More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 08, 09:18:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Weekly Goals in game?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Weekly Goals in game?  (Read 5877 times)
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
Weekly Goals in game?
« on: 2008 March 04, 22:41:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember reading or hearing before free time came out that sims would have weekly goals or something.  Now i can't find anything like that in the game so was this just bull?  Pretty sure i already know what the answer is but can't hurt to ask.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: Weekly Goals in game?
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 04, 23:04:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had pop-ups at varying points in the week that say things like "Booyah! This past week has been awesome! I gotta keep it up!" or something to that effect but I haven't seen anything in the UI that points to a specific goal.

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 04, 23:18:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd like to know more about this too. I have had those messages as well and wonder what use they are supposed to be. Does anybody know what the criteria for having good weeks is or if it is even a useful thing?

And when my sims are on comm-lots I will sometimes get the message, "Oh this week wasn't so great! Maybe next week will be better!" or somesuch. It is very annoying.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 04, 23:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I could be wrong but i believe those messages are based on how many aspiration points you gain during that week.  Of course it could be mood dependant too but i think its more likely Eaxis made it based on aspiration that way sims can pee themselves and starve to death and still have a good week.

As for the goals i believe it was supposed to be something like random hobby goals like make x amounts of item.  Tinker with x amount of items ect.  Although when i think about it for all i know it was that moron who said it that also said grilled cheese was a new aspiration so yeah.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 05, 03:38:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

According to Prima Guide it is aspiration based.  You will get different messages according to what level your aspiration bar is at that moment.  You are awarded the most points for Platimum and so on.  It doesn't matter if you are red all week as long as you have a high score at that time.  It is exactly seven days from when you started playing them.
gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 05, 03:41:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Points as in LTA points? So the goal is to be in a platinum mood at the same time every week?  Roll Eyes

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 05, 16:34:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got the message that said that this week was not so hot.  Hopefully next week will be better.  Apparently I'm doin' it wrong.

Tribulatio proxima est
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 05, 16:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far I've only gotten that message for one of my sims, the other never pipes in about how her week was.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 05, 17:27:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Points as in LTA points? So the goal is to be in a platinum mood at the same time every week?  Roll Eyes
Okey I got out the manual.  At the top of every hour your sims daily aspiration is calculated and they are given lifetime aspiration points according to their level.  At the end of the week their daily aspiration is calculated and their need decay is adjusted for the next week(the higher your aspiration,the lower your needs will be).  These weeks accumilate so several bad weeks can undo a good week.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2008 March 05, 17:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelendra. I've noticed that the Sims don't get the message at the same time, even CAS-ones who were all created together. Mine seem to be triggered by filling a want around that time.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
Jelenedra
The New "Gay"
Whiny Wussy

Evil Mastermind BehindTorturing Emo 12s

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2008 March 05, 18:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, that might explain it, the one that never gets popups are at work at the time.

Quote from: reggikko
Quote from: J. M. Pescado
Why are all these damn hippies on my website?
We are on your forum, taking over your world and making your children gay.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2008 March 05, 18:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just got the message that said that this week was not so hot.  Hopefully next week will be better.  Apparently I'm doin' it wrong.

Or right-depends how happy you want your sims to be Grin

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2008 March 05, 19:12:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jelendra. I've noticed that the Sims don't get the message at the same time, even CAS-ones who were all created together. Mine seem to be triggered by filling a want around that time.
You are right.  It calculates after your Sims reroll their wants(after the 7 days are up).
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: