links posted in other topic and replaced the region number 1 with 2 it just gave me file not found error. So my guess is that they got lazy about doing different patches for different regions and just made one version for all or something.
Moryrie
Juvenile Jackass

INTJ... Apparently

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2010 July 09, 21:55:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try this?

"Of two evils, choose the prettier."
Claeric
Shouty Vole
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2010 July 09, 22:33:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm already reinstalling, but if it happens again, that will probably be a godsend. It looks amazing.

"There was an error opening the launcher" this time. Tried the patcher...it's amazing. It immediately found the patches, it's downloading ALL necessary patches, proper versions, proper order, auto-install...this thing is fantastic.
« Last Edit: 2010 July 09, 22:55:29 by Claeric » Logged
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 July 10, 17:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For your future reference:
The log can generally be found in your Temp folder, at least when I use the manual patches, I don't see why the launcher should be too different. Type %temp% into your run command, assuming you are in windows, try to patch, you will see a new folder pop up, look in it. There will be something that says it's like disk 1 and a setup file, wait for the patch to fail and in a few seconds, those files should change to a file called an rtpatch.log. Or just do a search in your temp folders for the logs that are already there. Or get the log viewer program thing from MTS.

Why don't you simply cut out all these issues and just manually change the region in your registry?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 July 10, 18:48:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have to change the region of my base game (store bought) from 1 to 2 in the Registry before installing World Adventures (Reloaded), but once it's installed, I can change it back. But even if I leave it, I can still only patch my base game with a region 1 patch. The Vitality versions of HELS and Ambitions are both region 1, so I get region 1 patches for everything except for WA. I can't patch from the launcher because of this, but with downloading the proper patches, I've never had any issues.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 July 11, 21:58:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always have to change the region of my base game (store bought) from 1 to 2 in the Registry before installing World Adventures (Reloaded), but once it's installed, I can change it back. But even if I leave it, I can still only patch my base game with a region 1 patch. The Vitality versions of HELS and Ambitions are both region 1, so I get region 1 patches for everything except for WA. I can't patch from the launcher because of this, but with downloading the proper patches, I've never had any issues.

That was the answer to fix the region patching issue when the torrent first hit the net, does it give you an error after trying or just immediately throw up the "wrong version" error? I just download the manual patches. Region 2 for Base and WA, region 1 for HELS and AMB. It wasn't enough of a pain to for me to attempt a region change.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
ShortyBoo
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 July 11, 22:37:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That was the answer to fix the region patching issue when the torrent first hit the net, does it give you an error after trying or just immediately throw up the "wrong version" error? I just download the manual patches. Region 2 for Base and WA, region 1 for HELS and AMB. It wasn't enough of a pain to for me to attempt a region change.

I don't have to change any regions to patch, just to install. I wasn't able to install WA at all without changing the base game's region to 2 in the registry, it would give me the wrong version error. I recently reinstalled my game after my old hard drive died and it was the same, I had to change my base game's region before it would let me install. After I did that, I changed it back and installed Ambitions and HELS like normal. The Launcher does give an error if I try to patch WA that way, because I guess it's trying to install all region 1 patches. But downloading the patches for the regions I need manually always works. I've never had any issues patching doing it the manual way.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: