More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 10:51:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  something to do with invited friend...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: something to do with invited friend...  (Read 6262 times)
zibillina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
something to do with invited friend...
« on: 2006 November 28, 13:20:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

my sims lily proposed helena (other sims) to stay overnight... but after the night, helena always come as she wish and play the bowling all day long...
i logged into her family and send her to college but she still appear in the house as she wish... what's wrong?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: something to do with invited friend...
« Reply #1 on: 2006 November 28, 13:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some sims do that.  I've never quite figured if it's a bug or a feature, but it sure is annoying.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
zibillina
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 November 28, 14:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

she just keep bowling or play the aerospin and scream in the night..
she said it is late, went home then come back again Huh Huh
miros
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 November 28, 15:49:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have certain Sims who just walk in to other people's houses without knocking.  One of them was a mascot that I haven't got around to doing psycho-surgery on.  The other was either a mascot or possibly a clerk in a store.
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 November 28, 16:38:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Some outgoing sims do that, they just walk right in Smiley
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 November 28, 16:42:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the walk-ins get annoying enough, they become candidates for cow plant food, or to have a satellite dropped on them. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 November 28, 16:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They don't actually have to be outgoing.  I had a zombie (with the accompanied personality, or lack of) who would constantly come over, raid the fridge and sit in the hottub all day.
I can't remember if she was visiting before she became a zombie, and what her personality might have been then.

Edit:
If the walk-ins get annoying enough, they become candidates for cow plant food, or to have a satellite dropped on them. Smiley
Now that you mention it, I think that's how she became a zombie...

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 November 28, 16:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra Goth has a habit of running into other Sims' homes (in the proper neighborhood, not at uni) and then slapping them for no reason.  Then she'll just sit on the couch and hang out.  wtf.

My Sims get a lot of drop-ins.  Maybe because they're all so friggin' nice.

*goes off to download some visitor zapping hack*
Karen
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 November 28, 16:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cassandra Goth has a habit of running into other Sims' homes (in the proper neighborhood, not at uni) and then slapping them for no reason.  Then she'll just sit on the couch and hang out.  wtf.

That sounds like normal game behavior.  Sims who use the telescope to spy on neighbors during the day will get slapped by the neighborhood "slapper" (usually Mortimer Goth or one of his relatives).  Twojeffs has a hack to stop this if it bothers you (http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,1189.0.html)
Merope
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 November 28, 17:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't remember now, but I don't think that anyone was using the telescope.  But it doesn't really *bother* me--I like it when I have an excuse to be mean to the townies.  I don't like the default Sims that came with the game but I started playing before I knew to destroy everything and start fresh.  So some of my Sims are friends with Darren and Brandi and the less-bitchy Caliente sister.  If it weren't for the fact that I'm fiercely attached to my custom Sims, I'd pillage Pleasantview and salt the earth.

Say... killing Sims off doesn't bugger up game files, right?  It's only deleting them from the Simbin that does that?  My Sims can make new friends.  Better friends.
Gus Smedstad
Lipless Loser

Dabbler

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 November 28, 17:43:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The telescope thing is unrelated to Sims who just show up uninvited and don't need to be greeted.

I've always assumed that it's a bug relating to the Sim in question being invited over, and then not properly dismissed.  Maybe you just went to sleep and let them leave, or everyone went to work, or something of that nature.  I haven't done any tests because it's unpredictable.

- Gus

Fine, I can see why people hate the Sims 3 sigs.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 November 28, 18:22:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think it's a bug; outgoing sims always enter homes without knocking, and they often go visiting close friends, sometimes with wife or husband too. Outgoing enemies, also, went every bloody day, make a bee line from mailbox to resident enemy, and attack as hell.

If a sim is both outgoing and nice, his friends will live as if their family is raised by one all the time.

About Cassandra & Co. slapping neighbours, it's for sure telescope-related. Sometimes Mortimer, Cassandra, etc. don't came immediately, but after a while, so it's possible that you didn't notice.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 November 28, 20:02:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now that you mention it, I think that's how she became a zombie...

Speaking of zombies, I had a new-to-me want in a knowledge sim last night. It was a picture of (I think) someone who died in her dorm, and now at least a sim-week out of uni she has the want to turn him into a zombie!  Kinda surprised me, as I'd never seen that one at all.  I can't remember what type of relationship they had in uni -- I'll have to go into SimPE and see if they were enemies when he died.  If she still has the want next time I play the lot, I may just indulge her.

And FWIW, she's the oldest daughter of Cassandra Goth and Darren Dreamer (now both dead of old age).  Strange bunch, those Goths...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 November 28, 23:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a Sim couple get divorced, and the ex-wife (who got caught cheating) did that exact thing, come over uninvited every day and just hang out forever. Pretty sure she's both very grouchy and very outgoing. Now that all her kids are adults and have moved out, and her ex is remarried, it's starting to get a bit ridiculous, though.
seelindarun
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 November 28, 23:38:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Speaking of zombies, I had a new-to-me want in a knowledge sim last night. It was a picture of (I think) someone who died in her dorm, and now at least a sim-week out of uni she has the want to turn him into a zombie!  Kinda surprised me, as I'd never seen that one at all.  I can't remember what type of relationship they had in uni -- I'll have to go into SimPE and see if they were enemies when he died.  If she still has the want next time I play the lot, I may just indulge her.

I get that one pretty often.  Maybe it's because my 'hood already has a few zombies?  Roll Eyes

In any case, pretty frequently knowledge sims get the want to make zombies out of their friends while other aspirations will get specifically that fear.  I've only had a family roll the zombie want once, when his enemy died on another lot.  I suppose that's because I don't have enemiesaccumulate in my game...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 November 29, 08:42:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get that all the time. Any-asp Sims get the want for their dead enemies, the fear for their dead friends.
Knowledge-asp Sims tend to get the reverse.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 November 29, 13:08:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a Zombie Servo.  He just wouldn't stop begging for it.
I'll never understand why knowlege sims are so keen on becoming zombies, zombies are stupid!  Of course, they get to learn everything all over again.  I guess that's fun if you like skillinating.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: