More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 16:37:11

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Falling Out of Love
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Falling Out of Love  (Read 4245 times)
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Falling Out of Love
« on: 2005 August 28, 14:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, here's the scenario.  Two going steady teens go to Uni together in the same dorm.  Whilst there, male half (Family) somehow autonomously falls in love with dormie (also Family).  Both spring-up "Have a Baby" want and seem destined to be together.  After a while, original girlfriend (Fortune) spots dormie grab hold of boyfriend's hands, runs over and slaps him into next week.  Boyfriend is totally unconcerned and wanders off to push someone on a swing.  Girlfriend cries her eyes out for hours.  To help her out, I got a spare YA in another dorm who she knew quite well to pop over and romanticate her and they are now in love.  What is annoying about this is that she now has a "Had 2 Loves at Once" memory because she is still in love with the original boyfriend in terms of her lifetime feelings.  How come they can't fall out of love as well as in?  Surely after the passage of time, feelings would fade and they'd be able to fall in love again without always looking as if they're Romance Sims in training?  It may well happen eventually, but it takes forever if it does.  I don't want to have to force constant rows to get it to happen, I'd rather there was an option to "fall out of love with So & So".

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Falling Out of Love
« Reply #1 on: 2005 August 28, 16:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just use the SimPe, and uncheck the rectangle/s "crush" and "love", and minimize their relationship to "friends only". It works all the time.

Dustin Broke had a crush on Angela, but I didn't want to mate them, so I unchecked the "crush", and put them on relationship of 70/70 (friends and buddies).

From that minute on, his wants about her stopped, and now he is hooked with Nicole, the townie, and wants to flirt with her, even with the same 70/70. I checked Nicole, and she happened  to be Gemini, to which Aries (Dustin) are attracted. Perhaps I'll send them together to the college.

By the way, I sent once Dustin and Angela together to the college, and then suddenly he fell in love with the cheerleader, and even moved to live with her, not giving a single thought for Angela.

You never know what happens in the college...Smiley.
Trubble
Ferret Impersonator
Terrible Twerp

:P

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 August 28, 17:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have the male sim have another romantic interaction with the other family sim in front of the fortune sim - that should clinch it and completely destroy that loving feeling. In my experience anyway. Two romantic interactions usually clinch it.

A proud thread pirate.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2005 August 28, 18:23:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know I can do those things (I've already unticked them in SimPE), but I'd rather it happened naturally.  Teens and kids at college fall in and out of love all the time, but in this game they never do.  I'd take the memory out too, only I don't know how many people they've passed it on to, so I will have to leave it.  I think I expect too much of this game sometimes!

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 August 29, 02:56:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What is also annoying is that fear of falling out of love with an old flame.  I manually put a couple of relationships to 100/100 in sim pe every once in a while because I don't want them seeing each other. " Just let it go" is what I say.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 August 29, 15:36:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try moving one couple out, then have the one you don't want to be in love any more call the object of her affections on the phone.  that usually works, they end up better friends, but fall out of love.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: