More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 02:03:14

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Rabbithole / opportunity glitch
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Rabbithole / opportunity glitch  (Read 4618 times)
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
Rabbithole / opportunity glitch
« on: 2009 June 16, 14:19:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim, an International Super Spy living in Riverview, has an opportunity to "Stop Doomsday".  To do this he must turn up to the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. and disarm the doomsday weapon.  Unfortunately for him, those criminals are sneaky buggers, and the Outstanding Citizen Warehouse Corp. is now masquerading as a park.

The building on the lower left with the park icon, left of the building with the pool icon, is supposed to be the criminal headquarters - and was earlier.  My sim has raided it a couple of times since he hit the top of his career.  It is now, as can be seen, a park, although it still has its correct name.

Sequence of events (in case it is relevant): Opportunity came up.  I accepted it.  Had to go do real life stuff, so I saved the game & exited.  When I got back to the computer I updated AwesomeMod.  Went back in to the game.  In this particular neighbourhood I have only played this family, now on 2nd/3rd generation.

Can my neighbourhood be saved?  Or is it fubared and time to go back to the previous save?
« Last Edit: 2009 June 16, 14:31:52 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Bass Junkie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Rabbithole / opportunity glitch
« Reply #1 on: 2009 June 17, 05:07:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe your spy has finally dismantled the very organisation that digs its dirty hands into the pockets of Riverview citizens?
SendMeLies
Blathering Buffoon

See if I care.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 June 17, 07:07:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very same neighborhood.
Very same job.
Very same opportunity.
Very same Different bug.

Well, EA isn't even coherent.
(This is in game Friday. Got until monday to find a solution)

My own sequence of events:
First generation family.
Got the opportunity, accepted. In game went to a spa for a full pampering - up to 7:30pm when the opportunity would be available. Out of spa, someone (Beth Simovitch) was playing the guitar outside the building. Didn't pay attention to her and clicked the opportunity  to complete.

Usually the sim would just go in and do his thing. But he says something is on the way and goes watch Beth play the guitar. I scat her out  and try again.
Something is on the way.
By 9pm crooks start trying to enter the building and they also are blocked out!
Saved the game and quit. Will try the patch - the patch seems to be solving everything these days.
If the patch doesn't work, will try copying the warehouse from a clean Riverview to the transfer area and replace the broken one. Is it possible? I'll try.
If not, save the family in transfer area and wait for the new patch. Or something.

These bugs are really annoying.
(I said it's the same bug but it isn't as my Warehouse is still a warehouse with thieves coming to work. The icon didn't change. So it is another bug)

Quick update:
Tried the patch, updated AwesomeMod, no go.
Can't replace the warehouse without borking even more the neighborhood.
Saved a copy to investigate later. Transfer to military career.
You're on your own, Riverview.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 17, 07:49:12 by SendmeLies » Logged
infamy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 June 18, 22:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Exact same bug.  Noticed it when my Criminal Sim was unable to go to work.  Attemps to replace the Warehouse have been unsuccessful.

Editted to remove stupidity that appeared here briefly.
« Last Edit: 2009 June 18, 23:46:19 by infamy » Logged
Drakron
Anime Fapper
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 June 18, 23:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seen this reported on the BBS ... well TS3 official forums since they no longer use a BBS that predates even my own existence.

It seems the opportunity spawns some kind of marker that blocks the entry, the solution offered was going to edit town and delete the marker so the entry is no longer blocked.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: