More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 09, 06:15:38

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fitness levels
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fitness levels  (Read 18035 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Fitness levels
« on: 2006 August 07, 04:41:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just have a quick and simple question. Has anyone ever had any real trouble with keeping sims in shape? Most of mine either work out for a few hours once they hit teen, or stay in the middle forever. It doesn't seem like a challenge.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fitness levels
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 07, 04:43:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only people who actually like food, since food is the only thing to decrease fitness. I hate food, so I refuse to feed sims until it's impossible to get them to do anything else.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 07, 05:34:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It can be a challenge with some sims, if you let them run wild.  I let mine cook and eat whatever they want.  One sims always makes lobster or pancakes.  I just let him stay fat, since he was in the culinary career track.  He ended up as a fat celebrity chef, which worked for me.

One reason a typical sim doesn't get fat is because their career track requires body points.  Even if you let them run pretty wild, you'll direct them to work out so they get a promotion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 07, 06:14:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't really see how you can sit there and do nothing, then complain that it was hard. Besides, food costs money, and food-eating is a filthy and barbaric practice anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 07, 06:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, dear. Did someone forget his medication today? Oh, right. They crush your pills and feed them to you with a spoonful of JAM.

nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 07, 06:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eating is an especially barbaric practice with my sloppy sims, who fling food everywhere when they eat.  I described one of them once as a "syrup fountain" when he was eating pancakes.

You'd think they would need to mop constantly.  Now there would be a drawback to sloppy sims, having food puddles on the floor.  Or course, that brings up the old issue of why sloppy sims care.

croiduire
Malodorous Moron

INTP

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 07, 06:39:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many of mine get fat (usually after one too many parties or too many cookie-snacks) but they tend to want to work out even if they don't have to and will either spawn the desire to use an exercise machine or just go over and use it autonomously, so they don't stay fat for long. The exception are my mommy-sims who usually get fat after about the third baby and don't have time to work out until the toddlers transition to children (this usually takes a while, since I play an extended life-span game--my moms usually have at least two or three toddlers and/or babies at any given time).

The reason that clichés become clichés is that they are the hammers and screwdrivers in the toolbox of communication.
   Guards! Guards! (Terry Pratchett)
ThyGuy
Exasperating Eyesore

HELP ME! I'M STUPID!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 07, 06:41:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had my sims be fat unless I made them fat to begin with. It's so retardedly easy to make sure they don't eat too much, plus pescado, and DJS's hacks make it impossible even for the slobbiest of sims to eat too much.

DEATH TO UGLY BEAGLE DOGS!
WALMART IS THE DEVIL!!!!!
I DEMAND THE FIERY DEATH OF CRYING BABIES!
Do us a favor? DIE, GO TO HEAVEN, STFU!
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 07, 07:53:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Crammyboy has a hack that stops sims from eating when they are full, not sure if it depends on personality though.

[edit] Yes he has, and it does Wink

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 August 07, 08:12:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without hacks: if the sim reaches 10 body skills, he gets full fitness. After that, check all the time the sim's fitness, and when it goes down, give him to work out about a hour or two.

With hacks: DMA, and Simslice,  have an object with the option "make all fit".
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2006 August 07, 08:25:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yoga is good too for sims who have filled all their body points. It doesn't make them too stinky or tired like using a workout machine would. Most of my sims do yoga to gain body points once they have filled 3. Unless I have a career reward that gives them body points Wink

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 August 07, 08:33:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just annoyed that the "Workout on exercise machine" want does not seem to be fulfilled by the new treadmill object.  Tongue
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 August 07, 09:00:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The concept of exercise machines in general baffles me. I am just utterly confused by strange people who get in their cars, drive to a gym, and then run on a treadmill. I mean, WHY? It only really makes any sense at all if you are a sim, and can only derive exercise from specific interactions. Otherwise, I simply cannot see why you would truly need an exercise machine. I mean, I have all manner of heavy bulky objects I can heft, lift, shove, push, and pull. I don't need a special exercise machine to push heavy objects around. I don't need a treadmill to run about. Hell, my sims always run anyway. Who needs a treadmill?

Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 August 07, 09:01:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Simmies always overeat...especially since I love stuffing them with cakes  Roll Eyes

Go Away
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 August 07, 09:02:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So what do you do for exercise, Pes?  When do you have time to exercise, when you're always online??
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 August 07, 09:04:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Simmies always overeat...especially since I love stuffing them with cakes  Roll Eyes
Cakes don't seem to produce inherent fitness loss just for eating them, so it's perfectly acceptable to feed a sim only cakes. Just don't blame me when they guillotine you for it.

So what do you do for exercise, Pes?  When do you have time to exercise, when you're always online??
I'm not always online. You and Venusy are here even more than I am. But remember, I have more hours per day than you do, since I DON'T SLEEP, unlike fat, lazy, Rainbow-type people. And the constant twitching is actually quite a workout. Other tricks you can try include arm-wrestling with yourself. It's twice as much the workout as arm-wrestling with someone else.

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 August 07, 09:18:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're always in chat, or at least you respond fairly quickly when someone yells at you.  Tongue
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2006 August 07, 12:32:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My Sims who get fat tend to be in the culinary track, or sometimes Science, because all those extra cooking points makes their food so rich.  Their kids tend to pile the weight on, too.  I've never had a Sim autonomously use an exercise machine though, unless it's a modified one, then the entire neighbourhood wants to use it.

I used to absolutely detest food, I can remember as a child wishing someone would invent a pill I could take every morning so I'd not have to eat.  I was particularly bad with meat and used to try to flush it down the toilet.  Even now I can't say that eating is at the top of my "Things I Like to Do" list, but I do enjoy Italian food.  I never realised that lack of interest in food was a Scorpio thing, but clearly it is.  As for sleeping, I put off going to bed until the very last minute, but then when I'm finally there it's almost impossible to get me out.  Luckily, I am one of those people who never put on weight, otherwise I would probably be fat as I never exercise (unless you count walking to the corner shop).

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 August 07, 13:16:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One thing I have seen mentioned here is the sim's activity level -- low activity sims seem to lose fitness faster, and they usually don't roll wants to get fit or to exercise. Besides, there's fat people in the world -- why shouldn't there be fat sims, too? Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 August 07, 13:53:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, Jsalemi, with low fitness, they get less day-lives (63-65), since they become elders, and with high fitness they can reach 78-80 day-lives. Observe General Grunt left days. I think he reaches 78 since he becomes elder.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 August 07, 14:05:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because, Jsalemi, with low fitness, they get less day-lives (63-65), since they become elders, and with high fitness they can reach 78-80 day-lives. Observe General Grunt left days. I think he reaches 78 since he becomes elder.

Well, that's pretty 'real-to-life' too, isn't it? Smiley Less fit folks generally don't live as long.

Besides, I play with TJ's life span adjuster hack, so that affects the elder stage so it isn't as long as originally programmed (it's affected more by asp level at the time of transition than anything else, I believe), so I don't think General Grant is going to make 78 (he's about to transition in my game, so we'll see) The way TS2 has it setup, the elder stage for the most part is too long, and pretty boring and stupid, unless the kids move back home to use grandpa or grandma as a free 'nanny'.  TJ's hack makes the adult stage longer (though not for pre-existing sims), which is more in line with RL where we don't become elders when we turn 55 or so. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 August 07, 14:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've only had one Sim in my game get fat, ever. That was only because I had forced all the family members to eat breakfast together in the morning, whether they were hungry or not. Of course, I had just begun playing the game and ended up making him become fit anyway. Now with all the Snapdragons I have laying around my Sims only have to eat once a day, if that. With the hack that prevents Sims from overeating, I can definitely say that it's not much of a problem.

My Sims who get fat tend to be in the culinary track, or sometimes Science, because all those extra cooking points makes their food so rich.  Their kids tend to pile the weight on, too.  I've never had a Sim autonomously use an exercise machine though, unless it's a modified one, then the entire neighbourhood wants to use it.

I used to absolutely detest food, I can remember as a child wishing someone would invent a pill I could take every morning so I'd not have to eat.  I was particularly bad with meat and used to try to flush it down the toilet.  Even now I can't say that eating is at the top of my "Things I Like to Do" list, but I do enjoy Italian food.  I never realised that lack of interest in food was a Scorpio thing, but clearly it is.  As for sleeping, I put off going to bed until the very last minute, but then when I'm finally there it's almost impossible to get me out.  Luckily, I am one of those people who never put on weight, otherwise I would probably be fat as I never exercise (unless you count walking to the corner shop).

Even my Sims who are in the culinary track or have unbelievably high cooking skills remain terribly skinny. That and, as far as I know, Scorpio is seemingly the only sign that will willingly deprive themselves of something others seem to enjoy. Of course, there are many other aspects to astrology than just sun signs. Anyway, I best not derail this thread with all the crap I know about astrology.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 August 07, 15:51:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that affects how many days a sim has to live is their aspiration level at transition.  Nothing else matters.  I thought you'd been hanging around Pescado long enough to know that.  Smiley
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 August 07, 17:04:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only thing that affects how many days a sim has to live is their aspiration level at transition.  Nothing else matters.  I thought you'd been hanging around Pescado long enough to know that.  Smiley

Rainbow, observe Mortimer, and Olive Specter, compared to General Grunt: Olive dies at 63 years old, Mortimer - at 65; both of them with low fitness. But Grunt reaches 72-78 years, with full fitness. It has nothing to do with aspiration. All my created sims, with 10 body skills, live until 72-75 years.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 August 07, 17:08:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, that's nonsense. The reason some sims live longer, while others drop dead at 6X, is because CAS elders don't benefit from the aspirational boost at aging, and thus receive a random, unadjusted duration. A sim that ages platinum gets +10 days. Fitness has zero effect on a sim's maximum age.

Pay no attention to the dumb Gali-type person.

Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: