More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 20:50:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  bogarting the hot tub ?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: bogarting the hot tub ?  (Read 11572 times)
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
bogarting the hot tub ?
« on: 2005 November 27, 04:20:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I saw a patch somewhere that would stop sims from constantly using your hot tubs (including the love tub). I have just spent two hours surfing around looking for it and must be completely blind or something- I can't see it anywhere?

Does anyone know what I'm talking about? Anyone know where to get a patch that does this? (hopefully for NL too)

Thanks
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: bogarting the hot tub ?
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 27, 11:33:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know, but Pescado's Asp Recharger has a function built in that keeps people from jumping into your love tub uninvited, thus wasting its' charge. It hasn't been updated for Nightlife, but works fine all the same (just doesn't deal with the new NL objects obviously). Haven't heard of anything similar with the normal hot tubs, though.
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 28, 01:52:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed that one just today and not only did it not stop people from jumping in the love tub, I couldn't figure out how to get any options to recharge anything... I don't think it worked.
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 28, 05:37:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can only recharge aspiration rewards that are at least partly used up.  Also the sim trying to recharge has to have enough aspiration points.  If those aren't your problems I'm not sure what else to suggest.
Elvie
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 28, 20:49:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not clear about what advantages the love tub has over the regular tubs, other than price.

The floating roses and hearts are nice to look at, though.

I guess the love tub makes Sims more likely to accept the lovin'?  I've never noticed a difference  Huh
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 28, 20:54:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Supposedly, it allows sims to initiate romantic interactions with sims they have a high relationship with yet not fall in love while they are at it Undecided. Well, at least that's what I've read Tongue. Never got a chance to try it out for myself. Yet.
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 29, 00:22:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I installed that one just today and not only did it not stop people from jumping in the love tub, I couldn't figure out how to get any options to recharge anything... I don't think it worked.

If your Sim doesn't have enough aspiration points, the recharge option won't show on aspiration reward objects.

I had a doh few moments of confusion over that one time.  Lips sealed

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 29, 00:31:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Odd how it didn't stop anybody getting into it uninvited, though. Was it a fresh tub?
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 29, 02:50:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My sim has over 300,000 aspiration points.

I did attempt to buy a new tub to see if that was the problem. That didn't fix it though.

How do you know if your tub has lost some charge? I think if you have a few people using it then it would lose some charge, right?

It just acts like I don't have the hack installed at all. I'm wondering if it is conflicting with some other hack I have installed, although the only hacks I have are from JM, twojeffs, or the inteenimater/insimenator stuff.

Is the option to recharge supposed to show up when you click on the object?
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 29, 04:41:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did attempt to buy a new tub to see if that was the problem. That didn't fix it though.

How do you know if your tub has lost some charge? I think if you have a few people using it then it would lose some charge, right?

It just acts like I don't have the hack installed at all. I'm wondering if it is conflicting with some other hack I have installed, although the only hacks I have are from JM, twojeffs, or the inteenimater/insimenator stuff.

My sims all have tons of aspiration points they cant even use they have so many

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 29, 05:42:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's a bit strange. The love tub slowly loses its charge when people use it. I think you can only recharge if nobody's using it at the time (and it needs charged up, obviously). You just click on it after a while when nobody's using it and it'll say "recharge, XX asp points".
I don't know what the problem might be. I don't use any of the insimenator stuff, but pescado's hacks usually behave quite well with it from what I've heard.

Odd.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 29, 11:05:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

so...  is the love tub any different to a regular hot tub?

I've not noticed any difference myself...  it just seems to be a hot tub that can be bought with aspiration points instead of cash - any other advantages? the overall purpose? and what happens if it's used at a low aspiration level?

in my game - the only thing different is the floaty hearts and flowers, but it's entirely possible there's something I'm just not noticing

vector
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 29, 12:19:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not noticed any difference myself...  it just seems to be a hot tub that can be bought with aspiration points instead of cash - any other advantages? the overall purpose? and what happens if it's used at a low aspiration level?

in my game - the only thing different is the floaty hearts and flowers, but it's entirely possible there's something I'm just not noticing.

I don't know if CuriousSpurious is right about the romantic interactions without falling in love - but I think it does make certain romantic interactions more likely to be accepted.

There's no penalty for using it with a low aspiration level. 
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 29, 12:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

in my game - the only thing different is the floaty hearts and flowers, but it's entirely possible there's something I'm just not noticing

in my game - the only thing different is the floaty hearts and flowers, but it's entirely possible there's something I'm just not noticing.

I don't know if CuriousSpurious is right about the romantic interactions without falling in love - but I think it does make certain romantic interactions more likely to be accepted.

Actually, I think I read about the love tub right here on this forum, can't remember which thread it was mentioned in though, it was quite a long time ago.

I didn't like the Romance aspiration, so didn't have any romance sims to test the love tub with. But having had to restart after losing my game files to a hard disk crash, I've decided to put the Romance aspiration back in use, and I intend to test the love tub theory. Might take a few days though, will post back unless somebody already verified what the love tub does before I do.
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 29, 16:18:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, part of this is up to me being impatient I think. I finally got the menu last night for recharging. My sims had to use the love tub about three times before it needed recharging, which was something I did not expect (I guess because there's no visible indication that the charge is going down- I didn't even know it had a 'charge' until just recently). I guess my sims just don't hang around in the tub as long as Maxis expects, lol.

I also got the menu for recharging my thinking caps! So that part of my problem is gone.

People are still bogarting the tub though. I eventually just made a poolhouse and put a myne door on it which I keep locked unless I'm interested in inviting someone in. It's not that they're using my charge that pisses me off- it's just that they don't ever seem interested in doing anything else *but* using the hot tub- which gets very boring!
Renatus
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 29, 16:42:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I have been able to tell, the candles of the love tub burn out as the charge goes down.

Muisie
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 29, 16:45:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Buy that stupid 800 simoleon game and place it in the front yard.  It attracts sims like flies.  Easy to find your guests that way.  You may even find your own sims in the middle of the night just standing in front of it for hours.
shenacat
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 29, 19:30:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL. Or I could buy a swingset.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 29, 19:32:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, on my lots, they gather around moaning at the flamingos, because some of my lots are pretty spartan and the flamingo is deemed the only real source of fun on the lot. Guests are somewhat distressed by this. On dorms, the dormies like to gather at the flamingos and scream at them before giving them a kick.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 November 29, 21:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, on my lots, they gather around moaning at the flamingos, because some of my lots are pretty spartan and the flamingo is deemed the only real source of fun on the lot. Guests are somewhat distressed by this. On dorms, the dormies like to gather at the flamingos and scream at them before giving them a kick.
hmmmmmmmmmm well bunkers arent known for their beauty Tongue so why doesnt it surprise me that your sims have to live in drab dreary lots?

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 December 03, 02:33:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I tested the love tub using Don and Nina. Entered Don's bacherlor pad, turned on debug mode, dragged his STR/LTR with Nina to 100/100, teleported Nina onto the lot, did the same then made them best friends. Directed them to get into the love tub, cuddled, kiss>peck>tender>make out>woohoo, non of those actions induced crush nor love. Let them soak in the love tub to waste its charge till the candles seemed to have burned out, directed them both to get out of the love tub, clicked on the love tub to make sure it has zero charge (-20,000 is the cost to fully recharge the love tub or buy a new one), then made Don and Nina get in the tub again. Directed them to cuddle/makeout and they instantly fell in love.

To test whether using the love tub in low aspiration made any difference, I exited the lot without saving, re-entered, turned on debug mode, dragged Don's STR/LTR with Nina to 100/100, teleported Nina in and did the same, made them best friends, ctr-clicked on Don's fears to realise some of them so his aspiration is 3/4 in the red, directed him and Nina to get in the love tub, did some lovin' and still, neither fell in love.

To test whether using the love tub in low aspiration and low STR/LTR with a sim warrants rejection, exited the lot without saving, re-entered, turned on debug mode, dragged Don's STR/LTR with Nina to 100/4 (there is no option to cuddle at 100/0), teleported Nina in and did the same, directed both to the love tub, no rejection to cuddling despite Don's aspiration being in the red, neither also developed a crush/love. Dragged LTR for both to 100/24 which opened up the option to kiss>peck, neither had a crush/love on each other after doing so. Dragged LTR for both to 100/48, which opened up the option to kiss>tender, neither had a crush/love on each other after doing so. Dragged LTR for both to 100/76, which opened up the option to woohoo (but not make out Huh), neither had a crush/love on each other after doing so. Dragged LTR for both to 100/86, which opened up the option to kiss>make out, neither had a crush/love on each other after doing so. Just for the heck of it, dragged LTR for both to 100/100, made out and woohoo'd, still, neither fell in love. Waited till the candles burned out, directed both to get out, made sure the charge for the love tub has completely drained, made Don and Nina get in again, and they fell in love on the first romantic interaction.

In conclusion, using the love tub with a low aspiration doesn't affect the risks of rejections (low relationship score might), sims can initiate lovin' with another sim they have a high enough relationship with, without falling in love as long as they are using the love tub.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 December 03, 02:37:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, thanks for all that testing...  now I've actually got some idea of the purpose of the love tub!

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 December 03, 02:44:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, I did it as much for myself Grin. Some of the descriptions for the aspiration rewards were pretty vague, I didn't know for the longest time just what the heck the noodlesoother does, looking in all the wrong places for a sign that the reward is doing its job Tongue.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 December 03, 02:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nah, I did it as much for myself Grin. Some of the descriptions for the aspiration rewards were pretty vague, I didn't know for the longest time just what the heck the noodlesoother does, looking in all the wrong places for a sign that the reward is doing its job Tongue.
you are one up on me then I still have no clue what the noodle soother does

C.S.
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 December 03, 02:58:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I finally read it here that the noddlesoother maxes out job performance Wink, which would pretty much guarantee a promotion. Not that going to work in platinum aspiration doesn't do the same. Be sure to take it off as soon as your sim gets home though, 'cos it drains their needs. That's all I noticed when they wore it at home, until I found out it's meant to be worn to work Lips sealed.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: