More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 17:02:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Re the "ListHomeless" command - one sim in my household listed as homeless
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Re the "ListHomeless" command - one sim in my household listed as homeless  (Read 3722 times)
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re the "ListHomeless" command - one sim in my household listed as homeless
« on: 2009 July 09, 19:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My wife imported my sim into her game, plopping her in a different household. My wife's Sim is Karasu Mfume and her household was the Mfume household.  So she makes friends with my imported sim Fushi Greywalker, who's in her own Greywalker household right after import.  After a day or two, she asks Fushi Greywalker to move in with her and Fushi Greywalker accepts.

So they've been living in the same Mfume household for a couple real-world weeks now, and they are engaged but not married. So Fushi Greywalker is still her Sim name, but she's living in the Mfume household.

When I do ListHomeless in this case, the Greywalker household appears as a homeless sim with $50,000, which is the amount that my wife motherloded here when she first imported Fushi.

----

Now I did a mirror image thing in my game, where I imported my wife's sim.  Both sims have different last names just like in my wife's game: Fushi Greywalker and Karasu Mfume. The only difference is that Fushi Greywalker was the original household and she eventually asked Karasu Mfume to move in with her. As in my wife's game, they're only engaged at present and have been living together for several real-world weeks.

----

So any clues why her game thinks the imported and then moved-in sim is "homeless" but mine doesn't?  Is there a way to use cheat/debug commands to find and zoom in on a specific named sim so that I can try to figure out whether she somehow managed to make two copies of Fushi Greywalker in her game, and one of them is roaming around homeless somewhere?
Frick
Asinine Airhead

Eh, Steve!!

View Profile
Re: Re the "ListHomeless" command - one sim in my household listed as homeless
« Reply #1 on: 2009 July 09, 20:32:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The homeless sim is a clone of the one in your household. The game tends to pull sims out of the library and plop them into your town regardless of whether those sims already exist. Here are a couple of threads discussing the phenomenon:

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15300.0.html

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,15398.0.html
shannong
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 July 09, 20:38:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks, that explains the why. Her game must have done the deed before she got the AwesomeMod version that prevents sims with duplicate names from being created.

Question is, how do I find the clone and nuke it? I'm afraid to use console commands on her to do something like force a move-in or whatever because it might do something bad to the instance I want to keep.

Is there a way to target a specific instance of a sim and wipe them from the face of my town without affecting another sim of the same name that I want to keep?
chaos
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 July 09, 22:52:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Assuming that only a clone of your sim is homeless, I don't see why the destroyalltownies command wouldn't only delete the clone, since the non-clone is obviously not homeless.

IN T/F J/P. Yeah, I know.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: