More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 22, 07:59:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Skintone-Clothing Problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Skintone-Clothing Problem  (Read 2507 times)
ukeechick
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Skintone-Clothing Problem
« on: 2008 May 22, 23:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am having this problem with my skintones and don't know what's wrong! 

When buying clothes, when planning outfits or in CAS, all of my outfits, Maxis or CC, appear with green mapping skin or black skin in the thumbnails and on the Sim.  But only full outfits, swimwear, formal, etc.  If I choose Tops or Bottoms, the thumbnails are normal.  And it only happens to Adult and Young Adult Females. 

To make it weirder, when I am planning an outfit in game, if I plan for a top and bottom and then plan again for a full outfit, the thumbnails are still green mapping but the Sim has normal skintone on the rotating display. 

In game, the Sims play with normal skintone, but if I try and change their appearance in a mirror, and haven't done the double planning I mentioned above, the Sim thumbnail will have the green mapping skin.

In addition, when one of my female Sims gains or loses weight, their skintone will turn green mapping.  As soon as they change clothes or shower, the skintone reverts to normal. 

I also mention that this only happens to their bodies; heads and faces always remain normal. 

I do have a lot of custom skintones and I took them all out as a test but it was still happening.  I don't keep my skins in a subfolder, I know some Warlokk skins have to be in the download folder, so I just keep them all there. 

I read Numenor's post on MTS2 about the extra skins package, but alas, I don't have that issue.

I hope my explanation is clear.  Any ideas or suggestions as to why this is happening or how to solve it are greatly appreciated.

Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
Re: Skintone-Clothing Problem
« Reply #1 on: 2008 May 23, 16:14:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Someone more knowledgeable than I could make this statement purposeless, but I would think you have a corrupted file in your base game packages.

Do you still have your base game CD?
ukeechick
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 May 23, 21:06:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I still have all of my CDs.  Do you think I should uninstall/reinstall from base game up to Freetime?  Yikes!
Kazzandra
Pinheaded Pissant

spukhafte Fernwirkung

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 May 26, 04:58:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I was thinking you should copy all of the contents of the zip files on your Base Game CD to your Base Game program folder, overwriting them, or *just* uninstall/reinstall your base game after making your backup. Either method should fix your problem.

Hope you can report back and tell us if it does.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: