More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 19:51:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graphics frozen but game still plays.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics frozen but game still plays.  (Read 4086 times)
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Graphics frozen but game still plays.
« on: 2010 August 18, 18:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, my game will not load in windows mode, it has blotchy black and white squares and never loads no matter how long it's left for. Sometimes it works if I load it in full screen mode and then load it in windows mode.

After playing a while in windows mode, the graphics freeze as though it's paused but you can still hear the game playing. You can click the buttons into build and buy mode and save the game but the dialogue boxes don't show, you need to click where they are from memory. When buy/build is clicked, the music is audible and if you click where you know there are objects then it sounds like they're selected but nothing visible happens. Even when I've clicked from the household to go into neighbourhood view, it hasn't spurred the graphics to change.

I've tried removing CC, driver roll backs and rebooting the computer. I've also tried altering the resolution but that doesn't seem to work either. I hadn't played for a while, I'd been playing black and white 2 and civ 4 but I don't think those could have caused the problem.
« Last Edit: 2010 August 19, 19:28:24 by Budcot » Logged
Ichigo
Corpulent Cretin

Hellbitch

View Profile WWW
Re: Grpahics frozen but game still plays.
« Reply #1 on: 2010 August 18, 19:25:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Graphics card, get u 1. Or take my route and suck it up and just play in fullscreen. Also, "Oops! You Broke It!" is the tech support forum.

ENFP. God help you all.
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Graphics frozen but game still plays.
« Reply #2 on: 2010 August 19, 19:30:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I suddenly noticed that spelling error, fixed now. The problem is, it still freezes in full screen, the full screen has to be used just to get it to load. It freezes no matter which way I play after a while.
Mootilda
Dead Member

Reluctant Modder

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2010 August 19, 21:11:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If your graphics card is underpowered and you continue to play, you may actually be doing damage to your card.  Over time, your card will stop being able to do anything at all.

I don't think this level of hostility is necessary
Budcot
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2010 August 21, 14:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's an ATI Radeon HD 4870 series one, I don't think it's the card that's the problem. The reason I'm asking here is that my boyfriend is a software developer/general computer geek and he's got no idea what the problem is and has already tried several things over the last week to fix it which haven't helped.
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2010 August 21, 23:44:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Then he's obviously failed you.  I'd deny him sex until he fixes it.  Or find a smarter boyfriend.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: