FFS "Batbox" Lot Debugger v2.0: NUCLEAR WAR EDITION

<< < (213/237) > >>

Crash:
Well, the really weird thing is, I did get alot of 'items fixed' messages. And it's a completely new hood, where I haven't had anyone rent an apartment in yet. It just seemed like a VBT.

J. M. Pescado:
Was it an EAxis premade? If so, that would be why there is so much crud.

Crash:
Ah, yes, I had a blonde moment there - I was just about to edit my post. It's HP's Mega hood, so yes, you are correct.

Gastfyr:
I have a question about the whole upgrading pre-uni sims.  Is it normal that they get a bunch of stupid uni-related memories dumped into thier memories at random?

It makes the memories look really crappy with all these fake "made dean's list" and "graduated Suma Cum Laude" memories shoehored in between things like "got married," "got a promotion," and "had a baby".  Apparently these memories are not considered "corrupt" since I have no option to delete them, but they are clearly out of order with the rest of the sim's memories.

Also, they don't appear immdiately after upgrading the sim, but instead spring up at some later point seemingly at random?

It is annoying enough that I will not be using this upgrade pre-uni feature.  Instead, I'll either use the sim modder or the "Mirror of Locks and Wanting" (wich is the least cheaty option since it is earned) to add slots and locks to my sims.  These methods don't come with all the perks of being a graduate, but they also don't come with annoyingly missplaced fake memories.  And really, it seems pretty cheaty to me to get an instant Suma Cum Laude grad without having to play the sim through uni; I think it would be a nicer feature if the upgraded sim became a graduate, but with no honours.

Oh, other than that I love the Lot Debugger and use it for every single sim.  My favorite feature is being able to wipe the stupid "Mystery Sim" memories from newly created unmarried adults.   8)

J. M. Pescado:
Quote from: Gastfyr on 2008 October 20, 17:22:30

I have a question about the whole upgrading pre-uni sims.  Is it normal that they get a bunch of stupid uni-related memories dumped into thier memories at random?
It makes the memories look really crappy with all these fake "made dean's list" and "graduated Suma Cum Laude" memories shoehored in between things like "got married," "got a promotion," and "had a baby".  Apparently these memories are not considered "corrupt" since I have no option to delete them, but they are clearly out of order with the rest of the sim's memories.
I wasn't aware that it shoehorned them. They are specifically only generated when they would not torch continuity. They will not be generated if your sim has any "Grow Up", "Engagement", "Graduation", or "Had Babby" memories. Therefore, they won't be shoehorned in between things like "got married". If your sim has gotten engaged (not even married yet), no memories will be added. The memories are only generated on a sim where the continuity would fit. If you are getting them erroneously appearing, take a screenshot so I can see what the hell you did.

These methods don't come with all the perks of being a graduate, but they also don't come with annoyingly missplaced fake memories.
Again, if they're being "misplaced", you are doing something VERY WRONG. The only sims that should be eligible for this are pretty much "blank template" sims: Ones that haven't ever grown up, gotten engaged, or otherwise done anything would break sequence.

And really, it seems pretty cheaty to me to get an instant Suma Cum Laude grad without having to play the sim through uni; I think it would be a nicer feature if the upgraded sim became a graduate, but with no honours.
It's that way because if you DID play through Uni, this is pretty much what you get automatically. The entire point is that the Upgrade command is designed to fix pre-Uni sims that never had the chance and never will, thus condemning them to permanent second-class status, making them equivalent to those that did: A subpar upgrade would still relegate them to second-class citizenship. It is not intended to be used as a cheat at all. In fact, I'm not even sure how you managed to break it, so I'm going to attribute it to how much you SUCK.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page