More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 June 01, 19:02:33

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540275 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  TS1 - 'cause I can't be the *only* one...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: TS1 - 'cause I can't be the *only* one...  (Read 9881 times)
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: TS1 - 'cause I can't be the *only* one...
« Reply #25 on: 2006 August 25, 03:15:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh I couldn't stand playing Sims 1 again after getting used to Sims 2.  I missed all the awesome hacks, and like MyPrecious said, I hated that every single day was the same, no days off work, no weekends for kids, and I hated how babies arrived.  And babies were an absolute pain.  I was so scared that the social worker would come take it away, and it was more nerve-wracking than fun.  But I enjoy babies and toddlers in Sims 2.  It's so much more realistic.  And I love the fact that children can grow up and carry on the family line.  I have a hard time letting them die, but that is how life is, and it's fun seeing your sims leave a legacy even if you're not playing a challenge.  I've been playing TS2 since it first came out, and although I've gotten a little bored at times, I am still playing it almost every day.  I was obsessed with TS1 when I first got it, but I got bored with it rather quickly in comparison.
idtaminger
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: TS1 - 'cause I can't be the *only* one...
« Reply #26 on: 2006 August 25, 05:09:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The moment I got TS2, I just couldn't go back to TS1. But the first game did have its moments.

Heaven forbid you don't let them sleep till their energy meter fills all the way (another thing to throw a tantrum over).

Omg. I'd forgotten all about that. The bitching was the worst. You'd wake them up to try to get them to work on time, only to have the kvetching take up half an hour, just enough for the carpool to squeak by as your sim runs to the sidewalk. And that reaction! Gahh!

My Sims1 game was hacked to an inch of its programming, real (well close) hands, beds, coffee, etc etc…

Same here, although there really wasn't all that much to hack. Aside from the drive you crazy annoyances, gameplay just wasn't deep enough to really play around w/ different alterations.

I MISS Bunny Wuffles and Persimmon Grove. Their stuff was amazing. Yes, Sims 1 was sometimes more CAD program than game, but I loved it. Does anyone else fondly remember the Brunel Theme...or Koromo's Royal Pavilion? Or the pheasants?

I do remember Persimmon Grove. Loved their stuff. I had a lot of fun building gardens w/ their stuff. And the farm animals. Lol. They shat more than anything else, but they were still a lot of fun.

I also remember there was one time when Roman themed stuff was quite the rage. I d/ed a gorgeous villa and tons of fabulous greco-roman objects, and I even played a house in theme, w/ patricians and their slaves and everything. But there's not enough quality greco-roman furnishings for TS2, not to mention, it's a lot harder playing in theme in TS2, what w/ the constant walkbys and intrusions that remind you that it's the 21st century.

And the Maxis stuff too. I loved the bear rug. The champagne toast on the rug was just too cute. And as much as Vacation sucked, I really miss the snow. The bear rug just wouldn't have been as cozy w/out the warm fire inside and blankets of snow outside.

And that ghastly looking love bed. Lol. I had a lot of fun w/ that. Really went well w/ my Moulin Rouge-type brothel. Also very adaptable to a low-rent Vegas motel theme.

Is it just me, or were TS1 objects more imaginative on the whole? As nice as some of the TS2 stuff is, 90% of it is just different takes on major design styles. Where are the Persimmon Groves for the TS2 era?
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: