More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 17:25:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs  (Read 20843 times)
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs
« on: 2006 June 23, 06:41:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just curious if anyone manage to fulfil multiple LTWs (e.g "Be General" and "Owe 5 Top Ranked Businesses.")
Can you share on how long your simmie takes to fulfil these? I know that for some LTWs such as Earn $100,000 is now a piece of cake with OFB so no need to share on this  Cheesy

How about those 'impossible' to fulfil LTWs such as "Have 50 First Dates?" or have "50 Dreams Dates?" And "20 Simulanteous Lovers"?
How do you fulfil them and how long your simmie takes?

I have tried so hard to fulfil the 20 lovers LTW with my fav vampire but despite him living a few lifetimes that of normal sims, he still cannot achieve it.He gains one lover, he loses the other lover ...it is exceedingly difficult without cheats. I only manages to hook on 15 lovers so far and I am so tired.

How about you? Can you do these without cheats?

Go Away
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Fulfiling Multiple LTWs/'Impossible' LTWs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 23, 06:59:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am just curious if anyone manage to fulfil multiple LTWs (e.g "Be General" and "Owe 5 Top Ranked Businesses.")
Job LTWs are fairly trivial...too trivial, with Uni and without Harder Jobs. Just graduate, get the relevant job, and the first day at work you're promoted immediately and that's it. Nothing to it.

Own 5 Top Ranked Businesses is a catch. You don't truly need *5* businesses, you just need to achieve level 10 5 times. It will, more often than not, require far less than 5, due to "Wobble": When a business achieves a new level, it's usually only precariously hanging onto that level, and will often lose and gain a star a few times before stabilizing. Customers routinely lose a star shortly after gaining it, only to gain it back again with the next action. This will result in the business producing multiple "Top Ranked Business" memories, which is what the LTW actually counts, not the actual number of businesses owned. So on one hand, it's harder than just buying 5 existing businesses, but easier than actually building 5 businesses. This is somewhat of an exploit, but fundamentally unavoidable since the wobble will do it to you whether you want to or not.

How about those 'impossible' to fulfil LTWs such as "Have 50 First Dates?" or have "50 Dreams Dates?" And "20 Simulanteous Lovers"?
50 First Dates and 50 Dream Dates are fundamentally impractical. 50 First Dates can be done through crash dating where you just ask anyone and everyone for one, then immediately end it, but I see this approach as fundamentally insincere, although not as bad as the 100K exploit. 50 Dream Dates is an LTW based on pure tedium, since you could just chain it over and over on a community lot, with no real risk, using the tailing wants of the first date to jumpstart the next date (With the exact same person, no less, since they don't leave after dates!). It's easy enough to do if you really want to. It is unknown whether this means your sim will be dropping by your lot for the next week or so to deliver 50 tons of crappy dateflowers, though.

I have tried so hard to fulfil the 20 lovers LTW with my fav vampire but despite him living a few lifetimes that of normal sims, he still cannot achieve it.He gains one lover, he loses the other lover ...it is exceedingly difficult without cheats. I only manages to hook on 15 lovers so far and I am so tired.
20 Lovers is simple enough if you have critical mass in terms of available sims to fall in love with without wrecking your neighborhood, especially if you have Networking 4 that lets you cold-call anyone to start.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 23, 07:06:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

JM noted the thing about the 5 top level businesses.  I have fulfilled it thanks to the little "glitch" that allows you to do so w/o owning 5 businesses.  My sim did however own 3 successful ones so I consider that quite an accomplishment Wink

20 lovers I managed one time only w/o the help of cheating (such as love beds, casual woohoo mods & the like)  I did it once and swore I was never going to do it again (w/o cheating anyways).  A lot of work IMO. 

50 1st dates/ 50 dream dates will never happen with me.  I am definitely not that focused.  I try to choose aspirations randomly just for my own amusement but I usually try to avoid Pleasure sims at all costs unless they roll up a career related LTW.  And their regular wants suck.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 23, 08:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

20 lovers is best done while at uni - a community motel is a good idea too!  Your sim can go to the motel, invite whoever he/she wants to woohoo over (need a mobile phone) and now that the visitor zapper is updated you can use the "lady who hates lovers" painting to ban all their other lovers from turning up uninvited and throwing a wobbly!

The bonus is that they can gain a skill or two, or write a term paper, when they get bored with woohoos!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 23, 12:28:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have two couples working on 50 dream dates in my main hood...we're getting close...I think. Especially since Kendra and Louis have more time on their hands now. I did it on the home lot to make it go faster...and well...this is the progress made so far. Note how the flowers are going inside the house.

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 23, 12:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always stick them into the inventory!  (Has your sim been given an expensive telescope yet?  One of my teens got one on his first date - and what a Romance sim would want with one, I have yet to work out!)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 June 23, 12:38:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(Has your sim been given an expensive telescope yet?  One of my teens got one on his first date - and what a Romance sim would want with one, I have yet to work out!)

A chance for some, umm, extraterrestrial action, maybe?  Cheesy

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 June 23, 12:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not quite sure about that - I think his star sign is really more compatible with knowledge than romance, but well, his parents are romance and popularity, and I didn't really want a knowledge sim in that household!  But the girlfriend who gave it to him is pleasure, and she's very mixed up - I mean, she went to college and wanted to take TWO majors!

Zephyr Zodiac
Lythdan
Lipless Loser

Fingers in ears!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2006 June 23, 12:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Put them into the inventory? But it's so much more fun this way! I want to see how long it will take for the house to fill up with roses. Tongue

Photobucket has a dirty mind.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 June 23, 12:58:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I don't go in for dating much!  This way, I know which flowers were given to which sim!  So then I know whose turn it is to ask for a date!

Zephyr Zodiac
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 June 23, 13:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm...there's a potential for a flower shop: "Almost Used Roses: buy two for the price of one!"

Let the Beast inside you free!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 23, 13:29:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I couldn't manage to make the gift flowers sellable, though. I put them on shelves, propped them on the floors. I just couldn't sell them so I deleted them and got the money Smiley
DrBeast
Pinheaded Pissant

Still they're marching on...

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 23, 13:36:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hm...to be honest, I've never tried, but I think you can mark pretty much anything as sellable with the Sell Tool. Ask Pescado, he's the Master Of Weird Sales!  Wink

Let the Beast inside you free!
blubug
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 June 23, 13:39:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought everthing was sellable too, but that was a buggy lot, perhaps that was the case. I could sell quite easily every other gift item my sim got, dj booths, hottubs, telescopes. I made a thrift shop for my pleasure sims' ex's presents Smiley (and I downloaded a remake of those roses from somewhere, I can sell those from catalog)
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2006 June 23, 15:32:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the 20 Lovers want...Once the other Sim is at a level where they can kiss, have the Sims sit on the couch and peck, peck, peck your way up to love. You get two lifetime relationship points for every peck when they are nested in the couch interaction. If the Sims are already best friends it takes no time at all. Also remember that the other Sims don't have to stay in love, only your Sim does.

50 Dream Dates is also fairly easy if the Sims are in love and live on the same lot. Do the preliminary date interactions. Once you get to makeout, it's cake as they will always spin the woohoo want, which brings you up to Dream Date immediately. Since they get big motive boosts from the Dream Date, you can do several back to back easily.
Jysudo
Nitwitted Nuisance

Super Shooter

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 June 23, 15:43:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for everyone's tips so far  Smiley However you guys seem to be describing 20 woo hoos and not 20 lovers.

I am not using cheats and when I gain one lover, I lose one lover due to social r/s decay. Do you guys face the same problem? Its very frustrating. I am getting so tired.

And using the same business and getting it up to level 10 five times is an exploit and I don't like that. Anyone fulfil it before, doing the hard way? I have problems making my sims maintain more than 3 businesses as it is already.

Is it seriously so hard to play an honest game to fulfil these wants? Arrrgh  Angry

Go Away
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2006 June 23, 15:48:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you don't have to own each business at the same time. Sell a business and start from scratch. =)

Also, on 20 sim. loves. Their advice still stands. Just get them all in love with you and move on to the next. You have to perform a lil bit a maintenance to keep up with the relationship decay, but nothing a few phone calls or emails can't fix.

And besides, if you're really playing a romance sim, then just like real life, they would call an old fling and try to get into their pants again.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
IcemanTO
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 June 23, 16:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

50 First Dates and 50 Dream Dates are fundamentally impractical. 50 First Dates can be done through crash dating where you just ask anyone and everyone for one, then immediately end it, but I see this approach as fundamentally insincere, although not as bad as the 100K exploit. 50 Dream Dates is an LTW based on pure tedium, since you could just chain it over and over on a community lot, with no real risk, using the tailing wants of the first date to jumpstart the next date (With the exact same person, no less, since they don't leave after dates!). It's easy enough to do if you really want to. It is unknown whether this means your sim will be dropping by your lot for the next week or so to deliver 50 tons of crappy dateflowers, though.

Maybe there is a chance that Mr. JM Pescado would be so gentle to think about a mod or a global hack that reduces the number of first/dream dates to something reasonable, as 5 or 10?
Ice

The only real purpose of IceFall Climbing is to grab enough ice for my Martini.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 June 23, 16:49:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am not using cheats and when I gain one lover, I lose one lover due to social r/s decay. Do you guys face the same problem? Its very frustrating. I am getting so tired.
It's not so bad with the AutoYak: The maintenance doesn't get any easier, but you don't have to manually check to see who needs to be called next and click about 5 times to do it, just dispatch the entire thing in one stroke, automatically.

And using the same business and getting it up to level 10 five times is an exploit and I don't like that. Anyone fulfil it before, doing the hard way? I have problems making my sims maintain more than 3 businesses as it is already.
You can't really AVOID this, simply because stars fluctuate, thus causing most businesses to wobble the level a few times anytime it gains a new level. Even if you're not trying to exploit it, it happens on its own, so on average you tend to only need 2-3 actual businesses.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 June 23, 16:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

5 or 10 is too easy. 20 is nice. That's a decent amount of time for a couple to go out on dates for.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 June 24, 01:13:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Prima Guide says you can't mark roses received on dates for sale.  I assume that goes for flaming bags of poo.  I wonder if someone can make a hack that lets you sell date roses?

Jysudo, if you're not using the woohoo bed or anything to allow woohoos below the normal level, then your sims would have to be in love before they can woohoo.  Sims get a red heart at +70 LTR, if a romantic interaction occurs.  They don't have to actually woohoo, but they usually want to by that time.  Also, sims will not lose their red heart if the relationship decays below +70 LTR unless they interact.  AutoYak makes it easier to maintain relationships, and I don't see this as a cheat, but if you don't want to use this for some reason, as long as the two sims don't interact, they'll keep their red heart.  But if the relationship has decayed too far below +70, they will lose their red heart with the next interaction, and you'll have to build up the relationship again.  I've heard people say that they have been able to keep their sims from losing their red heart if one of their lovers catches them cheating by canceling the "Slap" interaction from their sim's queue.  I'm not sure if this still works.  Personally, I find this LTW too much trouble without the Romance mod.  I've had several sims now reach their LTW for 20 woohoos and 20 lovers, but most of them were already perma-platinum from the Slacker career or some other career LTW. 
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 June 24, 01:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for everyone's tips so far  Smiley However you guys seem to be describing 20 woo hoos and not 20 lovers.

Is it seriously so hard to play an honest game to fulfil these wants? Arrrgh  Angry

I was talking about lovers but I brought up the woohoo beds and casual woohoo mods b/c well..that's an easy way to build up the relationship score really quickly!

I never had a problem with losing lovers.  I had a sim that died not to long ago, he had fulfilled his 20 lovers want and he never lost them through out his entire life but I never let him have anymore contact with them.  Of course the relationship went down, but he remained in love with them, as long as I didn't let him talk to them.  If one called on the phone or something, he would almost immediatly fall out of love with them b/c the relationship score was low and one negative conversation would plummet it down.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: 2006 June 24, 03:32:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always get rid of LTW's like this if they roll-up.  There is NO WAY I am going to go for 50 dates of any kind, I find it all far too boring.  I rarely send mine on dates and when I do it's usually for a specific purpose.  I have a mod in now that allows any LTW for any aspiration (non-awesome, I think it's Squinge's) and what I do now is check their interests, then keep re-rolling until they get one that fits them.  Because I also have the Uni ones now as well, they have a wider choice.  If their main interest is Paranormal, they go for that, if it's Food, they go for Culinary, and so on.  That way, they meet a bigger variety of aspirations through their jobs and aren't always bringing home they same old faces.  I rarely let them go for non-career ones until they've fulfilled a career one, that way I can get them into one of the higher-paying careers later in life, where they can stay and earn the better money while they're working on something non-career related.  The only exception is with the 20 Best Friends, which they can easily fulfil while still at Uni.  I've had a few earn $100,000 before fulfilling their career wants, which is a pain, due to chance-card bonuses.  Cassandra did that the day before she turned elder, which means she won't go perma-plat now until the next time she goes to work and becomes a Mad Scientist.

What I hate most is the fact that when they sell a business, they always get a false Earned $100,000 memory.  It's stopping me selling businesses now.  They don't actually earn this money at all (as it was theirs to start with, when they bought the business0, but the game acts as if it's new money.  To explain what I mean, Sim buys business for $60,000, using money belonging to him and the 3 other Sims he shares with.  Let's assume his personal earnings from that were $15,000 and his total life earnings (adding what is left that wasn't used to buy the business) are $25,000.  He builds the business up and sells it for $120,000, half of which is profit.  He has therefore earned $60,000 from the business, which added to the $25,000 he'd earned up to buying it, means his total life earnings are $85,000.   The game doesn't see it that way, however, it sees him as having earned over $100,000 because it includes the original $60,000 used to buy the business.  To me, this is totally ludicrous and also completely illogical.  Quite why they haven't fixed this in a patch I have no idea.  I have tried removing the memory, but it must be stored somewhere else because it didn't work. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 June 24, 04:07:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed in one of my home businesses that one of the kids was sleeping and I happened to notice that he had a memory icon over his head.  I paused and focused on him, and it was a simoleon sign.  Looking at his memories, he had just received a memory of earning $500, I believe it was.  He had a prior memory of earning $100.  This isn't right.  He didn't really earn that money, his father did.  Usually kids don't get those kinds of memories because they can't actually earn money until they become teens.  I suppose they could on the easel painting but they don't spin up wants to earn money.  I can see all sorts of problems with this.  For one thing, it is going to entirely throw off the "Earn $100,000" want for Fortune sims.  I'm not sure what else, but it can't be good.   Undecided  Has anyone else noticed this?
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 June 24, 04:28:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The earning money thing is completely screwy with OFB that is for sure.

One of my sims owned a successful robot shop.  I sold Servos for I think it was 25k each since they were such a pain to craft.  His children were the cashiers of the shop since it was a family business.  Well after ringing up the servo buyers he had attained the memory of earned 100k despite the fact that he had actually made no money at all, it was his father's shop, and his father's profits.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: