More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 14:53:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Incest: When you love your mother too much
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Incest: When you love your mother too much  (Read 18275 times)
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
Re: Incest: When you love your mother too much
« Reply #25 on: 2007 October 20, 08:55:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, the family tree is obviously screwed - it's just fortunate mum is an elder or there just might be some very wierd offspring!  Maybe it's time she moved out into an old folks bungalow?
The mother's dead now, so it doesn't really matter anymore  Tongue and as I said in a previous post, they didn't have any romantic options between each other; just the regular family ones (friendly hug, family kiss, no bed options).

My hood (or even just the particular lot) has been getting extremely glitchy lately. I've started getting the jaggedy line bubbles (but I do have the fix for it  Undecided) and then sims use objects that aren't there, eg. a sim was using a bubble blower in the kitchen, but the bubble blower is outside.

This glitch just amused me  Cheesy luckily I'm up to generation eight in my legacy, so I can scrap the hood soon.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 October 20, 12:07:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I imagine you've tried cleaning out all the junk memories and trash from the family, particularly gossip left behind with the dead?

Zephyr Zodiac
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 October 20, 12:39:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, I've done that. And I did see a post here where someone mentioned that the jaggedy line bubbles could also come from that (the clearing).

As long as the hood holds up to generation 10, I'm not going to start panicking about borkedness yet.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 October 20, 12:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I use the options available on the debugger and I've never seen any jaggedy line bubbles as a result.  I used to get them associated with furiousness, I think it was, and cleaning out furious tokens and furious reverses in SimPE would get rid of them.  I would suggest, if you haven't done so already, that you get rid of all those tokens, they make for a lot of glitchiness and slowdowns if your sims are still furious, but if they aren't, then I think the tokens are supposed to delete themselves, but frequently they don't.  (Something like that, anyway.)

Zephyr Zodiac
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 October 20, 14:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm pretty sure Syberspunk has a hack to fix that furious reverse business.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 October 20, 17:48:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*Off to search Syberspunk's stuff"

If it also stops them getting the tokens, then I shall definitely try it!  (I have Paladin's Stop All Attraction Reactions, which is fine, but I still need to nuke attraction markers as, although the sims don't appear to react, they still spawn the token.)

Well, I couldn't find it here at MATY, so maybe I'll check and see if it's at MTS2 next time I'm in the mood.
« Last Edit: 2007 October 20, 17:54:39 by ZephyrZodiac » Logged

Zephyr Zodiac
Swiftgold
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 October 21, 00:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I made a really inbred family line just to see what would happen, but since Sims are Sims I didn't get any interesting deformities, just the kids looking more and more like the original (vampire) father. Funnily enough, one of the fourth inbred generation has brown eyes from her great-grandmother despite all the reintroducing of the blue eyes of her father/great-grandfather. I'm getting tired of the vampire, though, so I think he's done contributing his genes to the line Tongue
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 October 21, 00:52:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, despite the patch, I'm getting still getting some oddities in the haircolours (I mostly use custom eyes, so that's not so noticeable) such as a dark-haired sim and a light or red-haired sim having a red-haired baby.  I also have one couple, he has brown hair (Maxis) while she has black (also Maxis).  They've had two sets of twins, the first both girls, and both were Gemini (usually twins in my game appear by RL standards to have been born 2 or 3 months apart!) with very similar features, but one has black hair, the other brown.  They were followed into the world a few days later by another set of twins, boy and girl this time, which rarely happens in my game.

Sim genetics is wierd, and the rules change with each EP, I think!

Zephyr Zodiac
Doc Doofus
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 October 21, 01:40:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inbred deformities...

The weirdest deformities seem to come from mixtures, really, of different dominant features.  In fact, if you have a nice looking couple that keep bearing ugly-as-crap kids, you can edit the dominant features out of their DNA using Simpe (assuming that Simpe is available for you -- us folks with BV are out of luck at the moment.)

Suggestion to any EA programmers if you are listening: in Sims 3, if you still have "dominant features," try to at least line the feature up vertically on the face using an average.  As it is, a child inheriting a dominant nose can have it placed way too high or low on the face, ending up looking like donald duck. 

Medusa stared at the two creatures approaching her across the Piazza and, instantly recognizing them as Spanish Gorgons, attempted to stall them by greeting them in their native tongue, "Gorgons, Hola!"
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 October 21, 02:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True, all the best junk from TSR! Wink  And Aikea Guinea and Gelydh's clothing for that trashed, "I slept in the park" look. 

And that's just exactly what I was looking for, I think - trashed look clothing.  Seriously, I am finding it difficult to run beachcomber sims wearing Prada and Yves St-Laurent.  (What, you're going down the beach in those heels?)

I have a couple of torn jeans outfits for boys and girls, but not nearly enough.  They can't all dress as pirates (well, OK they can, but what sort of a life is that?).  I will check out TSR. 

@zazazu: The box beds are great.  Cheers for the linky.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 October 21, 03:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are some kids' clothes at The Strawberry Patch that are worn and faded.  You can also get some of Rabid Angel's clothing at Sims Connection in the freebies, if you don't mind the body-builder arms.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 October 21, 04:01:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The weirdest deformities seem to come from mixtures, really, of different dominant features.  In fact, if you have a nice looking couple that keep bearing ugly-as-crap kids, you can edit the dominant features out of their DNA using Simpe (assuming that Simpe is available for you -- us folks with BV are out of luck at the moment.)
Unfortunately, this hasn't really worked for me. In the story linked above, you can see the craptastic mix of features Blythe got. I gave her plastic surgery to another face template. I then went into SimPE and removed every dominant reference. First baby still had the enormous forehead, etc. Then I went and replaced all of her geometric data for her face with the template's data. Still funky kids. I probably missed some random reference somewhere...I do that.  Cool

Well, despite the patch, I'm getting still getting some oddities in the haircolours (I mostly use custom eyes, so that's not so noticeable) such as a dark-haired sim and a light or red-haired sim having a red-haired baby.  I also have one couple, he has brown hair (Maxis) while she has black (also Maxis).  They've had two sets of twins, the first both girls, and both were Gemini (usually twins in my game appear by RL standards to have been born 2 or 3 months apart!) with very similar features, but one has black hair, the other brown.  They were followed into the world a few days later by another set of twins, boy and girl this time, which rarely happens in my game.
For the dark-haired/red-haired combo, was the dark-haired sim a CAS sim? If not, depending on parentage, they could have been carrying a red/blond recessive gene. When you have testingcheats enabled and are on the lot, type "SimDNA SIMNAME" in the cheat console and see what it says for hair. I haven't noticed anything displaying incorrectly since BV, and genetics is something I'm focusing on (trying to keep red/blond hair alive as well as these recessive custom gray-green eyes).

As for twins, I have the trip/quad hack set to 6% twins/3% triplets/ 2% quads. Blythe was my last pre-BV played sim. Her first six was a set of twins, a multiple birth bug set of twins, and another set of twins. My first post-BV sim had a set of twins. Luckily, since then, all singles. "My" triplets were intentional...triplets kind of run in my family, so I wanted my self-sim to have them.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 October 21, 08:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For the dark-haired/red-haired combo, was the dark-haired sim a CAS sim? If not, depending on parentage, they could have been carrying a red/blond recessive gene. When you have testingcheats enabled and are on the lot, type "SimDNA SIMNAME" in the cheat console and see what it says for hair. I haven't noticed anything displaying incorrectly since BV, and genetics is something I'm focusing on (trying to keep red/blond hair alive as well as these recessive custom gray-green eyes).

As for twins, I have the trip/quad hack set to 6% twins/3% triplets/ 2% quads. Blythe was my last pre-BV played sim. Her first six was a set of twins, a multiple birth bug set of twins, and another set of twins. My first post-BV sim had a set of twins. Luckily, since then, all singles. "My" triplets were intentional...triplets kind of run in my family, so I wanted my self-sim to have them.

Totally clean hood, all sims of first generation are CAS - but in the case of Milton and Marie-Louise, Marie-Louise was a CAS townie along with one sister and two brothers (since CAS, genetically not so, of course).

No twin hacks of any kind, no cheesecake either.  She just has twins, and twins, and I'm waiting to see what happens next time she gets pregnant!  (but she did get that pregnancy modifier that a lot of townies get.....)

Zephyr Zodiac
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: 2007 October 21, 08:29:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Inbred deformities...

Suggestion to any EA programmers if you are listening: in Sims 3, if you still have "dominant features," try to at least line the feature up vertically on the face using an average.  As it is, a child inheriting a dominant nose can have it placed way too high or low on the face, ending up looking like donald duck. 
Ha, I had a sim born whose mother has a "longer" face than the father and got this. And it didn't get much better with aging either, though things looked up a bit when she was a teen, but it went back downhill after that.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 October 21, 08:40:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ha, I had a sim born whose mother has a "longer" face than the father and got this. And it didn't get much better with aging either, though things looked up a bit when she was a teen, but it went back downhill after that.

Could be worse, I suppose, but not by much.....I've had a few born-in-game kids who've had to hide behind face-paints from toddlers on - until plastic surgery becomes an option (but unfortunately, of course, gene therapy is not yet available as a career reward!) Cry

Zephyr Zodiac
squish
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: 2007 October 21, 09:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Face paint! Why didn't I think of that? I just picked out a long hair that covered most of the face to cover it up.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 October 21, 09:09:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I like using face-paint for kids - makes them look like they've just had a fun day out!  But in a "normal" hood, it looks stupid on adults, so then I have to do something about the button nose and the upper lip that nearly reaches the cheekbones!

Zephyr Zodiac
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 October 21, 10:29:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could be worse, I suppose, but not by much.....I've had a few born-in-game kids who've had to hide behind face-paints from toddlers on - until plastic surgery becomes an option (but unfortunately, of course, gene therapy is not yet available as a career reward!) Cry

There's a tutorial at MTS2 on how to change the sim's genetics after plastic surgery, so that they'll pass on the new facial features instead of the old.  Nervous always gets this surgery now - he had twins once in my game and the ugliness bred true for at least 3 generations after that.  Since then I've never allowed him to breed without changing his genetics first.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 October 21, 10:34:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know it can be done in SimPE - but I want the gene therapy table......... Wink

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 October 21, 16:54:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a tutorial at MTS2 on how to change the sim's genetics after plastic surgery, so that they'll pass on the new facial features instead of the old.  Nervous always gets this surgery now - he had twins once in my game and the ugliness bred true for at least 3 generations after that.  Since then I've never allowed him to breed without changing his genetics first.
*laughs at self* I knew I was missing something. I was changing just the files for the sim herself, not the genes. Ah well. At least #11 (once lotfullofsims is updated) and Rylie's kids won't be freaks.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 November 15, 15:06:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where did you get the triplets and quads download from?! I'd love to get that if you could please!!??

Our search engine - let me show you it.  Top of page - it has the word "Search" in large friendly letters.  Or, you can read the stickies in the Podium.  The hack you seek is available from Twojeffs at the Inteenimator site - see thread in the Podium section here called "Twojeffs has left the building"

If you plan on staying around here in any sort of comfort, I advise strongly you read the FAQ and demonstrate some independent search competence.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: