More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:54:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Annoying FT-introduced FX
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Annoying FT-introduced FX  (Read 8640 times)
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
Annoying FT-introduced FX
« on: 2008 April 03, 11:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I suck but is there way -- either by cheat or by hack -- to disable the annoying audio-visual interference caused by Sims in the zone.

Cuisine sims glowing and with white miasma and making weird toony synth sound effects while drinking coffee (or nature phreeks doing the same while watering the tomatoes) is just too irritating and it also gets in the way of movie making.

me shit
Wayward Ink now with SMF shiny and no ads
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
cenoura
Exasperating Eyesore

Talk to the hand!

View Profile
Re: Annoying FT-introduced FX
« Reply #1 on: 2008 April 03, 11:31:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try jfade's anti zone effects.

ISTP
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 April 03, 13:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL I so phail at searching. Roll Eyes

me shit
I see the Dome is filled with Lamb Chop conspiracy theories. The only authentic Mirelly sock is "readordead", who will not be posting, for obvious reasons.
croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 April 03, 14:24:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or try Carrigon. She has one that takes the glow out of hobby objects as well. (The ballet barre was making me crazy.)

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
ariesbrat
Asinine Airhead

Stay Cool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 April 04, 04:09:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of Carrigon's fix for 'The Zone'. My Sims were going into 'The Zone' in their sleep whenever they dreamt about a hobby interest.  Tongue Why didn't the programmers just use a pop-up to let us know whenever our Sim was in 'The Zone'? Frankly, being in 'The Zone' looks like something out of the Twilight Zone.  Roll Eyes
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 April 04, 04:15:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you so much for pointing me in the direction of Carrigon's fix for 'The Zone'. My Sims were going into 'The Zone' in their sleep whenever they dreamt about a hobby interest.  Tongue Why didn't the programmers just use a pop-up to let us know whenever our Sim was in 'The Zone'? Frankly, being in 'The Zone' looks like something out of the Twilight Zone.  Roll Eyes

A popup every time they went into the zone would be far more annoying.  Water plant/go into zone/popup/stop watering, move to next plant, water plant/go into zone/popup/stop watering ... repeat until all plants are watered.

Thankfully, as it is, I can turn the zone sound off with jfades hack.  I chose his no-sound version, rather than his no-glow-and-no-sound version as I like the glow.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 April 04, 05:06:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the sound and glow useful, since anytime they think about their hobby, it delays hobby decay.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ariesbrat
Asinine Airhead

Stay Cool

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 April 04, 11:25:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're right, the pop-up would be more annoying.  Tongue And J.M. has a good point as well. Grin  But when 'The Zone' interferes with my enjoyment of the game, it has to go. I can handle alot of their annoying little habits, but 'The Zone', for me, was a bit more than I could handle. I may be missing out by not playing the mystical creatures or the aliens, but that is because I enjoy a semblance of realism in my game.  Everyone is different. I doubt everyone has the same exact annoyances with their game. Thank Gawd for the wonderful modders who let us pick and choose what we want and don't want. Without my hacks and mods I doubt I'd be going on eight years of Simming. Roll Eyes So, thank you, modders, for all your hard work.  Kiss
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 April 04, 12:19:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may be missing out by not playing the mystical creatures or the aliens, but that is because I enjoy a semblance of realism in my game.

I agree.  A few days ago, I had my first-ever alien birth in the game.  I knew the guy had been abducted, of course, but forgot that I'd taken out Carrigon's no-pregnant-man-from-UFO hack when I installed FT.  I've been playing TS2 since the initial release, and *never* had or wanted an alien baby before.  Rather than leaving the alien spawn in my game, I quit without saving, then went back and killed off the father-to-be a couple of hours before the birth was to take place.  (This being the only solution I could think of, since I'd saved the game already with him pregnant.)  Then, of course, I went and grabbed the FT version of Carrigon's hack, just to make sure that never happens again Smiley

Karen
Mirelly
Pinheaded Pissant

Pompous Twitter

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 April 04, 13:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I find the sound and glow useful, since anytime they think about their hobby, it delays hobby decay.

Good to know that fat obstreperous jerks don't have to worry about pissing people off with inappropriate sounds emanating form their PC at all hours of the day and night.

Once maxed out in a hobby it is pathetically easy to keep a sim "in the zone" ... so much so that audio-visual fx are not just redundant but frankly stupid.

Pescado's admission may be an indication of impending diminution of awesomeness.

(One thing about me, I no frickin' sycophant ... Roll Eyes )

me shit
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 April 04, 13:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to mention that if you send your sim to one of the hobby lots, someone there is ALWAYS popping in and out of the zone, and that damn noise is going off constantly. jfades noiseless version is going in my game very soon, too. Wink

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 April 04, 18:27:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Rather than leaving the alien spawn in my game, I quit without saving, then went back and killed off the father-to-be a couple of hours before the birth was to take place.  (This being the only solution I could think of, since I'd saved the game already with him pregnant.)

I keep InSim OBJ version in my game to abort unwanted pregnancy. Unlike DEST or SIM version, OBJ version is quite safe even it's not updated for new EP, as it doesn't interfere pie menus on Sims or ground.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 April 04, 19:01:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I keep InSim OBJ version in my game to abort unwanted pregnancy. Unlike DEST or SIM version, OBJ version is quite safe even it's not updated for new EP, as it doesn't interfere pie menus on Sims or ground.
Objects version came out clean for me on the hack diff.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 April 04, 19:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good to know that fat obstreperous jerks don't have to worry about pissing people off with inappropriate sounds emanating form their PC at all hours of the day and night.
Have you noticed that zoned Music & Dance sims change into formalwear when playing the piano? It's actually kind of nice to have them in their formal wear with their own personal spotlight.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 April 04, 20:10:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Objects version came out clean for me on the hack diff.

Rock and roll!  I'm glad I thought to do that.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 April 04, 20:16:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you noticed that zoned Music & Dance sims change into formalwear when playing the piano? It's actually kind of nice to have them in their formal wear with their own personal spotlight.

They do this for the violin as well. Not sure about about the other instruments though. I haven't tried it with those.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 April 04, 20:30:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had a sim on the baby grand last night who did that, I thought it was a cute touch. I must track down the hack that stops them putting out the tip jars though, not only does it extend the animation but it's bleeding annoying. I hope there's a hack.

I've been using jfade's no sound, I like the glow, so that works fine for me.

You can use the morning after pill in ACR if you're only using insim for the abortion option.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2008 April 04, 21:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's only good for the first 24 hours though. But that's plenty of time if you don't want them pregnant.

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2008 April 04, 22:06:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shift-click on Lot debugger and choose Remove Pregnancy Token. Pescado deborkinated the option awhile ago.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2008 April 04, 22:21:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooh, that's good to know.

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2008 April 04, 23:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

TJ's new Sim Blender also terminates pregnancies, and is developing into quite a nice alternative to Insim.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2008 April 05, 21:00:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why are you playing with the sound turned on at all if you're disturbing people? Get a pair of headphones?

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: