More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 04, 16:39:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540271 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Earn 100K Lifetime Want
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Earn 100K Lifetime Want  (Read 19760 times)
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
Earn 100K Lifetime Want
« on: 2006 September 14, 20:58:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the tip money from playing instruments, dj, free-style and barista, count towards this goal?

ChibyMethos
Corpulent Cretin

Remember 9-11-2001

View Profile
Re: Earn 100K Lifetime Want
« Reply #1 on: 2006 September 14, 21:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any money they get counts, as long as they earn it.

All your base are belong to us.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 September 14, 21:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The stupid thing is that money from selling businesses or community lots also counts.

So you could grab one small community lot and repeatedly buy and sell it and the LTW would be satisfied within minutes.

Stoopid maxis!
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 September 14, 21:37:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shcolarships don't count, and neither does inheritance.
Everything else I've seen does.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 September 14, 21:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those $50,000 chance cards are yummy.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 September 14, 21:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never really thought about the scholarships not counting...  what on earth where they thinking! ARGH!!

Too early in the morning to deal with maxian incompetence!
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 September 14, 21:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's because of that stupid selling a business thing that I've stopped running them.  It drove me totally crazy.  Can there not be a fix for this?  It's very badly needed.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 September 14, 21:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "earn 100K" is related to the fortune sims. In the basic TS2 it was an obssessive  want, now it is a life want.

If you don't have OFB, you can earn it only by writing a novel, and selling it. For this task, your sim has to have 10 creativity skills. Writing a novel takes long time (at least 14 sim days), and not each sell gets 100K.

I suggest you to use JMP's  clock, and change this awful LTW.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 September 14, 21:47:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see that there is an argument either way for including inheritance money in money earned...  but to no include scholarships is just downright ludicrous!

If we're requesting fixes, that's one I'd like to see done if at all possible...  I guess it's probably due to the fact that the sim may earn the scholarships but not actually go to uni, so may never actually receive that money at all.  Is this because they can't count money that goes with the sim when they leave home as money earned?

Gali, it's not just money from selling novels, it includes money earned from employment and chance cards, and is actually a pretty easy LTW to achieve, even if it is one of the longer ones to do.

Frankenbeasley
The Preacher
Uncouth Undesirable

Diabolic Avocado

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 September 14, 21:52:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "earn 100K" is related to the fortune sims. In the basic TS2 it was an obssessive  want, now it is a life want.

If you don't have OFB, you can earn it only by writing a novel, and selling it. For this task, your sim has to have 10 creativity skills. Writing a novel takes long time (at least 14 sim days), and not each sell gets 100K.

I suggest you to use JMP's  clock, and change this awful LTW.

Umm, even on the twentieth or thirtieth novel my Sims have never got more than about $6,000 for a great novel. The rule seems to be that anything above $2,000 counts as a bestseller. I must be doing something wrong if novels can get to $100K!!!

The weirdness of fortune Sim wants also gets me with regard to selling a masterpiece... they don't have to paint it themselves for it to fulfill the want, which kind of makes it easy for teens to fulfill when their grannies live with them. The elders paint the pics, the youth get the AP bonus.

Not dead but gone by four.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 September 15, 01:32:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "earn 100K" is related to the fortune sims. In the basic TS2 it was an obssessive  want, now it is a life want.

I suggest you to use JMP's  clock, and change this awful LTW.
Awful? It's the quintessential free form Fortune LTW. One of the best ones in the game, too, as it can be satisfied hella-early, just like the Max All Skills LTW, even without using the real estate exploit.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 September 15, 02:27:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The "earn 100K" is related to the fortune sims. In the basic TS2 it was an obssessive  want, now it is a life want.

I suggest you to use JMP's  clock, and change this awful LTW.
Awful? It's the quintessential free form Fortune LTW. One of the best ones in the game, too, as it can be satisfied hella-early, just like the Max All Skills LTW, even without using the real estate exploit.

Yeah, it's an easy want to satisfy. I never even really bother trying to earn it; I just make sure it's the fortune Sim who does any money tree harvesting, and let them get on with their fortune Sim things, and it comes along rather quickly. You can put them in any career you want, too. Great want. A lot better than the "reach golden anniversary" one, which can't be achieved until the Sims are elders.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 September 15, 02:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grilled Cheese is the tough one. But oh so tasty.  Grin

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 September 15, 04:08:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get money trees. Do they yield more cash the older they get? They seem to only offer a little bit of cash at a time which makes it seem not worth it to me. The only way I've ever satisfied the 100k want is a lucky chance card and the buy/sell business exploit.

KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 September 15, 04:16:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't get money trees. Do they yield more cash the older they get? They seem to only offer a little bit of cash at a time which makes it seem not worth it to me. The only way I've ever satisfied the 100k want is a lucky chance card and the buy/sell business exploit.

I haven't messed with them much myself for ages, but if I remember right, you get 1 measely simolean if you harvest while not gold or above, and 40 per tree if you are.

You pretty much have to have a whole grove of the damn things to make them worth bugging with, along with hacks in place (or locks) to keep everysim in the neighborhood from robbing the damn things.  I'm thinking Macrotastics also has a harvest the trees thing which would probably go a long way to making them less of a horrid little tedium and more almost worth placing on the lot too -unless I had another brain fart, which is always possible.  Tongue

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 September 15, 04:41:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you harvest 25, that's 1000 each time you harvest. That's a pretty good day's work, I'd say.

Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 September 15, 04:58:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If someone writes a novel and a different sim intercepts the phone call, who gets 'credit' for earning the money: the one who wrote the book or the one who "received" the call? I believe that someone gets credit for selling masterpieces that they haven't painted themselves.

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 September 15, 05:06:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@ dizzy -

I'm not saying money trees aren't worth getting, just that, without some hacks in place to help make them a bit less tedious and/or to prevent neigbor sims from looting them the first chance they get, they have too high an annoyance factor for me to bug with.

I may give them another go if they feel apropriate somewhere now that I'm using macrotastics and I'm pretty sure I've got the savethetrees hack in place, which would, as I said, decrease that annoyance greatly.

If someone writes a novel and a different sim intercepts the phone call, who gets 'credit' for earning the money: the one who wrote the book or the one who "received" the call? I believe that someone gets credit for selling masterpieces that they haven't painted themselves.

I believe the novel credit bug was fixed in the NL patch.

Maxoid Tom speaks.

So, unless I'm mistaken, if you don't have a patched version of NL (or presumably a patched later EP one would think), then the sim who answers gets the credit, but if you do then the sim who wrote it should get their proper due.

And yes, anyone can sell a masterpiece -regardless of who painted it.

-Kitt

Normally, my spiffy avatar-matched banner-thingy goes here.  Since no one else here seems to use those though, and I have nothing particularly witty to add, this space has been intentionally left (not entirely) blank.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 September 15, 05:52:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Novel Credit may be one of those "fixed but not fixed" bugs. No Plagiarism is apparently still listed as current....which means like many things Maxis claims to have fixed, they may have lied about it. I'll doublecheck it.

And yes, anyone can sell a masterpiece -regardless of who painted it.
Masterpiece selling is not as specific to the sim doing the selling because there's no blurb text suggesting that the sim actually owns the masterpiece that is being sold. Publishing novels is somewhat different.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
KittKitt
Garrulous Gimp

Blarg! Er, I mean, Meow?

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 September 15, 06:23:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Novel Credit may be one of those "fixed but not fixed" bugs. No Plagiarism is apparently still listed as current....which means like many things Maxis claims to have fixed, they may have lied about it. I'll doublecheck it.

*Facepalm*  D'oh.

You're probably correct.  I knew it'd been fixed, and when I searched that was what came up so my brain decided yeah, it musta gotten fixed in NL.

Checking again however, I do play with the No Plagiarism hack in place, so it was probably still borked otherwise.  My bad.  Every now and then I momentarily forget about all the individual shiny and awesome things that make up the DC.  Tongue

-Kitt

dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 September 15, 09:24:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A lot better than the "reach golden anniversary" one, which can't be achieved until the Sims are elders.

I like that one for family sims.  Transition to elder in green (or lower) aspiration, throw an anniversary party as soon as practical and then I have happy elders who don't live quite as long.  Suits me great.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 September 15, 10:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The drawback being they spend their teen and adult lives moody and sulking all the time, or annoying everyone else.

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 September 15, 10:35:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As most people in real life then.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 September 15, 10:58:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can see that there is an argument either way for including inheritance money in money earned...  but to no include scholarships is just downright ludicrous!

I think it's because of the way scholarships are handed out.  Sims never actually get the money handed over with the kaching sound and all that, they just leave their childhood home and when they enter the college the money is theirs.  The money counter probably needs to hear the "kaching".

Last time they calimed to have fixed it, I naïvely took out noplagarism and promptly had a sim steal his grandfather's novel.  I was very annoyed.
I'm keeping noplagarism until Pescado tells me I can remove it.
« Last Edit: 2006 September 15, 11:04:27 by Gwill » Logged

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 September 15, 11:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

although, there's a kaching with inheritances, but they aren't counted...
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: