More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 21:24:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Unlinked and relink
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Unlinked and relink  (Read 2718 times)
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Unlinked and relink
« on: 2006 February 08, 04:30:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Looking at the default 'hoods with SimPE I find there are many characters who are by default unlinked, but character data is still present. In the case of dead characters, what does this actually do? Does it prevent them from getting a ghost? Can I safely set unlinked to 0, or do I need to use the 'relink' option in SimPE?

Additionally, can I somehow (and safely) merge duplicate characters, so that Skip Broke can become his child's DNA contributing father again, and all memories point to the correct version of them?
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
Re: Unlinked and relink
« Reply #1 on: 2006 February 08, 05:29:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't know about merging duplicate characters, but if you make Skip Broke unlinked (by changing the 1 to 0), he will contribute his genetics normally to Brandi's third child.  You do this with the one that has the character data, of course.  The other one is just a thumbnail picture as far as I know, but what would happen if you deleted it I have no idea. 

If they're unlinked, it means they can't be resurrected as they don't appear in the Reaper's list.  By linking them, they can be resurrected.  As far as I know, that's the only difference it makes (apart from the genetic thing).  I've unlinked all deadies in my neighbourhoods, not because I want to bring them back, but because I felt like it.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 February 08, 08:48:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks. Weird that Maxis left some unlinked while they linked most others...
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 February 08, 11:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not so much wierd as careless, wouldn't you say?  Like the way too many unrelated sims are ticked as Family!  As if they've played around with stuff and then forgotten to put it back to how it originally was.

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: