More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 03:12:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ramen Fix?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ramen Fix?  (Read 6075 times)
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
Ramen Fix?
« on: 2008 August 19, 21:40:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Cup O' Ramen from University has been taken over by the Ramen from the Far East food stand.
Whenever any of my Sims attempt to warm a Cup O' Ramen in the microwave, they receive the Far East Ramen. Unfortunately, they don't even get to eat the Far East Ramen with chopsticks… (If you have never consumed a cornbread muffin with the use of chopsticks, you cannot possibly understand the sorrow that this causes me.)

Ever since Bon Voyage came out, I have waited patiently for this problem to be fixed. I reported it to the EA Support Team, (why did I even bother?) and still, it has not been fixed. (Big surprise.)  Roll Eyes

Can someone please make a fix for this? Please?
This is going to sound wacky, but I want my Cup O' Ramen back!
« Last Edit: 2008 August 21, 16:53:05 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

"Happy people can be so cruel."
~ Claudia of Silent Hill 3.
Argon
Juvenile Jackass

What Would Brian Kinney Do?

View Profile WWW
Re: Ramen Fix?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 August 20, 21:17:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that maybe last week and thought it was just marco eat :-p I guess not.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Duo 3.0 GHz, 3GB RAM, Nvidia Ge-Force GTS 450 1GB, Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium, WSXGA+ (1680x1050), Windows 7 Pro x64

Laptop: Sony VAIO VPCYB15KX, AMD Dual-Core E-350 1.60 GHz, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6310, WXGA (1366x768), Windows 7 Pro x86
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 August 22, 16:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my experimental ramen fix. I did not test it thoroughly, but so far it seems to work fine. Only works for newly cooked bowls of ramen. Sims will use chopsticks. I can't remember whether Sims used a fork or chopsticks to eat ramen before BV came out.

Don't use it if you don't have BV.

ETA: Experimental version was removed. New version is available here.
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 15:10:47 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 August 22, 16:34:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember whether Sims used a fork or chopsticks to eat ramen before BV came out.

I have all EPs and SPs and my Sim uses the fork to eat the ramen.

« Last Edit: 2008 August 22, 16:55:15 by Havelock » Logged
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 August 23, 21:39:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here's my experimental ramen fix. I did not test it thoroughly, but so far it seems to work fine. Only works for newly cooked bowls of ramen. Sims will use chopsticks. I can't remember whether Sims used a fork or chopsticks to eat ramen before BV came out.

Don't use it if you don't have BV.

Cheesy
Thanks Lord Darcy! I'll test it...

*Update...*

Okay, I have all EPs and SPs, and I have just tested it: No problems at all. I also tested with boolprop testingcheatsenabled true on, and again, no problems.
It is true that originally Sims would eat the plain ramen with a fork, but I am perfectly happy with the chopsticks.

Thanks for the groovy fix!
« Last Edit: 2008 August 24, 06:22:10 by YoungOldPrude » Logged

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life—music and cats." ~Albert Schweitzer

Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2008 August 24, 06:36:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Good, I'll post a new version in DarcyLand, which also fixes the missing shadow of the Uni ramen bowl. No more broken ramen bowl thumbnail in action queues.

It is true that originally Sims would eat the plain ramen with a fork, but I am perfectly happy with the chopsticks.
I've never used a fork to eat ramen. I changed the Eat Type from "Fork" to "Bowls - Chopsticks", because it makes more sense to eat ramen with chopsticks than with a fork. Too bad that chopsticks animation exists only in BV.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 August 24, 07:45:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're a Korean. I don't know how to eat ANYTHING with a chopstick, unless you count impaling things with it like you would any other pointy stick.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 August 24, 08:15:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but you're a Korean. I don't know how to eat ANYTHING with a chopstick, unless you count impaling things with it like you would any other pointy stick.

Cornbread muffins are very good when eaten with chopsticks; you may want to try it sometime.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 August 24, 09:00:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how one produces a cornbread muffin. It is not something one typically encounters in the wild.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2008 August 24, 15:45:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

New version is up in DarcyLand.

That's what I used to do when I was 6, for which I was often slapped on the wrist at meal time. Thanks Dad for forcing me to learn how to use chopsticks properly. So many Korean 12s don't know how to use them nowadays, thanks to their philistine parents who care nothing but kids' school grades.

Liz
Stupid Schlemiel

Li'l Shiv will totally cut a bitch.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 August 24, 17:44:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thrilled to see this fix, yer lordship. Chopsticks FTW! I'm actually more comfortable eating with chopsticks than I am with a fork (have been for years, long before moving here to HK). Makes me giggle every time we go out for dim sum with my Chinese best friend and her godmother - godmother fusses at friend every time for not being as good with her chopsticks as the white girl.  Wink

Handy as they are, though, I wouldn't recommend chopsticks for the unfortunate entrees that wander too close to El Presidente's bunker. Those tend not to come pre-sliced.

"It is always useful to face an enemy who is prepared to die for his country. This means that both you and he have exactly the same aim in mind." -General Tacticus
YoungOldPrude
Corpulent Cretin

Cat-aholic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2008 August 24, 21:18:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea how one produces a cornbread muffin. It is not something one typically encounters in the wild.

Well, nor do I.
My cooking experience is limited, and that's mostly because I'd probably set the house on fire if I even touched the stove.
It was by pure coincidence that I even tried a cornbread muffin. As for my using chopsticks with the muffin, the place had run out of forks…
Still, it was fun...just a bit messy. Cornbread muffins tend to fall apart when punctured by chopsticks.

keirra
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 August 24, 22:38:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been reading Pescado's posts for long time but for some reason, I still get caught off guard.  Tongue
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: