More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 22:26:54

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Really good ideas...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Really good ideas...  (Read 13950 times)
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Really good ideas...
« on: 2005 December 12, 16:56:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was on MTS2 and I saw this thread about a really expensive dartboard that would satisfy the fortune sims want to buy a game costing §5500-it works a treat! I was sick of trying to fit the bowling alley into my little tiny lots. Grin
I requested a stereo to fulfil the 'buy a stereo for §3000' (or whatever it is) and she/he made the little boombox so you can buy that instead of the DJ booth.
I thought these were both really great, and thought I'd share Smiley

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
Re: Really good ideas...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 12, 17:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since when have downloads on MTS2 been "not available to guests"? Before today I could always download without logging in, but now I'll have to join.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
cheriem
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 12, 17:06:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thankyou Emma, I went and got them.  They are a treat!

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 12, 20:30:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hooray!
Liss
Knuckleheaded Knob

BOOT to the HEAD!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 12, 20:32:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

cool, thanks for that Emma.  These wants drive me batshit.

Someone sucks more than I do.
http://wytchieone.deviantart.com/gallery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 12, 20:42:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish the nicest dining chairs weren't almost always the cheapos!  I get a lovely dining set, make a really nice dining room, and then I get pestered for expensive chairs!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 12, 20:43:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks Emma  for the Info Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 12, 22:17:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice!

I always forget about inventory in NL now..and forgot that I can sit a bowling alley on the lot for my fortune sims and then shove it in inventory so that works too for that stupid want, but I like this much better.  Especially since they roll up that want more than once, no harm in having a few various dartboards around the house..especially since my sims seem to like them a lot.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 12, 22:22:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I quite like the bowling alley for getting body skill points.  Build a basement!

Zephyr Zodiac
eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 12, 22:45:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish the nicest dining chairs weren't almost always the cheapos!  I get a lovely dining set, make a really nice dining room, and then I get pestered for expensive chairs!

Yes. I wish this too. If I knew how, I would change their prices and/or comfort levels myself (if that's even possible) ... but I don't know how. So instead I have to live with the problem where all of my families that have more than the first generation have houses that are decorated in very similar styles. Everyone has the same kitchen, which I always match with the same walls.

"If at first you don't succeed, try again. Then quit. No use being a damn fool about it."
- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 December 12, 22:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can change the comfort level in SimPE, but it doesn't actually affect comfort, I believe, just shows higher comfort in the catalogue.  And so many nice chairs are made from the cheap ones!  I just got Madkidian's new Arezzo set, which is really expensive looking, to find they might as well have the cheap Maxis chairs, as far as the sims are concerned it makes no difference how nice they look!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 December 12, 23:41:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can change the comfort level in SimPE, but it doesn't actually affect comfort, I believe, just shows higher comfort in the catalogue.  And so many nice chairs are made from the cheap ones!  I just got Madkidian's new Arezzo set, which is really expensive looking, to find they might as well have the cheap Maxis chairs, as far as the sims are concerned it makes no difference how nice they look!
Sims  can be finicky thats for dure Undecided

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 December 13, 00:26:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nice!

I always forget about inventory in NL now..and forgot that I can sit a bowling alley on the lot for my fortune sims and then shove it in inventory so that works too for that stupid want, but I like this much better.  Especially since they roll up that want more than once, no harm in having a few various dartboards around the house..especially since my sims seem to like them a lot.

I like playing fortune sims so I use the inventory trick often (the big ugly sculptures are worse than a bowling alley, to me), but I think that as soon as you stick whatever it is in the inventory, the want system thinks you don't have it at all and quickly rerolls a want for the same. I had to buy the $1500 sculpture 4 times for one Sim when I was playing on Sunday.  I don't remember the wants coming back that quickly before I started using inventory to stuff unwanted purchases.  I do know that if they want a piano and you buy it and put it inventory, they want another dang piano quickly.  *tears hair*

I don't mind buying sculpture and art to fulfill their wants as it's just a place to put the money, you don't lose it through depreciation (and can make money)...but I'd sure like a better variety of small pieces of sculpture, vases, whatever to collect.

I really wish I knew how to change the price on objects.  Playing as many fortune Sims as I do, most of the catalogue and many downloads are  "useless" for wants purposes.  I'd love to reprice.  (And why modders almost never tell you the price of their objects before you download, I don't understand.  They must not play fortune Sims.) Huh

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 December 13, 00:29:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a lot of us dont like fortune sims because of the greed attached to them could be the creators feel the same way Tongue

windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 December 13, 00:36:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a lot of us dont like fortune sims because of the greed attached to them could be the creators feel the same way Tongue

Now, now, greed and upwardly mobile with the family are two different things.  Cheesy

Honestly, going back to my Battle of the Aspirations thread, fortune Sims are quite pleasant to play.  They are only annoying (to me) when they get stuck in a "buy" rut, when all six wants are buy buy buy.  Break them out of that and they bounce nicely to rolling relationship and family wants, too.  My $1500 sculpture Dad also wanted to teach his toddler to walk and to woo hoo with his wife, too, once I got him enough sculptures. :p

I like the challenge of pushing them past just money and things...gotta buy some things along the way, though.

Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 December 13, 00:43:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Now, now, greed and upwardly mobile with the family are two different things.  Cheesy

Honestly, going back to my Battle of the Aspirations thread, fortune Sims are quite pleasant to play.  They are only annoying (to me) when they get stuck in a "buy" rut, when all six wants are buy buy buy.  Break them out of that and they bounce nicely to rolling relationship and family wants, too.  My $1500 sculpture Dad also wanted to teach his toddler to walk and to woo hoo with his wife, too, once I got him enough sculptures. :p

I like the challenge of pushing them past just money and things...gotta buy some things along the way, though.
problem is some of the LTW;s are all about greed

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 December 13, 00:45:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange though, if you get two really compatible fortune sims in a relationship (which I have at the moment) how they seem to roll wants for the same things - if one want an expensive recliner, then they both want one!  (Useful as you can buy it and they both get the want fulfilled!)  The two I am playing (Clones of Dustin and Dirk) are like that, but Dirk rolls a lot of Knowledge type wants, while Dustin rolls the Flirt with Dirk and Call Beau to chat type of wants.  Parental influence, I wonder, or just the difference in their personalities?

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 December 13, 00:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Strange though, if you get two really compatible fortune sims in a relationship (which I have at the moment) how they seem to roll wants for the same things - if one want an expensive recliner, then they both want one!  (Useful as you can buy it and they both get the want fulfilled!)  The two I am playing (Clones of Dustin and Dirk) are like that, but Dirk rolls a lot of Knowledge type wants, while Dustin rolls the Flirt with Dirk and Call Beau to chat type of wants.  Parental influence, I wonder, or just the difference in their personalities?
probably personality differences and the fact dirk doesnt have siblings

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 December 13, 00:59:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has a sister in my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 December 13, 01:00:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He has a sister in my game.
personality differences then

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 13, 01:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think probably, although it's odd, when you think of it, that Dirk has a Knowledge sim father and Dustin has a Romance one.

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 13, 01:21:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

problem is some of the LTW;s are all about greed

I love the Sims.  Isn't it funny how people see things differently?

My fortune Sims are all family oriented.  They work their butts off...in addition to the day job, my fortune Dad is writing novels, working on his wife's candy machine, painting pictures, whatever he can do to make an extra buck.  (I've banned money trees and counterfeiting machines, so these fortune Sims are working for that 100K LTW.)

I don't see them as greedy at all.  They are nice people who provide a nice life for their families...and they all started at the bottom, no kaching motherlodes for them.   When teenage son Johnny knowledge Sim rolls a want for an expensive telescope, where is the $$ coming from?  Teenage Johnny is too busy rolling skill building wants to actually get a job.

Oh, and, can you tell I'm the breadwinner in my family?     Wink

eaglezero
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 13, 01:36:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My $1500 sculpture Dad also wanted to teach his toddler to walk and to woo hoo with his wife, too, once I got him enough sculptures.

At first I thought you meant the dad wanted to teach his toddler to woohoo with his wife. I was understandably confused.

But on the topic of fortune sims, I really like having them if it's a family (or single sim) that's just starting out. I don't really like them for subsequent generations -- unless they're the second (or later) child in the family and thus won't be inheriting the house. It's sometimes hard to keep them happy in a house where everything has already been bought! With mine, generally about half of their wants will be for material goods or a promotion and the other half will be for their family/friends/spouse/whatever. I do find, though, that if their aspiration level sinks below platinum or gold, they start rolling more wants to buy things. I think, though, that all the aspirations roll more aspirationally-relevant wants the lower their level is.

But hey, I like acquiring material goods, I have no problem with my sims liking the same. I do have a problem with it though when they don't have the money! After all, credit cards don't exist in simland! (Which is actually lucky for them, because I bet the debt collector sim would be nastier than the social worker. I adopted a child the other day, and she hung around on the lot for HOURS. I finally had to delete her.)

- WC Fields
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 13, 01:49:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just wish that when kids transitiion to teens the game rolled their Aspiration and Turn-ons/off.  The chance element would make it more interesting, and the renuyu-senso-orb should be a lot more expensive so changing either has a bit of a challenge to it.

Zephyr Zodiac
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 13, 01:53:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My $1500 sculpture Dad also wanted to teach his toddler to walk and to woo hoo with his wife, too, once I got him enough sculptures.

At first I thought you meant the dad wanted to teach his toddler to woohoo with his wife. I was understandably confused.

lol, yes, you were understandably confused.  I hate sloppy writing; too bad I do it so often.

But on the topic of fortune sims, I really like having them if it's a family (or single sim) that's just starting out. I don't really like them for subsequent generations -- unless they're the second (or later) child in the family and thus won't be inheriting the house. It's sometimes hard to keep them happy in a house where everything has already been bought! With mine, generally about half of their wants will be for material goods or a promotion and the other half will be for their family/friends/spouse/whatever. I do find, though, that if their aspiration level sinks below platinum or gold, they start rolling more wants to buy things. I think, though, that all the aspirations roll more aspirationally-relevant wants the lower their level is.

I swear they can be "trained" with only occasional lapses into buying binges, but I'm far too lazy to do the sort of study that would prove it.

I have a Fortune Sim with everything in the world (courtesy partly of money order, I'm afraid, his mother married Mortimer Goth, and partly because I've been playing him for a long time as Business Tycoon. ) ... he is married to a Romance Sim and both of them dabble quite heavily on the side of the marriage.  I very rarely see classic Fortune Sim wants from him...mostly wants about his last conquest or his next conquest.  He's such a classic stereotype Mogul with It All Turns Sex Obsessed.  I love him.

My Romance Sims love him too and he leaves very nice presents in appreciation from their dates.  

Anyway, I swear they can be trained, even if I trained this one badly.  *blush*

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: