More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 18, 03:07:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Game Shit Itself And Died
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Game Shit Itself And Died  (Read 15427 times)
jezzer
Grammar Police

"Start a new thread" is the new "Search."

View Profile
Re: Game Shit Itself And Died
« Reply #25 on: 2010 May 02, 11:19:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Perhaps these are the commercials of which you are thinking?: http://www.mac-history.net/mac/2008-06-15/the-spots-of-the-switching-to-mac-campaign

And then there is this one, demonstrating the difficulty of all those wires and parts: http://www.mac-history.net/imac/2008-06-15/apple-imac-g3-simplicity-shootout
YES!  Thank you!  I loved Apple's "our users are lazy and stupid" ad campaign!  I remember when they first came out, I was confused that THIS was the angle they wanted to approach it from, by basically implying that Apple users were idiots with the attention span of a jellyfish.

<soozelwoozel>  Remember the days when jezzer used to have adorable pictures of ratties holding teddy bears as his avatar? Now it\\\'s all eyeless cave vagina spiders and despair.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2010 May 03, 05:55:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And then there is this one, demonstrating the difficulty of all those wires and parts: http://www.mac-history.net/imac/2008-06-15/apple-imac-g3-simplicity-shootout

Triffic!

Thirty minutes to open some boxes, plug in some wires and surf the net? Peanuts when you think of the upgradeability and hardware configurability aspects of a desktop PC. What a brilliantly lame ad.

Graphics people are still convinced Macs are better, despite the fact that Macs are now driven by Intel processors. Both types of computer have the same software, the only difference is the extortionate price of the Macs. Macs do have a pretty interface, I'll give them that, but who wants to buy a whole new overpriced computer every time they want to upgrade something?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
soozelwoozel
Senator

Success Weasel, School of notovny '11

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2010 May 03, 10:57:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, but don't forget you're also buying a whole lotta smug for those extra bucks. I can sit there, in a hip coffee shop and feel smug about my egg. Can yooooooou? Negativo. Notice also how I can use words like hip without looking like a moron. That's because I have a Mac. Instant cool irony points. Now, please excuse me for a minute, I must go and order a skinny mocha latte frappachino and fair trade cinnamon muffin to pose next to my Mac. Sadly there is no app for that... yet. Laters, droogs.

KNOCK KNOCK, JUNIOR\'S HERE
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2010 May 03, 10:59:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that the hardware of Macs and PCs is now the same, the real reason you pay more for the SAME DAMN COMPUTER is simply to pay for Apple's lock-in. Observe how if you try to run MacOS on a not-Mac, Apple will get butthurt, but if you try to run Windoze on a Mac, Microsoft doesn't care. On the other hand, Microsoft will hate you if you run Linux on their Xbox.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: