More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 01:03:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Yes...I am retarded...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Yes...I am retarded...  (Read 4054 times)
cmdrjade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Yes...I am retarded...
« on: 2005 October 14, 04:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I generally just like to lurk around and laugh at the posts here, but now I have a question.

In one of my lots I was messing around with the "testingcheats" cheat and I think I spawned a Break Inducer or something.  I dunno, I was spawning a lot of things.  Anyway, I closed out of the game and went back to this house tonight and every frickin' thing I touch breaks.  The TV, the sink, the toilet (well, clogs), and the shower.  Needless to say, it's gotten old repairing everything over and over and over again.

I realize this is probably a REALLY stupid question, but I'm REALLY stupid when it comes to these things.  What the heck do I do to fix this??

If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
Re: Yes...I am retarded...
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 14, 05:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the "break suppressor" counteract that?
windy_moon
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 14, 11:19:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL, I did the exact same thing when I first started playing around with the testing cheats.

Took me a day to figure out why on Earth everything in that house was breaking.  Drove me nuts.  I kept calling the repairman and then having to call again and again.

Easily undone, you just do the reverse of the idiotic thing you did to get it to happen. Since I'm never touching that button again, I can't give you the step by step but it took me 30 seconds to figure it out, once I'd realized the dumb thing I'd done.

(Watching a whole house break down constantly is pretty amusing, if you push the button for entertainment purposes and not because you are less awesome than anyone else, like moi.)

Reality is for those who lack imagination.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 14, 11:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I never use testing cheats unless I absolutely have to, but I've had the same toilet break 3 times in a day - each time it was used, in fact, and the sim unclogging it had about 3-4 mech skill points!

On the other hand, when one of my beginner sims repairs the shower, but leaves a faulty water jet animation behind, it doesn't go wrong for days - just when I want to call the repairman to fix it so the animation disappears!  (I can't just replace the shower, the animation stays behind!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Hook
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 14, 12:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last time I had the leaking shower problem like that (my Sim fixed it but still had the animation), I forced error and hit reset and it quit leaking.  This was just a couple of days ago.  I've only had it once before, and it leaked forever, but wasn't broken enough to call a repairman.

Hook

If some is good and more is better, then too much ought to be just about right.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 14, 12:19:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the trouble, once that happens, it seems to limp along for days without breaking!

Zephyr Zodiac
cmdrjade
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 14, 15:33:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Would the "break suppressor" counteract that?

OH MY FREAKIN' GOODNESS.  Thank the Lord.  And you, of course  Smiley.  I guess it was just so obvious, I was too dumb to find that...

If pro is the opposite of con, what's the opposite of progress?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: