More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 14, 05:31:48

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  faceless guy
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: faceless guy  (Read 23362 times)
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
faceless guy
« on: 2006 January 05, 18:18:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A sim teen boy's face suddenly disappeared when I loaded the game after a few days break. He has a custom skin, but I didn't delete anything from the game during the time. I'm not sure, but I think I have other sims with the same skin in the game but they are not affected.

What can I do? Sad Is there a way to change his skin or something?

I wanted to attach pics but apparently that's not allowed. Anyway, the shape of his face is there and it's all blue, sometimes it moves a bit too slow.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: faceless guy
« Reply #1 on: 2006 January 05, 18:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you use a default Maxis head, or a custom head?

I would think that if you get the plastic surgery for teens hack, you could use the plastic surgery table (buyable collection) to give him a new one.

Zephyr Zodiac
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 January 05, 18:24:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't feel so comfortable, as it is the second time I recommend: download for 24 hours the Enhanser, choose "character", and click on "Fix Tumbnail". When you enter the game, it will generate the face. If it was a custom skin, it will choose default one.

Or, go first to the mirror, and order "change appereance" - may be that will help.
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 January 05, 18:30:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had that but it was when I grew adult CAS people back into a teen or child with the insimenator Just click on a mirror and click change appearence you don't even have to change it and when it laods back up the guy should have a face again.
Ellie
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 January 05, 18:37:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thank you, changing appearance helped Smiley

i should have thought of that myself.
Kristalrose
Feckless Fool

I'll do anything for my kids!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 January 05, 18:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just wondering out-loud:

I wonder if this problem is related to the "charred face" problem that occurs from time to time?  After a Sim gets a survivable shock via an electircal appliance, their face becomes blackened.  Sometimes, even after taking a shower, their face stays charred.  The player has to use the mirror to "Change Appearence" to get it to go away.
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

'cause I don't have anything else...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2006 January 05, 21:35:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an alien teen lose his face at one point.  I'd change his appearance and the problem would come back again whenever he came home from school or work.  He went from having an alien face to having a default human face at the end of his teen years.  Makes a handsome guy though, when he went off to college the problem ceased and he had a human face with alien skin and eyes.   Grin

Poster Formerly Known as Chee-Z
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 January 05, 21:42:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since installing NL I have had issues myself where teen heads suddenly become flashing blue heads...no custom skins or anything.  The problem corrects itself at age transition...not sure what the deal is with that..haven't tried change appearance with the mirror on them so maybe that would work.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 January 05, 21:45:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone was curious, something like this?

Change appearance does work, but it occasionally reoccurs to the same teen upon reloading the lot. He's never been charred and was eating pizza when I first entered the lot.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2006 January 05, 23:36:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I've seen everything!  It's certainly never happened to any of my teens!  Maybe it happens if you use the Inteenimator?

Zephyr Zodiac
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2006 January 06, 00:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the heas completely invisible?  In that case it might be an objects.package issue.

I've had a similar incident to the blue face.  Strandely it happened when I subfoldered all my terrain paint, and when I re-entered the lot my sim's (default maxsis) beard had gone 2D and blue and hovered behind him when he walked.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 January 06, 01:01:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If it is an objects.package issue, you need to check if your objects.package files are set to read only.  If not, they could have been corrupted, and you would need to find the originals on the CDs and replace them.  (There's one for The Sims, one for Uni and one for NL.)

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2006 January 06, 01:07:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I ever got a blue face...as this was pre-NL...but there was no face at all...maybe it was a objects.package issue... but I guess it's a bit late now, the teen's happily married and has kids of his own... Tongue

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2006 January 06, 01:49:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity, you could have made a storyline for The Invisible Sim!

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2006 January 06, 02:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah I probably could've.  Cheesy

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2006 January 06, 02:13:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Shame!  You may never get the chance again!  But there's always Supersim!  or Wondersimwoman!

Zephyr Zodiac
BeckerCheez
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: 2006 January 06, 02:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or Boba Fett the Space Pirate Criminal Mastermind and his sidekick Starboy the Space Biker.   Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2006 January 06, 03:08:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very ture! Grin

Zephyr Zodiac
skandelouslala
Lipless Loser

Don't look now but they're going to kill you.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2006 January 06, 04:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just in case anyone was curious, something like this?

Change appearance does work, but it occasionally reoccurs to the same teen upon reloading the lot. He's never been charred and was eating pizza when I first entered the lot.

That is what happens to mine!  Only happens to teens so far in my game and always corrects itself and doesn't come back after age transitioning.
Baa
Nitwitted Nuisance

cat hair

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2006 January 06, 04:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to Cassandra when I changed her to a kid again, her face disappeared completely, and change appearance worked like a charm.

Normally, objects flash blue if they are missing a texture, right? So maybe his face texture is missing? I remember simmer's complaining about the TV flashing blue when trying to have their sims play the Urbz from that new (at the time) download, but I forgot the reason why it did the such.

i pop that P like you don't believe
and if ya want me you won't succeed!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2006 January 06, 04:57:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I beleive the Urbz was bugged!

Zephyr Zodiac
cwhitney
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2006 January 06, 05:59:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the blue face problem when I've used the sim surgery option in SimPE to export my made-in-game sims into premade sims that I could select again when I was using CAS.  (That's really not clear, so here's the explanation:  I wanted to make movies with some of the sims I already had, who had been born into my game, but I knew that trying to do it on the lots where the sims lived wasn't feasible, especially since all of the sims I wanted to use in movies did not live on the same lot.  So I used sim surgery to export them so I could create exact clones in a different neighborhood to make movies with them)

It was an old version of SimPE, and it really ended up causing problems for my game, since the Saved Sim files became corrupt (or something) and it ended up really screwing up the actual sims I had used, as well as making CAS and Body Shop crash upon loading.

If you've used SimPE in such a manner, I'd advise removing all those files from your Saved Sims folder and rechecking all the sims you used to see if they suffered any problems.  I don't know if a more recent version of this corrected this problem.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2006 January 06, 09:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've been using the latest version with no problems, but there was one version which had known problems and was withdrawn fairly quickly.   The version I have has a pop-up on loading to let you know if there's a newer version available.  I also only normally use the classic version, as the new format seems to get stuck on pages and there's no way out!

Zephyr Zodiac
Savage
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2006 January 06, 09:45:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, now I've seen everything!  It's certainly never happened to any of my teens!  Maybe it happens if you use the Inteenimator?
It shouldn't I've usedthat ever since I first bought the game, I have my face completely disapear but enver had bluesyndrome
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2006 January 06, 09:48:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it was just a suggestion!  But maybe it is the objects.package?

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: