More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 17:17:44

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Poor Baby!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Baby!  (Read 40221 times)
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Poor Baby!
« Reply #75 on: 2005 November 14, 13:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As I said, I don't go to VS these days.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2005 November 14, 14:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh!  Don't go to vS these days.

It would take all the fun out of it for me if I had kids maxed on skills that early!  I like sims to keep on learning something throughout their lives - after all, it's what we humans do!

I actually thing it's a pity they haven't added an upper level for each skill, so Knowledge sims who have maxed out all their skills could then aim for new levels of knowledge!
I ve had the mobile in my game since I got uni eans ago it seems. its not a recent add to my game. I actually got it to have a nursery decoration as there is very little available to sim babies. Ididnt know it added body skill till it had been in my game for a couple of months.I have a sim kid who is maxed creativity while her twin sister is screeching daily into the Karaoke machine gaining creativity.its hysterical to watch because the minute she picks up the microphone her family puts their hands over their ears and beats a hasty retreat out of the room most head outside  or upstairs .kind of unfair to little lexie though her entire family has maxed creativity  so therefore sound good on tha Karaoke while she cant cary a tune in a bucket Tongue

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2005 November 14, 14:12:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you noticed that one at least of the karaoke songs is from sims 1?  (The boogie boogie boo one from Houseparty!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2005 November 14, 14:19:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you noticed that one at least of the karaoke songs is from sims 1?  (The boogie boogie boo one from Houseparty!)
yes I did notice. my teen and adult sims love that song and they sing it all the time. I constantly hear oogie oogie  ewww out of them. on my maxed creativity  sims I love the duets. they are awesome. Smiley

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: 2005 November 14, 14:25:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's great too when a whole family get really good at Schmustling, and they all do it in unison!  Always annoyed me that they could only "join dance" and not "dance together", but now they can schmustle and get really good before they become teens, so that's one Scholarship already!

Zephyr Zodiac
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2005 November 14, 14:40:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't even notice that! I even had Houseparty. My memory is horrible...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2005 November 14, 14:40:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think it's great too when a whole family get really good at Schmustling, and they all do it in unison!  Always annoyed me that they could only "join dance" and not "dance together", but now they can schmustle and get really good before they become teens, so that's one Scholarship already!
my sims in my main family are always smustling together .I have pictures of Justin and his older Brother Jamie singing a duet together . and Justins kids,father and 2 other brothers are all smustling in unison. it helps though that this family is 100/100 with each other  as well. they are the main family in my hood and the the family closeness among them is awesome. the The Tricou Family is similar in its familial relationships. but they arent quite as close as my main family. I have a Picture of Justin's father autonomously hugging his grandson Jude. I was playing the family and the sim I was working with was his Uncle Josh when Ihappened to pan the camera  to make sure Josh was going where I told him to. I caught Grandpa giving his grand son a hug .

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: 2005 November 14, 15:02:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have families where brothers or sisters will autonomously go and tuck in their kid brother or sister, it's really rather sweet!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2005 November 14, 15:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I have families where brothers or sisters will autonomously go and tuck in their kid brother or sister, it's really rather sweet!
I have seen the teens in this family tuck in their twin sisters autonomously and it is sweet. I have  seen their father be dead tired but he wont go to bed until  he has tucked in all of his kids including his teenage sons. I think.Justin is that way because his Father is  a total kid magnet he has to make friends with every kid that walks off the  school bus with his grandkids.. its the one house that every nieghbor kid wants to go to in my neighborhood.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2005 November 14, 15:29:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to see a teenager get tucked in!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2005 November 14, 15:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've yet to see a teenager get tucked in!
the first time I ever saw it done was yesterday in my Game by Justin. I fell off my chair in total shock.if he does it again I will snap a photo...... not sure if it was a game error or simply Justin showing love for his kids

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2005 November 14, 15:55:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They generally do it anyway when their social is a bit low, so maybe that's why.  If their social is max, and you send them to stand by the bed, they'll go do something else.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2005 November 14, 18:02:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They generally do it anyway when their social is a bit low, so maybe that's why.  If their social is max, and you send them to stand by the bed, they'll go do something else.
Iknow kids and babies and toddlers get tucked in but  this was the first time I ever saw a sim tuck in their Teenagers. but thats what he did he first tucked in his daughters who are still children then climbed the ladder of one bunk bed and tucked in his oldest son a teen then came back down tucked in his youngest son also a teen  and then tucke d in his middle son a teen as well. the only one he didnt tuck in was his older Brother who is an adult Shocked

MissDoh
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: 2005 November 14, 18:11:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I saw my Sims often tuckle in their kids but never ever pay attention if it was doing it to teens.

That was a lot of tuckling in though lol.  Maybe it is just now that I notice but it seems my sims do interact autonamously more often with their babies and toddlers then they use too before Nightlife.  They snuggle them on their own, read to them more often, they pick-up the baby from the crib and play with them, etc..
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2005 November 14, 19:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, but the reading to kids tends to work better, but you still have to be careful if you queue the action, that the kid doesn't go off and do something else!  But usually, if they ask autonomously, they don't.

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: 2005 November 14, 19:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not only that, but the reading to kids tends to work better, but you still have to be careful if you queue the action, that the kid doesn't go off and do something else!  But usually, if they ask autonomously, they don't.
my simkids are Lucky at Justin's houe they have 3 teenage brothers,3 uncles ,Grandpa, and Daddy who all are willing to read to them ,play with them autonomously and are affectionate autonomously with  twin little girls. its obvious that the kids and teens are loved in that house. its the one house  where the Familial ties are so strong that Shellie Jamie's Twin Sister who is away at Uni is still 100/100 with her entire family. funny thing is the Patriarch and father to Justin,Josh,Jamie,Shellie and Jacob is a Romance sim

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2005 November 14, 19:53:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Romance sims have a very strong need to have loads of best friends!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2005 November 14, 19:58:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, Romance sims have a very strong need to have loads of best friends!
Then Joe definitely has that He is best friends with his entire family and trmains best friends with his ex mistresses  Brandi Broke and Bella Goth

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2005 November 14, 20:01:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he will do unless they catch him "cheating"! 

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2005 November 14, 20:05:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, he will do unless they catch him "cheating"! 
He doesnt sleep with either one now He is simply best friends with them now and he willalways have a soft spot for both Brandi and Bella after all Brandi is the Mother of his Twin Sons Josh and Jacob and Bella is  Justin's Mother

Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: 2005 November 14, 22:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also noticed the nannies have code to potty train etc. but I've never had them actually do it so it doesn't seem to work. Any idea why that is Christianlov?

Uh motoki, there is a bhav named 'Nanny - Scan - Bladder' and nannies are supposed to search for toddlers with no potty train skill... but Maxis disabled this. I mean this bhav looks like being used but they don't use it at all. There is a line of checking toddler's skill flag, but there are wrong parts in this bhav so it doesn't work. Of course, they absolutely can make nannies potty train toddlers but maybe they found some bugs when they were testing this or they just wanted parent sims to do this?  Cheesy

I did have a nanny recently give a kid a bath in the tub and I've had the game for a year and always use nannies but that was the first time I saw that happen.

Another very annoying thing about their code is they are way too biased towards hunger above all else. If a child is only halfway on the hunger meter but all the way down on energy or bladder they will keep trying to force it to eat even if it pisses itself and passes out on the floor. They will also stick tired toddlers in the high chair which the toddlers do not like! Tongue

It's because nannies don't check if toddlers/babies are desperate or they don't know what they (nannies) should do first when toddler/babies' multiple motives are bad. Motoki you are definately right, and it's a sort of infinite loop.  Cheesy You know, nannies do somethiing, toddlers quit this action to show tantrums, nannies try again, and so on...  Cheesy

I know those nannies are complex but they could have tested them a bit more or worked on them some and cleaned up the code too, there's no need for the ambulance part. Tongue I have to say your nanny works a lot better for me than the Maxis ones, though she does just stand around a lot so maybe that's part of the reason. Those Maxis ones always wander off and do something annoying and/or stupid.

Right bugs are there or at least nannies have a lot of part to be modified.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2005 November 14, 22:32:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed most of my nannies will take the toddler to potty if he/she needs to go, but only when they've already been potty-trained.

There is also something that bothers me alot, and I have no idea why it's different in some households.  When the hygiene of the toddler is really low and/or fully red, the adults of the household sometimes get the "change diaper" option on the changing table, but most of the time they never get it.  I tried to see if it was related to how clean a sim is, but it seems to make no difference.

It's really annoying cos most the time I never have baths, I just use showers in all the households.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2005 November 14, 22:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, you could compromise with one of the showerbaths!  Hairfish has some nice recolours of the expensive one which are semi-transparent so they don't look too clumsy.  But even a cheap bath will restore comfort motives.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2005 November 14, 23:09:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First thing I do with a new toddler is potty train it, if time and energy (teen/adult) permit, teach it to speak and I've only had one Sim autonomously take a toddler to a potty.
Though I rarely use nannies, I find they will change a diaper, but only after the kid has accepted a bottle (regardless of hunger) and they only use default cribs and change tables.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2005 November 14, 23:13:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ZephyrZodiac, where can I find those recolours?

Main reason I don't like to have baths is my sims tend to get obsessed with them.  If they aren't playing in it, they are taking constant baths even if the comfort/hygiene meter is full.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: