More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 11:58:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Names for self-sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Names for self-sims  (Read 19898 times)
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
Re: Names for self-sims
« Reply #50 on: 2005 December 15, 21:04:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you guys make your self-sims, do you sit there with a reference picture of yourself to try to match? I kinda suck at making sims look like anybody in particular.

When I made mine, I knew it looked nothing like me except the hair and the forehead.  But it was as much work as I was willing to put into it.  Brynne made my new, improved Self-Sim, complete with a rounder (Shut up, JM  Wink) head, and for the most part, it looks more like me.  Seriously though, how much can a Sim actually resemble a real person?  Not that much, IMHO.
jennydeenyc
Exasperating Eyesore

what're YOU lookin' at?

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 December 15, 21:08:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I made mine, I knew it looked nothing like me except the hair and the forehead.

Ha, that made me think of that Friends episode where Joey finds his "identical hand twin"! Just imagine walking down the street, seeing someone & saying, "that chick has my forehead!"  Grin
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 December 15, 21:17:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did sims of my family members from pictures of them.  They don't really look as much like them as I wanted them to.  There's only so much messing around I am willing to do though.  Smiley

BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: 2005 December 15, 22:35:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also remember that my family had two Afghan hounds named Leroy and Miji.  I guess someone could use Leroy and Miji Bennington as well.   Cheesy

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 December 16, 00:17:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't have a self-sim and never had a female pet, but if I can use my middle name then mine would have to be Lynne Range, I guess. Kinda boring actually, sigh. When you guys make your self-sims, do you sit there with a reference picture of yourself to try to match? I kinda suck at making sims look like anybody in particular.

I used reference pictures, yeah. I had two front views, two profiles, and two 3/4 views. It looked a lot like me in bodyshop, but I haven't tried it out in-game yet.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 December 16, 04:50:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also don't have a middle name. Yes, I'm that poor

Must be a german thing I don't have a middle name either, I used my nick here and my maiden name.

Katze Hug

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: