More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 13:05:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Nanny will not stay at work problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nanny will not stay at work problem  (Read 7252 times)
valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Nanny will not stay at work problem
« on: 2008 September 12, 03:29:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello:

I am playing all expansion packs with only the "no friends for career" hack.  I have a single Mom family and she has a job in the gaming career.  I hire a Nanny with the track schedule option.  The Nanny agrees to show up at the proper hour and does not.  When it was time for Mom to go to work and the Nanny didn't show, I tried the hire "just for now optiion."  When the Nanny arrived, Mom got into the car and went to work.  As soon as she left, the Nanny van arrived, picked up the Nanny and left.  Finally, Sociial Services arrives and takes the child.  The Butler was present the entire time.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Thank you.

Valentinia
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Nanny will not stay at work problem
« Reply #1 on: 2008 September 12, 08:19:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had it, since I installed BV (still without the patch). When I remained with the toddler and the nanny, not one - two carpools came to take her. As I have the Merola's Mind Control Mirror, and can control other uncontrollable sims, including NPCs - I cancelled the action, and deleted the carpools (moveobjects on).

But once I left the game while the parents were at work, and when I enterred the lot - the nanny was gone. I had to summon the mother from work with the Inge's teleporter, and 5 minutes before they were supposed to get back from work, I deleted her (moveobjects on) , just not to allow the Social Worker to take the toddler.

The BV patch fixed it partially. No carpool comes, but I have to delete all the time the car controller sign from the nanny's queue. Each 5 minutes she stops to work, as if her job is done.

The Mind control mirror doesn't appear anymore on Merola's site. If you want it - e-mail me (see my profile), and I'll e-mail it to you.

Meanwhile, ask to adopt a toddler, and you will get back your toddler.

Edit: Don't forget to download the last EP patch, may be it will fix partially the problem.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 September 12, 08:36:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your game actually runs like this, does it Gali?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 September 12, 08:44:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grin  Yes, which other choice I have - I want to play BV.

I have the base game, Uni, NL - and BV. No other EPs, and in NL I didn't have this problem at all.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 September 12, 09:24:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, you don't even have the expansions you are advising on and you're using outdated hacks and dangerous procedures. Not to mention that your game sounds borked as hell.

Please stop giving game advice. You've been out of the loop for a while. Let someone more experienced, who might also have had the same problem, come along and give advice.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 September 12, 09:57:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to get a weird time frame with nanny's when I booked them through a mobile phone. Now I always use the land line and they behave much more sensibly - well, as sensibly as an EAxis nanny can. Did you book your nanny through the mobile?

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 September 12, 11:13:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, where from you took the info that I play with not updated hacks?  I use all Pescado's hacks for BV. I didn't advice her what to do, I told what happened to me, and what I did.

This, that I didn't visit MATY, doesn't mean that I didn't visit other forums, and read all about the glitches and bugs. I never was out of the loop - I am member of MTS2, and I read with great interest the professional tech advisors replies. I didn't buy the further EPs, especially because of reading the problems of the EPs.

Is that the reason you missed me here? To pester me? Thank you very much!  Huh
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 September 12, 11:34:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, where from you took the info that I play with not updated hacks? 
You told me.

As I have the Merola's Mind Control Mirror, and can control other uncontrollable sims, including NPCs - I cancelled the action, and deleted the carpools (moveobjects on).
Outdated hack, Merola's Mind Mirror. Deleting carpools, not a good idea. I suspect you have many problems because you randomly delete stuff.

The Mind control mirror doesn't appear anymore on Merola's site. If you want it - e-mail me (see my profile), and I'll e-mail it to you.
Giving bad advice / offering bad help.

Your situation is completely different, different setup, different hacks. This poster has all EPs including Apartment Life. MATY has a good reputation for help, as Kyna points out in the senate thread, so it would be good to keep that reputation.

For your information, Kyna also points out that using that old mind mirror interrupts the programming of NPCs, which is a bad thing.

valentinia
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 September 12, 11:57:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you everyone for your advice and assistance.  I did the sensible thing when I could not deal with it anymore.  I turned the kid into a teenager.

I do have one more question.  I did a reinstall last week.  Am I correct in assuming that AL would have installed the latest patches?  I did not go back and install any FT or BV patches because I assumed that AL would have had those patches.

Thanks again.

V
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 September 12, 12:06:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. EPs do not install previous patches. What would happen if the player did not have those EPs?

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 September 12, 12:09:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merola's multimirror is *clean* in the SimPack Installer, as is the Pescado's Collegeclock (last update 2006).

I have too the "hack conflict" checker from Paladine - and both of them are clean. I don't use any marked "red" hack in the Sims2 installer, and check each download with the hack conflict, deleting each hack which is marked as being in conflict with the game.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 September 12, 12:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Merola's multimirror is *clean* in the SimPack Installer, as is the Pescado's Collegeclock (last update 2006).
"Clean" just means it doesn't conflict with another hack. It doesn't tell you whether the hack is good or not, or whether it will bork the game or not.

If you have a hack from 2006, then you are not playing with a full deck. But I knew that anyway. I'll say this again so you might understand. YOU HAVE COMPLETELY DIFFERENT HACKS TO THOSE OF THE OP.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 September 12, 12:35:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhh, now I understand - only if the senate approves the replying member, he has the authority to answer. For instance - Kyna.

I apologize, not knowing this. Beg your pardon for the interrupting. I won't answer anymore, even if I know the answer.

When MATY was "young", we all were "beta-testers" (Simdough was scared to death to test). The procedure is different now. Sorry.

...Am I allowed to breath? Smiley
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2008 September 12, 12:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oooohhh, now I understand - only if the senate approves the replying member, he has the authority to answer. For instance - Kyna.
Don't start with the passive-aggressive bullshit again Gali.

I apologize, not knowing this. Beg your pardon for the interrupting. I won't answer anymore, even if I know the answer.
Yes you will, you can't help yourself, even when you don't know the answer. I wish you wouldn't answer though.

When MATY was "young", we all were "beta-testers" (Simdough was scared to death to test). The procedure is different now. Sorry.
Told you, knock it off.

...Am I allowed to breath? Smiley
Preferably not.

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2008 September 12, 14:26:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, the information came from Inge.  I'm sure I've seen her say it more than once.  I just did a quick search and found the following information from Inge.  I've bolded the relevant part.

Source: http://simlogical.com/slforum/index.php?topic=1727.msg12267#msg12267

Yes, with the cat I deliberately avoided giving special persontypes the full range of resident powers, as this appears to break any special role they might be carrying out.  If the player wants to simply switch non-controllable sims to act as if they are full controllable family members, then there are 101 ways to do that already including using shift-click "make selectable".  What the playing community have been missing until the cat's selectable feature was a way to give shop workers etc. direct instructions without having them leave their existing special roles.  I am pleased it's still working

The implication is that previous methods of "make selectable", including debug mode and Merola's mirror, do make NPCs leave their existing special roles.

This is why you get another nanny when you select a nanny using Merola's mirror.  When you make her unselectable again she acts like a visitor (and leaves if nobody in the house is awake) instead of a nanny.

This thread is one of the threads I was referring to when I made those comments in that Senate thread.  You give out advice that you believe is good, but it turns out not to be.  The people you responded to could have followed your not-so-helpful advice thinking that you know what you're talking about, since you're obviously not a newcomer here at MATY and MATY does have a reputation for quality game advice (among other things).

@Valentinia: this won't fix your nanny problem, but it will help with your social worker problem.  Download Pescado's SSHack from the hack directory.  It prevents the Social Worker from coming if the butler is on the lot.
« Last Edit: 2008 September 12, 14:48:34 by Kyna » Logged

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2008 September 12, 15:19:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Valentinia: this won't fix your nanny problem, but it will help with your social worker problem.  Download Pescado's SSHack from the hack directory.  It prevents the Social Worker from coming if the butler is on the lot.
Which is what was actually supposed to be the case. Lovely EAxis bork.

Gali, it's best just to keep your mouth shut when people are talking about problems with EPs you don't have. You don't have experience with the butler bug, which, at heart, was the OP's problem. The alarming risk that your advice would have put the OP's game at if she had followed it has been covered.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2008 September 12, 17:37:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Understood, Zazazu - Apologize and promise to keep silence. At least many members try to find the right solution.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: