More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 23:51:26

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540272 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  loading problem
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: loading problem  (Read 5003 times)
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
loading problem
« on: 2010 April 26, 11:43:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there anyone who might be able to help me with my problem.  I play sims 3 normally with only awesome mod and a fair bit of cc but every now and again I cannot load games which I have been playing because it says that they were saved with a previous expansion pack, I have found that these ones do not create a backup file which seems to be the only difference there is.  Any help gratefully received as I have put this question on the ea site with no answer at all.

Its has taken me a while to pluck up the courage to put a topic here so please no grammar or sarcastic remarks, because I reckon I'm about twice your age and I'm only asking for help.
wizard_merlin
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
Re: loading problem
« Reply #1 on: 2010 April 26, 14:53:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Its has taken me a while to pluck up the courage to put a topic here so please no grammar or sarcastic remarks, because I reckon I'm about twice your age and I'm only asking for help.

That is just like asking for remarks.  Not bad, 90 and still playing sims.

I am not a complete idiot, some of the parts are missing.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2010 April 26, 15:10:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can we assume that you are always playing the most recent expansion or stuff pack and that you are not switching between Sims 3, World Adventures, and HELS?

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 April 26, 15:14:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was going to say, not bad for an 84-year old and German to boot.

More F than you
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 April 26, 16:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is that twice our collective age, or twice our individual ages? I would help you out, but I am too busy being felt up behind the bike sheds, and drinking White Lightning in the park on a Saturday afternoon.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 April 26, 18:41:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR HOMEWORK, SOOZE? THAT ESSAY IS NOT GOING TO WRITE ITSELF, YOU KNOW.

More F than you
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2010 April 26, 18:53:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See you cannot resist the smart remarks, I know I was asking for them and yes I'm pretty lucid for 110.  As for the sims yes I have both expansion packs with up-to-date patches and do not alternate between them. The only thing that I can think that is causing this problem is the cc but I use Dephy's dashboard to check packages so I assumed everything there was ok.

edit: If for some reason my system decides to restore to a previous point would this affect my save files? 
« Last Edit: 2010 April 26, 19:55:16 by sabrieljo » Logged
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2010 April 26, 19:28:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAVE YOU FINISHED YOUR HOMEWORK, SOOZE? THAT ESSAY IS NOT GOING TO WRITE ITSELF, YOU KNOW.
FINE MUM. GOD. I'M DOING IT NOW, OK? HAPPY NOW? HAPPY? YOU'VE RUINED MY LIFE.

See you cannot resist the smart remarks

Self fulfilling prophesy much?

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
Tangie
Exasperating Eyesore

INFJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2010 April 26, 22:39:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What neighborhood are you playing? This error message/problem only happened to me once, in a user created world called Victorian Bay 2.0. In the thread for that world on the EA BBS there are some ideas for fixing this, although personally I haven't yet tried any of them. Believe it or not the most promising fix has to do with renaming the files to take the number out of the name. Other than this one example, if you're not playing this world then I have no idea why you'd be getting this error message and as far as I know, this is the first time anyone has mentioned it on this website.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2010 April 27, 01:22:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

edit: If for some reason my system decides to restore to a previous point would this affect my save files? 

What do you mean, "if for some reason...".  The system should not spontaneously restore to a previous point without something being wrong.  Sounds like you have some computer issues beyond the Sims here soldier.

Tribulatio proxima est
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2010 April 27, 12:29:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I'm thinking its the computer rather than a sims problem, I've only had this hard drive a month because my last one crashed and burned but I only have the sims on it and microsoft office so thats why I assumed that it was probably a sims problem.  As to games it is various places not a specific one.  Thanks anyway guys I think I might just need a new computer or at least this one looked at.
lordrichter
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2010 April 27, 14:24:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Uh.  So, did any save games get rescued from the old hard drive?  If so, I have to ask whether you have seen this problem with new save games created since the new hard drive was installed.  I do mean completely new save games.  I do not mean writing over an existing save game.

If you are seeing problems only with old saves from the old hard drive that you rescued, no matter how many times it has been written over since then, delete all the old saves and start fresh.

Danger: Chaotic Neutral Human Wizard, 4th Level
sabrieljo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2010 April 30, 10:42:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry it took so long for me reply no everything was lost on the old hard drive these are all new games, but I've gone through a windows repair to try and see if that makes any difference as I don't think this is a sims problem so crossed fingers.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: