More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 17:45:55

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Hair is now broken
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hair is now broken  (Read 3673 times)
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
Hair is now broken
« on: 2007 April 28, 10:21:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's actually been broken for a while, but I've been ignoring it because I assumed (yes, ass u me) that it was a Seasons problem but tonight I noticed that it's not just third party hair but EA ones too.

http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/temp/1.jpg
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/temp/2.jpg
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/temp/3.jpg
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/temp/4.jpg
http://www.genensims.com/guest/MadameMim/temp/5.jpg

The linked pictures are supposed to be of the EA bald head (on an Enayla skin, but it's doing the same thing on 'normal' skins too). So, does anybody know what the hell is going on and/or have any constructive advice for me?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Hair is now broken
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 28, 10:23:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I place the blame squarely on tight pants. Try removing all works of the non-Awesome.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 28, 11:34:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had a few of those. It's custom content overwriting Maxis. I had to do the "take out half and see if it's fixed" dance to find the responsible hairs.
And sometimes a male one created problems for female hair, so you can't take shortcuts.
Sometimes if the tatoos are specific you can guess who is the culprit. And sometimes it's several doing it on top of one another.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 28, 11:49:00 by Indiasong » Logged
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 28, 14:07:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for your quick replies. So, I'll start with hair and work my way out to try to find a conflict.

Well, this is a dance I've done before, so I think I remember the steps, but are you both sure that it is a hair conflict and not somehow a scalp conflict? The problem with the other hairs is that strange white or black bits peek out around the edges of the hair.

cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 28, 15:21:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a similar issue with clothing.  It would turn the mannequin skin black.  I had some files that were pulling the wrong textures for some reason.  They would pick up the texture of another skin/clothing file and try to use it.  For example:   I ended up doing just what another poster suggested.  Going through my files a handful at a time and narrowing it down to the bad files.  It took several days but it fixed the issue.  Point is, your problem looks like a similar issue only with hair.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 28, 19:20:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have hair that looks like that. It happened when I was trying to make a custom hair into a child hair - it didn't come with a mesh, so I tried to alpha edit the hair on the base maxis mesh so it would look something similar to the teen hair, and it ended up looking a lot like that so I gave up.

INFP or something
Indiasong
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 28, 23:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I'm sure. It's easier to see using the bald head, but it is there underneath all the others too. It's a texture that attach itself to the scalp. Sometimes it does it to a specific colour only, but if you have the four colours usually it does it to all.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 29, 00:58:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again Indiasong.   Smiley

Now all I have to do is find it.

edit: Well, that was easier than I had reason to expect. I started by checking out what hair could have crept in without me knowing - ie what hair was not in my hair bin. Deleted some that came down from MTS2 for a medieval Sim Neighbourhood and all the hair is normal again - so thanks again.
« Last Edit: 2007 April 29, 02:52:14 by Madame Mim » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: