More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 15:33:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  What the?!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: What the?!  (Read 8685 times)
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
What the?!
« on: 2005 November 16, 20:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A BFBVFS in the making? This is a brand new (relatively) neigbourhood - with your standard complement of Pleasantview townies and NPCs, Academie Le Tour and the default Downtown. I'm hoping it's not, and that it's just 'cause my computer is crappy.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: What the?!
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 16, 20:46:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! What the heck have you done..... Shocked

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 16, 20:51:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I would Probably delete the neighborhood and start over

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 16, 20:53:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG! What the heck have you done..... Shocked

I don't know! It just does it by itself... Deleting the groups.cache and removing all hacks/mods worked for about two minutes before it went crazy again... It seems to be using half of my system (at least) to decide where the little cars will go.

"We could remove the bugs, but we're not going to. Let's leave them in and call them features."
Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 16, 20:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you by any chance unlock the Maxis street & crosswalk tiles, and use any of them to cover a lot? Just a wild guess...

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 16, 20:59:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That doesn't look healthy  Shocked

Have you checked you're other nieghbourhoods to see if the same thing happens?

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 16, 21:06:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you by any chance unlock the Maxis street & crosswalk tiles, and use any of them to cover a lot?

No. At least, I don't think so.

Have you checked you're other nieghbourhoods to see if the same thing happens?

I have, and it does. In all four - Old Town, Enderby and t'other one. Sometimes, it will happen. Other times, everything seems fine. If I go into a house and back into the neighbourhood, it may go back to normal, depending on how it's feeling.

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 16, 21:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Edit:  You answered my question when I stepped away.

Since it's all four that are affected and it's dragging your system when it happens it makes me think that your video card may be heading for the community memorial park.  Try updating your drivers from the manufacturer web site first.  (I know I have rolled back my drivers and not realized it when I did a system restore.)  If that doesn't help you may want to look into a new card.  They really are reasonable as long as you aren't looking for the dramatic bomb of a card.  I have a Radeon 9250 with 256 MB that I bought for $100 a little over a year ago.  I could definitely do better but it runs my game fine.  www.newegg.com is a great site for reasonable cards and they are really simple to install.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 16, 21:14:48 by Myth » Logged

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 16, 21:13:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it that neighborhood only or are all your neighborhoods now showing the same way?

It's not permanent - all of them do it from time to time, such as this event in Enderby:

- but it's still irritating.

Quite interesingly, it only started to happen since the NL patch...

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 16, 21:14:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try and create a new neighbourhood, and see how it turns out Smiley Is that the concrete terrain?

Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 16, 21:16:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that the concrete terrain?

Nope, it's grass. All my neighbourhoods are in the theme of "Little English Village" rather than concreted metropoli.

Myth
Pinheaded Pissant

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 16, 21:18:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at work and can't respond as fast I would like.  But I modified my post.  Up a few hidden behind your latest picture.   Wink

(Just in case you didn't re-read it.)

Rohina: Motion to Expel Myth from the Senate. Just testing an hypothesis. Nothing to do with the fact that she smells like ass.
Flowerchile: Have you be'd norty again Mythie?
Mythchick: No, I just followed Rohina around a little and now smell like ass.
TheCheat
Corpulent Cretin

Yeah man. I'll gnaw your face off.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 16, 21:24:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check to make sure you don't have Post Processing enabled (boolprop enablePostProcessing true) and especially make sure that you do not have this cheat inserted in your userStartup.cheat config file. Starting up The Sims 2 and loading a neighborhood with Post Processing enabled originally corrupts your graphics and the game must be restarted with the cheat off in order to correct the problem.

Entering a neighborhood and then enabling Post Processing, however, does not produce any ill effects (that I've come across, anyways.)
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 16, 21:33:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm at work and can't respond as fast I would like.  But I modified my post.  Up a few hidden behind your latest picture.

Re-read. My graphics card is something like a GeForce 2 MX 200, which ran Uni quite well... I swear They are secretly bumping up system specs..

Check to make sure you don't have Post Processing enabled (boolprop enablePostProcessing true) and especially make sure that you do not have this cheat inserted in your userStartup.cheat config file.

I don't have a UserStartup.cheat file. I think. Unless there's one hidden somewhere. And I never, ever use PostProcessing. The only thing that the guides say it's good for is movies, and I don't make any.

The plan of "try a blank neighbourhood" seemed to work.

I didn't test it for very long because I'm tired right now and/or I just couldn't be bothered.

Hairfish
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 17, 01:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Re-read. My graphics card is something like a GeForce 2 MX 200, which ran Uni quite well... I swear They are secretly bumping up system specs..

It's not secret. They have increased the system specs for Nightlife. It's a more demanding expansion, period. Somewhere around here, there's a post where MaxoidTom says that.

The box says you need a "GeForce2 GTS or greater." I have no idea whether an MX 200 is above or below that.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 17, 05:47:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. The shot with the Watch Clouds box is pretty much what Superstar looked like on my old PC. That's why I stopped playing The Sims Sad.

Methinks you need a more powerful graphics card and/or an updated driver for it Sad.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 17, 07:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Methinks you need a more powerful graphics card and/or an updated driver for it.

Drivers are up to date. Will irritate the elders for new graphics card in time for Christmas. Bet they'll say no.

rma
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 17, 08:05:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, wow. Nihale. It really does look like you graphics card is done for. I know this is probably moot, but have you tried changing the graphical setting to the lowest they will go.

I'd also try dxdiag if I were you. Run the test just to see if Direct X is working.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 17, 11:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, wow. Nihale. It really does look like you graphics card is done for. I know this is probably moot, but have you tried changing the graphical setting to the lowest they will go.

I'd also try dxdiag if I were you. Run the test just to see if Direct X is working.
it might also help tochange the screen resolution to 800x600

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Nihale
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 17, 17:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It really does look like you graphics card is done for. I know this is probably moot, but have you tried changing the graphical setting to the lowest they will go.

I've tried it, and it works. But it just looks totally crap. (Edit: And I can live with it. Everything was on medium to begin with anyways.)

It says everything is fine. Emphasis on "says."

It might also help to change the screen resolution to 800x600

I can see what you mean, but this monitor isn't really suited for 800x600. (Edit: Really, it isn't. I tried it and it looked terrible.)
« Last Edit: 2005 November 17, 19:07:59 by Nihale » Logged

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: