More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 17:29:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Poor Baby!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Poor Baby!  (Read 40222 times)
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Poor Baby!
« Reply #50 on: 2005 November 13, 14:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my personal opinion, Maxis nannies aren't that bad.  Cheesy I think they are one of the most complicated NPCs Maxis ever made. But uhm they have to stay for several hours in player's lot, so I think Maxis felt they have to make them look more alive and active. So they made them care for their own motives so I think that's why they are fooling around that much and peeing on themselves and babies.  Cheesy
that doesnt explain why they neglect their young charges and are abusive to their employers.Not to mention they waste food by the carload and set the kitchen on fire. in addituion to peeing on themselves

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Christianlov
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2005 November 13, 14:23:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my personal opinion, Maxis nannies aren't that bad.  Cheesy

I should send you some of my nannies and then see how you feel! Wink

I frequently have the problem where they will just stay at my house and never leave. Seems to be some issue with the nanny van when I checked the logs. Sometimes they will just go about their business and sleep, eat and shower on their own (but ignore the kid :p) but other times they go completely nuts and start acting like a malfunctioning robot standing in place waving their arms over and over yelling "GORMON!!" until they get so tired they pass out in their own piss.

Are they stuck? In most cases, forcing error will help. That might be not related with the nanny van. They can be stuck..  Cheesy

Baglenuts. I think they are pretty complicated and evolved. (At least I think so  Cheesy) But they have a process of caring for their own motives, so they can be abusive to employer sims and eat something, take shower, fool around and so on.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: 2005 November 13, 14:31:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed those nannies have some unused stuff in their code. Like there's something in there for them to react to an ambulance coming (presumably to take a pregnant sim to the hospital to deliver her baby) but that feature obviously got cut from the game.

I also noticed the nannies have code to potty train etc. but I've never had them actually do it so it doesn't seem to work. Any idea why that is Christianlov? You're painting nanny does potty train but the Maxis ones sure don't.

I did have a nanny recently give a kid a bath in the tub and I've had the game for a year and always use nannies but that was the first time I saw that happen.

Another very annoying thing about their code is they are way too biased towards hunger above all else. If a child is only halfway on the hunger meter but all the way down on energy or bladder they will keep trying to force it to eat even if it pisses itself and passes out on the floor. They will also stick tired toddlers in the high chair which the toddlers do not like! Tongue

I know those nannies are complex but they could have tested them a bit more or worked on them some and cleaned up the code too, there's no need for the ambulance part. Tongue I have to say your nanny works a lot better for me than the Maxis ones, though she does just stand around a lot so maybe that's part of the reason. Those Maxis ones always wander off and do something annoying and/or stupid.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Sandilou
Knuckleheaded Knob

SL Diva or TS2 Drama Queen? Uh...both!

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2005 November 13, 15:17:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki:
I've noticed those nannies have some unused stuff in their code. Like there's something in there for them to react to an ambulance coming (presumably to take a pregnant sim to the hospital to deliver her baby) but that feature obviously got cut from the game.

Maybe it just hasn't been added yet?

I also noticed the nannies have code to potty train etc. but I've never had them actually do it so it doesn't seem to work.

I noticed with JM's baby controller that the nanny will potty train right up to when credit is about to be given as in "was potty trained by...", then the nanny would insist on passing the toddler to a parent so that the parent would get the credit.  Did anyone else notice this?

happy now :-)
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 2005 November 13, 15:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Motoki:

Maybe it just hasn't been added yet?

It was one of the pre-release features they talked about but it got cut like some other stuff, washing clothes, storms and the power outage scenario etc. It's possible they could finish it or add it at some point like they did with drivable cars, but I don't see them bothering with it personally.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2005 November 13, 15:27:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, unless washing clothes has some point, like gaining cleaning skills, it's seems a waste of effort to me!  (Annoys me that actually cleaning up all the coffee cups they see doesn't add to cleaning skill points!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 2005 November 13, 19:10:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, unless washing clothes has some point, like gaining cleaning skills, it's seems a waste of effort to me!  (Annoys me that actually cleaning up all the coffee cups they see doesn't add to cleaning skill points!)
the flip side though is leaving them sit causes the sim in question to screech about the environement

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2005 November 14, 00:40:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True!  And the sloppy sims screech the loudest, and do the least to put it right!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 2005 November 14, 01:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

True!  And the sloppy sims screech the loudest, and do the least to put it right!
until tonight  my new hood didnt have a maid in any of the houses but I finally broke down and hired one for my house that has 10 sims living in it.I got tired of my 2 grouchy sims complaining about the toilet a pregnant sim threw up in  and yet neither would clean the toilet.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2005 November 14, 03:14:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they would if you told them to!  They'd moan, but they'd do it......even Don Lothario will clean a toilet if he HAS to!  And it's odd, but these sloppy sims don't throw up the Hire a Maid want unless they also happen to be Fortune or something.  And I've never had a sloppy romance sim moan about changing a nappy, but Family sims really hate it!  (Mind you , some of the neat ones will empty potties without being told!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2005 November 14, 03:44:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I was browsing TSR and found the perfect house for The Kendall Nanny Project:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/items/comments.php?ID=6431&type=ts2houses

heh gotta love the description too, "Some are saying that the ghost of the old lady is still prowling..."

Of course I downloaded it. Wink I may try moving some crazy asses nanny in there and having her scare people to death with the ghost, or maybe a vampire in a coffin or even the scissors lol.

Baroness
Katze
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2005 November 14, 04:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heh, I was browsing TSR and found the perfect house for The Kendall Nanny Project:

http://www.thesimsresource.com/items/comments.php?ID=6431&type=ts2houses

heh gotta love the description too, "Some are saying that the ghost of the old lady is still prowling..."

Of course I downloaded it. Wink I may try moving some crazy asses nanny in there and having her scare people to death with the ghost, or maybe a vampire in a coffin or even the scissors lol.
LOL Just the house for here. I should try and move her in myself.

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of  
the strong."  
     ---Gandhi
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 2005 November 14, 04:28:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they would if you told them to!  They'd moan, but they'd do it......even Don Lothario will clean a toilet if he HAS to!  And it's odd, but these sloppy sims don't throw up the Hire a Maid want unless they also happen to be Fortune or something.  And I've never had a sloppy romance sim moan about changing a nappy, but Family sims really hate it!  (Mind you , some of the neat ones will empty potties without being told!)
that is true a Romance sim will change a diaper without so much as a hiccup . whereas the  Family sim wants to lecture the baby for soiling it's diaper Roll Eyes I use the no empty potty patch from Inge and her sleep through the night patch for toddler it works perfect even  babies sleep through the night with it

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 2005 November 14, 05:04:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who has never seen a baby being lectured? I feel left out.
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 2005 November 14, 05:10:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am I the only one who has never seen a baby being lectured? I feel left out.
Family sims are the culprits when it comes to that. I got tired of it so Installed the anyi baby lecture from JM

Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 2005 November 14, 05:13:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have quite a few family sims and I've never seen the lecturing. I still feel left out...
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 2005 November 14, 06:10:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have quite a few family sims and I've never seen the lecturing. I still feel left out...
mine woulld stand at the crib shaking their finger at the baby and lecture it for soiling its diaper. in the meantime the baby is screaming its head off and wriggling all over the crib . I would have to cancel the action to get the parent to pick the baby up aand change the diaper

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 2005 November 14, 12:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never seen the baby lecture either, and since I always have the flamingo of contentment, babies actually NEVER soil their nappies, so they never need changing.  They get bathed more to give the parents something to do instead of just standing like a moron holding the baby.  However, it doesn't stop toddlers from getting potty trained, although you do have to catch them at the right moment if you want a nearly full bladder so they learn more!  (But with smart milk they only need one or two visits to the potty anyway.)

And I don't bother with sleepthrough night patches and such, if the toddler wakes up at 3 am, I simply yank them out of the crib and let them get on with doing their own thing until breakfast time.  Quite often they'll go and sit in the parents' room though, and get social points, but sometimes it wakes one of the parents up!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 2005 November 14, 12:46:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I've never seen the baby lecture either, and since I always have the flamingo of contentment, babies actually NEVER soil their nappies, so they never need changing.  They get bathed more to give the parents something to do instead of just standing like a moron holding the baby.  However, it doesn't stop toddlers from getting potty trained, although you do have to catch them at the right moment if you want a nearly full bladder so they learn more!  (But with smart milk they only need one or two visits to the potty anyway.)

And I don't bother with sleepthrough night patches and such, if the toddler wakes up at 3 am, I simply yank them out of the crib and let them get on with doing their own thing until breakfast time.  Quite often they'll go and sit in the parents' room though, and get social points, but sometimes it wakes one of the parents up!
I rarely ever use Smart milk as the old trick of canceling the action on the parent when they look bored works in my game to potty train toddlers. walking doesnt really need smart milk nor does talking unless the toddler is
 a really slow learner

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 2005 November 14, 12:53:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It speeds everything up though, and they learn other skills really fast!  I've had toddlers reach level 4 in their skills while taking smart milk.   And if you get them to transition immediately after drinking it, they can sometimes get to A+ on the very first day at school!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 2005 November 14, 13:26:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It speeds everything up though, and they learn other skills really fast!  I've had toddlers reach level 4 in their skills while taking smart milk.   And if you get them to transition immediately after drinking it, they can sometimes get to A+ on the very first day at school!
I used to use smart milk but  never saw any real benefit to it after learning the potty training trick.my sim toddlers are maxed in body skill by transition time and usually at level 3 in all other toddler skills and unfortunately my simmie kids have never gotten smart milk stuck.there is no right or wrong way to play this game fortunately and that mere fact makes for some very interesting and varied storylines. like Brynne I play the sims she gave me in real time and they wont be elders in 29 sim days. other sims in the same neighborhood  age in sim time so my neighborhood is constantly changing around this one family.as their friends die and new generations interact and become friends with my main family.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 2005 November 14, 13:31:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth do you max them in body skill?

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 2005 November 14, 13:34:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Probably that crib mobile by Rennie.  Roll Eyes

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 2005 November 14, 13:40:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh!  Don't go to vS these days.

It would take all the fun out of it for me if I had kids maxed on skills that early!  I like sims to keep on learning something throughout their lives - after all, it's what we humans do!

I actually thing it's a pity they haven't added an upper level for each skill, so Knowledge sims who have maxed out all their skills could then aim for new levels of knowledge!

Zephyr Zodiac
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 2005 November 14, 13:50:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How on earth do you max them in body skill?
The mobile I got from VS that Inge coded for Rentech

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: