More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 09:02:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Two more bugs: cash generation in owned business and another
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Two more bugs: cash generation in owned business and another  (Read 3224 times)
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Two more bugs: cash generation in owned business and another
« on: 2006 March 22, 22:22:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you take a sim (A) to visit an owned business by another sim (B), you would expect sim A to pay what he consumed, right? Yes to stores and venues, and no to salon. And you would expect sim B to make money he worked hard for, right? Yes to salon, and no to stores.

I played a game without any downloads to test out cash generation when you visit an owned business.
Senario 1 - salon: A visited a salon owned by B. B was there being a stylist. People came and went, having makeovers. Money was generated over B's head every time a makeover was given. When I direct A to have a makeover, B got the money, but A's money is still the same. I took A home, went to B's home and saw B's funds increased by the amount of money he made.

Senario 2 - store: A visited an electronics store owned by B. B doesn't have employees, so no wages. While A was watching the cloud, people came and went, buying stuff. When they pay at the register, no money was generated over B's head. And B restocked autonomously. For every restocked item, negative money was generated over B's head. After 3 to 4 transactions, i took A home and went to B's home. B's funds was significantly reduced, by a few thousands. (The money doesn't add up, but I could missed some restocked items.) So if you visit an owned store, your owner sim will loose money! This has to be fixed!

Another bug, I think I saw it mentioned somewhere else, but I would like to confirm if it was. When you have a home businessness, having a party or just having people over becomes a problem, because when you close the business, you can't interact with other non-resident sims on the lot. They became unclickable, "no actions available" or something like that. This is just bad!
« Last Edit: 2006 March 22, 22:27:50 by Lion » Logged

Sims 3 Blog: Twinbrook Redux
Pegasys
Horrible Halfwit

I'm just going to Gussy Up

View Profile WWW
Re: Two more bugs: cash generation in owned business and another
« Reply #1 on: 2006 March 22, 22:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't played salons yet, so I can't comment on Scenario 1.

Scenario 2 - this sounds like a noxious bug. According to the Prima Guide, when you visit a lot owned by another Sim B, Sim B should profit from the sale - but as you have shown, apparently only from sales made by controllable Sims.

From the Prima Guide: "Thus if the TV cost $700 wholesale and the controllable Sim bought it for $1,000, the ownder will find an increase of $300 when his or her home lot is next loaded."

That's very well and good, but it sounds like ALL restocking was costing Sim B but only Sim B only benefiits from sales made by controllable Sims.

Scenario 3: I haven't had that problem, I've had visitors over to home-based businesses after the business was closed. The only problem is that visitors can and will complain about the business with dirty dishes out, etc. and your Sim can lose customer loyalty points even when the business is closed!

Check out my Sims 2 movies!

OFB version of Sims2DB now available. The database for OCD simmers like me.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 March 22, 23:04:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the complain problem too. Which is another annoyance. But my sim couldn't interact with guests if the store is closed. I will double check.

toriamos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 March 22, 23:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a clothing store, when I take a sim to the store the sim (owner, no employees just her) will not ring up the customers so the visitng sims throw down the bags and leave.  the owner picks up the bag and gets reinburst. I took the sim I was controlling to the cash register of course the owner doesn't ring her up and she throws down the bag.  A message appear about someone bought new clothes.  What  happens then, the owner  picks up bag gets her money back and the customer get her money back and she now has the clothes in her desser.  I guess this is what you call a paid shopper lol.
Lion
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 March 22, 23:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL cheaper way to shop.

Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2006 March 23, 01:03:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I hadn't noticed that no cash was being paid when Sims visited - this is bad news as I've done this quite a few times.  I am very fed-up with the home business problem, though.  My Sims with home businesses can't have guests if the business is closed - they can greet them, then they leave.  If they bring anyone home from work, they do nothing but complain, and the children just leave.  I was also wondering what would happen if anyone had a party, now I know.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 March 23, 02:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I got sick of the customers complaining at my whorehouse (of course the bed isn't made, You just got out of it!) so I got the "Customers Stop Complaining" hack by Squinge (available at both mts2 and InSim) it works great!  Grin
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 March 23, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have customers actually buy anything in my controllable shops, except me, when I'm playing as a visitor instead of as the owner.

What's more annoying is the way people just LOITER there, staring vacantly before deciding not to buy, blocking me from BUYING THE PRODUCTS. Naturally, I went there to buy out the entire store.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: