More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 07:27:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Delete townies without using the cheat
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Delete townies without using the cheat  (Read 11550 times)
simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Delete townies without using the cheat
« on: 2010 April 17, 14:37:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok i have been trying to get this right and i have three different out comes. triplicates of my sims, invisible lots, and my isms can't go to work. I have a custom hood that had grown significantly and i want to get rid of the unnecessary nver spoken to townies that are taking up file space. I tried to do the clean template thing twice and now i have triplicates of my playables as townies. thank goodness for back ups. all i want to do is take all my playables and move them to a new hood with no other sims except them and one of each Npc.no social bunnies if possible. I have read the threat three time and I can't figure out what i am missing.

I deleted the folders completely and replaced them with new ones. do you think a hack might be the issue? I haven't tried reloading my dl folder
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Delete townies without using the cheat
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 17, 14:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clearly, you are somehow doing it wrong.

Describe exactly what you are doing when adding the clean templates and creating a new 'hood.
simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 17, 14:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did as the instructions say to delete the file folder in tsdada folder for the characters right. oh wait i put the characters back in the neighbor hood folder of documents wait but that shouldn't make a difference. but the townies are in their too aren't they someitmes it helps to type it out.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 17, 15:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

M'kay, might want to watch your spelling, it's kinda hard to figure out what you're saying in some cases.  Can you be more specific about which instructions you're following from which thread?  Saying "I read the threat[sic]" isn't clear, since you seem to be doing the wrong thing to begin with.

You probably need to do more research on what you're attempting. Generaly speaking, dropping characters into your neighborhood folder is a very bad thing. It.will.fuck.up.your.game.  If the thread didn't instruct you to do this, and you're acting of your own intuition, then stop.  You're getting in over your head.

I use the anti redundancy hack, no townie regen, etc. to keep my population from growing.  I then follow up with Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo! to cull off the extras.  I didn't start from a clean template, so it might not be what you want.  What expansions do you have?

simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 17, 15:25:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,5861.0.html

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,4306.0.html

those are the two threads that i referenced printed them out and tried to follow. i have the MATY FILES NOT THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO.
simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 17, 15:47:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I AM GOING TO TRY THE ELECTRIC BOOGALOO METHOD IT SEEMS LIKE IT WILL TAKE FOREVER  but 2000 sims is getting to be unruley and takes up a lot of space
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 17, 15:54:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is English your first language?

Are you dropping character files directly into your characters folder? If so, as Dragon Slave said, that is a VERY BAD THING. Your neighbourhood is broken.

When installing clean templates, you do not touch the neighbourhoods in Documents at all. Follow the instructions, which should be simple, just delete/move existing folders and replace with the downloaded cleaned templates (and NOTHING ELSE).

Then, you start up your game and create a new neighbourhood. Your existing neighbourhood, which you've apparently fucked up completely, is lost. If there are families you want to keep, you can clone them with SimPE and recreate the families in the new neighbourhood.

Make sure you've got notownieregen, antiredundancy, etc, to keep the 'hood clean.

Also, don't double post, and keep your Caps Lock off.
simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 18, 13:48:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i delete my ea games folder in my documents directory (not the program files directory) and restart the game will that fix the problem of the broken neighborhood?.

and iif i delete the neighborhood file itself from the my documents directory and replace with my backed up neighborhood folder will that be ok?

to start from scratch on the delete townie thing and i am assuming that i need to use the electric boogaloo to keep all my playable sims and delete all the townies. am I correct on what i need to do?. do i need to follow the instruction to delete the townies still or just use the electric boogaloo?

English is my first language but i have a one year old that occupies my time and i have to type quickly before he gets into something i have to nab him and if i have to stop in the middle i loose my train of thought.  so i sound confusing. so i try to sum things up quickly but obviously everyone doesn't always get my gist. i try to be clear in the least amount of words but not always successful in time constraints.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 18, 14:00:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If i delete my ea games folder in my documents directory (not the program files directory) and restart the game will that fix the problem of the broken neighborhood?.

Well, it will get RID of the broken neighbourhood, as well as everything else. If your goal is to get rid of the broken neighbourhood, then just... delete the broken neighbourhood's folder.

and iif i delete the neighborhood file itself from the my documents directory and replace with my backed up neighborhood folder will that be ok?

You can't just delete or backup the file, you need the whole folder. As in, if your neighbourhood is in the N004 folder, you need to delete the WHOLE N004 folder, and replace it with a backup of the WHOLE N004 folder. If you don't have a complete backup of the whole folder, from BEFORE you started messing with it, then no luck: your 'hood is gone.

to start from scratch on the delete townie thing and i am assuming that i need to use the electric boogaloo to keep all my playable sims and delete all the townies. am I correct on what i need to do?. do i need to follow the instruction to delete the townies still or just use the electric boogaloo?

If you DO have a backup that's functional, and you want to delete townies from it, then yes, you have to use "the electric boogaloo" as you call it. Clean templates are only useful for NEW neighbourhoods.

English is my first language but i have a one year old that occupies my time and i have to type quickly before he gets into something i have to nab him and if i have to stop in the middle i loose my train of thought.  so i sound confusing. so i try to sum things up quickly but obviously everyone doesn't always get my gist. i try to be clear in the least amount of words but not always successful in time constraints.

Horrible excuse. If you have enough time to play The Sims, then you have enough time to type coherently, one year old or not. I'm sure he sleeps sometimes. I'm not even trying to be a "grammar nazi" here, I'm having serious trouble understanding what you're trying to say. Your sentences are seriously lacking in punctuation, for one, which makes them hard to follow.

I have my doubts that you should even be trying to do this, if you have as much trouble following instructions as you seem to.

simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 18, 17:12:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well thank you for your help my son is caught under the bed and it seems you guys frown upon double posts.  but i do have a back up of the entire folder.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 18, 17:21:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use Deleted 2: Electric Boogaloo! all the time.  It's not as time consuming if you use it in conjunction with Theo's delete sim tool.  All you need to do is use the batbox to prep a sim for delete as described in the thread.  Open up simpe when you're done playing, and go to your neighborhood browser.  Find the sims you prepped, and use the delete sim plug-in.  Instructions are given in the thread, so you can find more info there.  Just wanted to point this out because the plug-in isn't brought up until the back of the thread and the main instructions take you on the long route.
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 24, 18:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well thank you for your help my son is caught under the bed and it seems you guys frown upon double posts.
lol, what?

He's one! What the hell? You better get him out of there.

This thread feels like Yahoo! Answers.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 24, 20:47:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This thread feels like Yahoo! Answers.

Ha. Maybe she should try there, they speak the same language.
simsKITblue
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2010 April 30, 12:28:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before my son got caught under the bed i was going to say thank you so much for your help. I was trying to figure things out on my own and got twisted around some how. Sometimes you read something over and over again with other similar articles in between and your brain starts to play tricks on you. I was confusing the two threads from this website about the empty hoods which i downloaded two years ago and the new additional article or the update to the article about apt life. that I became caught up in what i was trying to do and failed to realize that it was instructions to create a new hood and not to fix and existing hood.  You make fun of me because i am not as awesome as you but that is why i came to you for help.

remember everyone isn't a computer programmer.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2010 April 30, 12:53:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

before my son got caught under the bed i was going to say thank you so much for your help. I was trying to figure things out on my own and got twisted around some how. Sometimes you read something over and over again with other similar articles in between and your brain starts to play tricks on you. I was confusing the two threads from this website about the empty hoods which i downloaded two years ago and the new additional article or the update to the article about apt life. that I became caught up in what i was trying to do and failed to realize that it was instructions to create a new hood and not to fix and existing hood.  You make fun of me because i am not as awesome as you but that is why i came to you for help.

remember everyone isn't a computer programmer.

Although the vast majority of posters on this site can, at least, construct a sentence.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Dragon Slave
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2010 April 30, 14:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You make fun of me because i am not as awesome as you but that is why i came to you for help.

I don't think anyone really cares how much you know about computer programming or sims modding;  it's actually your posting style that puts a target on your back.  The shift key isn't hard to use, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know where its use is appropriate.  On MATY, something as simple as capitalization can make a world of difference regarding whether or not you're taken seriously.
Tarlia
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2010 April 30, 15:47:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You make fun of me because i am not as awesome as you but that is why i came to you for help.

I don't think anyone really cares how much you know about computer programming or sims modding;  it's actually your posting style that puts a target on your back.  The shift key isn't hard to use, and I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you know where its use is appropriate.  On MATY, something as simple as capitalization can make a world of difference regarding whether or not you're taken seriously.

And punctuation. Punctuation is nice.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2010 April 30, 21:49:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Although the vast majority of posters on this site can, at least, construct a sentence.

I should probably qualify my statement about sentence construction; it could be argued that having periodic full stops in the text technically makes the wordstrings appear as sentences. 'Coherent' is the qualifier here.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: