More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 12, 22:39:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  My first playing experience with Nightlife - AND Error Log :P
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: My first playing experience with Nightlife - AND Error Log :P  (Read 7644 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
My first playing experience with Nightlife - AND Error Log :P
« on: 2005 November 10, 07:56:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey peeps,

So I actually started playing Nightlife finally. It's been really hard waiting for Pescado's 6-8 weeks to be up  Roll Eyes  As bad as I really want/need the romancemod, I've decided to restart my legacy game, only this time I don't really care about which hacks I use. Well... I've sort of relaxed my restrictions so to speak as to what hacks I am including/excluding. Tongue

Basically, I've started over, having nuked my old neighborhoods, and using the extracted teen version of my simself, I've aged him in BS to YA, and made him my founder. Anyways, it's been kind of interesting, and I've already gotten like 3 or 4 dream dates. At first I was a bit confused as to what to do, but now it seems like dream dates are pretty easy.

I also got a "contact" and tried to do an Outing, but that first ended So-So. It's a lot more difficult when you have like 5 or 6 other sims to try and manage. I tried to gather them around and entertain them with bowling, but I just couldn't get everyone in the group to join in the game together. Other sims would walk away, and the others just stood there, and I wasn't sure if they were even participating or not. Tongue

Oh well. It ended, and then I tried to start another Outing immediately, and I tried to get others to join, but only the original contact agreed, and when I thought other people joined, they actually walked away and did something else.  Huh Anyhew, it looked like it was going well at first, I got it up to Good, and then I managed to get my simselfs boyfriend (the one that I had all those Dream Dates with in the first place) to join in. I figured, maybe if I flirted and made out with him, it would up the score as well. Boy was that a mistake! I forgot that Sarah Love (the original contact who called me up for the Outing in the first place), the silly bint had gone and fallen in crush with me or something. I think it was while we were dining, I chose Play... Steal a Bite, and I didn't expect that it would be a romantic interaction. It had a chair icon on it, and not the lightning one, so I figured I would try it just to see what would happen. Tongue Little did I know it would make the stupid cow want me. Of course, stealing food off of the plate of a person I only just met, who also is supposed to be the friend of the person that I had been going on dream dates with, Of course that would make them fall in love with me.  Roll Eyes

Anyhew, needless to say, the minute I tried to flirt and heat it up with the boyfriend, I hear that sproinging sound, the Outing is a DISASTER, the presumptuous slag storms over and slaps me in the face, and had the nerve to say something about having more fun cleaning toilets or swimming in sewers, or whatever it was.  Shocked  Oh well. So much for that. Of course I slapped the ho back. And then I was tired, so I called a taxi and went back to the dorms. Tongue

Pretty amusing stuff.  Grin But anyhew, later on, I had another Dream Date going on with the boyfriend, I think his name is Matthew Hart. Well, I met him down at PURE, just to check out the lot. I've pretty much gone to different lots, checking them out, because I haven't seen any of them yet really. Well, while the my simself and Matthew were on the roof, checking out the lamps, because of course they're curiously "What's This?"ing it.  Roll Eyes And while I was trying to get their flirt on, an error message popped up.

Now, I have a bunch of hacks in the game, but all of them should be NL compatible, as far as I've checked. Except for the nodeanspam, in the sense that it does not work. The error was something about a "Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator" and "Error: Object referred to must be a person."

I don't know exactly what that is, and I can't imagine that I have a hack that purposefully changes this controller... I do not have TwoJeffs' DormGenderController installed for my legacy game. I'm not sure what else would be affecting a populator controller. I scanned the error log briefly, and it looks like it's complaining about Outfits and Turn Ons/Offs. There is also something about a Lamp and Population Manage - Bring Sim(s) call. The only other thing that might be involved perhaps is Crammyboy's portal hacks?

*shrugs* I'm totally clueless. I wasn't doing anything in particular at the time, and I didn't really care to figure out what it might have involved, so I just hit reset and kept playing. Tongue But if it is something significant that hasn't been caught yet, and/or something that is known, and either related to a hack I should remove, or a hack that I need to install to fix it, I'd appreciate any helpful info.

I'm postin it here and hopin that at least one of the more awesomest modders here might know what it's all about.  Cheesy

Ste
« Last Edit: 2005 November 15, 02:53:07 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
Re: My first playing experience with Nightlife - AND Error Log :P
« Reply #1 on: 2005 November 10, 08:00:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen the error in community lot populator before - I have no idea what it's about, but you certainly aren't the only person getting them.
Inge
Round Mound of Gray Fatness
Senator

Senator Emeritus. Oh hold on, I am still a senator

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 November 10, 08:07:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That error could come about because the person the command was meant to act on could have vanished from the lot at some stage during the process, so that the number of the object no longer has a sim associated with it - or  maybe the visitor controller didn't actually manage to create the visitor so she never existed anyway.

But if it is not spoiling your game in any way it certainly doesn't look like the sort of error that can do some undetected deeper damage to the game, it's just a nuisance.

\"They\'re here, on the forum. A question riddled, spoiler giving, speculative cancer of sim evil\" -- redearth, Snooty Sims, 2009
dusty
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 November 10, 08:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's clothing event fixer might help here

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1299.0
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 November 10, 08:27:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

downloading now...  thankyou!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 November 10, 17:28:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you take your sims on an outing to the Bowling alley with the disco, and simply get your sim to schmustle, all the others will join in.

It's also best if you first make a group, such as  Bowling group, (of mainly friends and family) and then have the outing with that group.  It's a good way, if you have kids at Uni, of getting all their family over for a visit without having the trouble of a party!

Zephyr Zodiac
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 November 10, 18:12:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I found the easiset way to get dream date is to simply just do what my sim wants ((although once in awhile the aspirations are stupid  influence to study etc..)  usually they keep rolling and my score keeps going up.

Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

I love Pokemon! Thus I am a Heretic!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2005 November 10, 22:25:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The lightning bolt symbol appears by interactions that would normally require a higher Relationship level than your sim has with the other sim, but you're getting to do it early because of the positive chemistry between them. I don't think all of them are Romantic (Appreciate - Admire isn't, for instance).

The chair symbol appears by interactions that are done sitting down. I think they are all classed as Romantic.

Hope this helps Smiley.

Also, isn't Matthew Hart the boyfriend of Sarah Love? That's probably why she was pissed off with your self-sim Smiley.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Pescado: You're a weird and freaky Baratron.
Pescado: Also, all Baratrons suck.

Read my Sims 2 stories!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 November 15, 00:31:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Crammyboy's clothing event fixer might help here

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php?topic=1299.0

Is that what the problem was? I've been away for the week because I've been busy with school and then I had a wedding to attend this just past weekend, so I didn't have time to check back and read any replies. Hehe.

Anyhew, I usually check for updates or anything new before I start playing my game, in case I've missed anything. I saw that new fix as part of the clothing on comm lot, but I didn't see an explanation of what it did. Well... I added it now anyways, so hopefully it fixes it. Cheesy

And so far, I only had it happen once. I was just curious if it was a known bug and if other people had it, or if I had to do further investigation and find out if it was some conflict.

If you take your sims on an outing to the Bowling alley with the disco, and simply get your sim to schmustle, all the others will join in.

It's also best if you first make a group, such as  Bowling group, (of mainly friends and family) and then have the outing with that group.  It's a good way, if you have kids at Uni, of getting all their family over for a visit without having the trouble of a party!

Thanks for the tips. I'll give it a try next time. This was my first outing and it was through a "contact" and when I agreed to go downtown, I had no idea that it was going to start an Outing event. Tongue Otherwise, I would have probably have been better prepared, or at least initiated my first Outing with a smaller group of sims. Tongue I didn't realize that it would be an Outing event, and then when I showed up on the lot, like a billion sims piled out of the taxi.  Roll Eyes Ok, maybe like 6 other sims plus myself and the "contact" but still, more than I expected to be responsible for.

Is bowling only a two person interaction? Or is it multiple people, but at a set limit? Like, only 4 people can "join" at max? Do adjacent lanes have to be available for sims to "join" in, and is it only 2 sims per lane? I tried to get the other sims to join in, but then one of the random townie/downtownies (not any of the ones that came with my group Outing in the taxi) decided to use the bowling lane next to mine. I tried to shoo him away, but it took forever, and the other sims in my group got bored and went their separate ways. Tongue

The lightning bolt symbol appears by interactions that would normally require a higher Relationship level than your sim has with the other sim, but you're getting to do it early because of the positive chemistry between them. I don't think all of them are Romantic (Appreciate - Admire isn't, for instance).

The chair symbol appears by interactions that are done sitting down. I think they are all classed as Romantic.

Hope this helps Smiley.

Also, isn't Matthew Hart the boyfriend of Sarah Love? That's probably why she was pissed off with your self-sim Smiley.

Yeah, I figured out what the lightning bolts meant. It's kind of funny too, because my sim has an X'd lightning bolt with this one dormie, but sometimes, when I scope the room out, he will still say that he's HOT! That just doesn't make any sense. I suppose it could mean that there is a "one-way" attraction, and that my sim likes the other sim, but I guess that sim doesn't like me? I don't know. I didn't bother trying to interact with him because of that, but I guess I can just try it and see what happens. Tongue

As for Matthew Hart being Sarah Love's boyfriend? Well, how was I supposed to know that?!?!?  Grin We seemed to hit it off, and he seems to be very open to my advances. In fact, he rolled up several Woohoo wants with me on our dream dates, so I went for it. Lol! And since I've been sort of playing this as a legacy challenge, and I never use any mind-controlling hacks, I didn't know who or what his relationships were. Haha. How funny that his "girlfriend" was the "contact" that "heard" how much we had a good time, and she wanted to hang out and whatever. I guess Matthew didn't exactly fill Sarah in on all the details of exactly just what kind of fun we had.  Tongue It just figures though, that my sim would be interested in a "closeted" bi-dude. Kinda scary how the game tends to reflect real life sometimes.  Roll Eyes

I had thought the reason Sarah was so pissed was cuz she had fallen in "crush" with me over my stealing a bit of her food. Roll Eyes At least that's what it appeared like, and when I made the moves on Matthew, she slapped me and only seemed to be furious with me. I thought, usually, sims get furious with both parties. But, honestly, I didn't stick around long enough to see if she'd slap Matthew around too.

Anyhew, thanks for all the tips. Grin

Ste

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 November 15, 02:33:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install the patch for NL? I *think* it fixes stealing a bite of food so that it doesn't count as a romantic interaction. I know it definitely does fix it so that 'ask' doesn't count as romantic and also buying another sim coffee.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 November 15, 03:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you install the patch for NL? I *think* it fixes stealing a bite of food so that it doesn't count as a romantic interaction. I know it definitely does fix it so that 'ask' doesn't count as romantic and also buying another sim coffee.
Oh good, I wasn't sure they had fixed that or not.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: 2005 November 15, 03:33:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A crossed out lightning bolt means exactly what you surmised, that one Sim fancies the other but it's not reciprocated.  You need to find out which way round it is by seeing which one gets the pink hearts and which pulls the face, then if you want to sort it out you'll need to investigate possibilities.  For instance, one Sim could be attracted to the other's star-sign, but they may be repelled by theirs - not much you can do about that unless you change them.  Alternatively, the repelled Sim may have an aversion to something the other Sim possesses, such as red hair or glasses.  These can be easily remedied in a mirror.  It's worth a try, because I've had them go from crossed-out bolts to 3 bolts just by something simple like the afore-mentioned trip to a mirror. 

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2005 November 15, 04:10:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As for Matthew Hart being Sarah Love's boyfriend? Well, how was I supposed to know that?!?!?  Grin We seemed to hit it off, and he seems to be very open to my advances. In fact, he rolled up several Woohoo wants with me on our dream dates, so I went for it. Lol! And since I've been sort of playing this as a legacy challenge, and I never use any mind-controlling hacks, I didn't know who or what his relationships were. Haha. How funny that his "girlfriend" was the "contact" that "heard" how much we had a good time, and she wanted to hang out and whatever. I guess Matthew didn't exactly fill Sarah in on all the details of exactly just what kind of fun we had.  Tongue It just figures though, that my sim would be interested in a "closeted" bi-dude. Kinda scary how the game tends to reflect real life sometimes.  Roll Eyes

Ahahahaahaaa! Sorry, just amused.

Yeah, all Uni students start out as VERY bi. While all sims start out as bi anyway, Maxis made Young Adults even more strongly that way to reflect the fact that when people go to college, they tend to be more "open to new things". You can persuade any dormie or professor to have an affair with any sim, regardless of gender.

As far as I can remember, Matthew & Sarah are the only premade romantic relationship in that Uni - but quite a few of the other girls in the Sorority house have a crush on him, so you have to be careful of that, too. "Strangely", none of them have crushes on the other Fraternity guys - I can't think why not. My Guy Wrightley is ok - he's hooked up with Gunnar from the Shifting Paradymes, but I have no idea what to do with the third Frat guy, Mickey (is it?) - the slovenly couch potato who when you start the game is on Academic Probation. Not really playing Pleasantview & that uni at the moment, so I'm not worried about it Smiley.

* Pescado is batshit crazy, and thus it's not safe to say what he could or would do. Tongue

Read my Sims 2 stories!
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2005 November 15, 07:33:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fairly certain that I patched my game. I do have the patch downloaded on my machine, and I thought I patched before I started putting downloads in and what not. But I could have easily been confused, because I also patched my sister's game for her, and I might have thought I patched my game too. lol. Is there any way to check to be certain, or do I have to try and run the patch again?

A crossed out lightning bolt means exactly what you surmised, that one Sim fancies the other but it's not reciprocated.  You need to find out which way round it is by seeing which one gets the pink hearts and which pulls the face, then if you want to sort it out you'll need to investigate possibilities.  For instance, one Sim could be attracted to the other's star-sign, but they may be repelled by theirs - not much you can do about that unless you change them.  Alternatively, the repelled Sim may have an aversion to something the other Sim possesses, such as red hair or glasses.  These can be easily remedied in a mirror.  It's worth a try, because I've had them go from crossed-out bolts to 3 bolts just by something simple like the afore-mentioned trip to a mirror. 

Yeah... that's what I thought. Well... I built up that friendship and I don't remember what I did exactly. It was pretty much at friends, with close to 80 or 90 STR, and I can't remember what interaction I used, but now the chemistry is up to two lightning bolts, which is better than what I have with Matthew (only one lightning bolt). Regardless, the dormie is one of the fugmo looking ones, his name is Albert Cobb in my game. I don't know if that is a standard Maxian name, or if it was generated by Jordi's (I think?) better names hack. I think it was because of the better names hack, because I vaguely recall having the same sim in my game before, but I thought he had a different name. I never quite understood how townies/dormies/etc. got named. I thought they were all supposed to be random, but from reading stuff online, it seems like everyone has a Sophie Miguel, Chandler Platz, Christy Stratton, etc.

I presume then that each neighborhood comes with a preset number of already generated townies. And the randomness only happens when a "new" townie or dormie is generated. I don't know what conditions would call for "new" townies to be generated, but my guess is for Uni, that "new" dormies are generated when you need to "fill" up the dorm rooms.

Ahahahaahaaa! Sorry, just amused.

Yeah, all Uni students start out as VERY bi. While all sims start out as bi anyway, Maxis made Young Adults even more strongly that way to reflect the fact that when people go to college, they tend to be more "open to new things". You can persuade any dormie or professor to have an affair with any sim, regardless of gender.

As far as I can remember, Matthew & Sarah are the only premade romantic relationship in that Uni - but quite a few of the other girls in the Sorority house have a crush on him, so you have to be careful of that, too. "Strangely", none of them have crushes on the other Fraternity guys - I can't think why not. My Guy Wrightley is ok - he's hooked up with Gunnar from the Shifting Paradymes, but I have no idea what to do with the third Frat guy, Mickey (is it?) - the slovenly couch potato who when you start the game is on Academic Probation. Not really playing Pleasantview & that uni at the moment, so I'm not worried about it Smiley.

Hehe  Grin Yeah, I figured so, but still it's quite funny. That's why we really need the romancemod. I mean, sure sims/people might be a bit more "open to new things" as you say, especially in college, but what about those who are actually loyal and faithful to their spouses, despite their "curiousity" or bisexuality. Tongue Just because you're bi doesn't necessarily mean that you'll be a slutty cheater. Hehe. Well... I did take out the norandomflirtwants from this "legacy challenge" game just to keep things a bit interesting. But, that should only affect random flirty wants from rolling up, if I understand correctly. It wouldn't prevent sims from accepting advances (or cause sims to reject advances) if they were in some form of committed relationship. I believe the romancemod was responsible for that. Anyhew, it would be more of a challenge to seduce and "turn" a sim over. At least make it a bit harder! Hehe  Cheesy

And as I posted in my other thread, I am guessing then that Matthew Hart and Sarah Love are in some kind of committed relationship since my sims were caught cheating. How the dormie knew, I don't know. Do random strangers catch you cheating if they don't know either sim that well? I mean, is it sufficient for a sim to just meet another sim, and they immediately know that they are in an existing relationship. Then... if they ever see the other sim cheating, they get those cheaty memories? Even if they are not friends with them? If that's the case, that is totally unrealistic, and yet another reason we need the romancemod.

Unless, the only other thing I can think of is that Albert Cobb either had conversations with Matthew Hart or Sarah Love or someone else who knows of their relationship, and Albert must have a memory or invisible memory of their relationship? I guess I'll check the memories before I head to bed so I can figure out what the heck is going on. Tongue

And as for the other sims, I haven't played the game much. I'm a very slow player, and plus, I hardly never play those pre-made Maxis houses. So I really have no clue who is who. And I actually mostly played Pleasantville. I used Strangetown for my challenge just because I wanted a different environment for the base 'hood. But I hardly never played my challenge because I couldn't stand to not have all my great hacks. That's why I chucked my old game, restarted fresh and new, with a lot more hacks in it this time around. Tongue

Ste

RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 November 15, 15:18:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And as I posted in my other thread, I am guessing then that Matthew Hart and Sarah Love are in some kind of committed relationship since my sims were caught cheating. How the dormie knew, I don't know. Do random strangers catch you cheating if they don't know either sim that well? I mean, is it sufficient for a sim to just meet another sim, and they immediately know that they are in an existing relationship. Then... if they ever see the other sim cheating, they get those cheaty memories? Even if they are not friends with them? If that's the case, that is totally unrealistic, and yet another reason we need the romancemod.

Unless, the only other thing I can think of is that Albert Cobb either had conversations with Matthew Hart or Sarah Love or someone else who knows of their relationship, and Albert must have a memory or invisible memory of their relationship? I guess I'll check the memories before I head to bed so I can figure out what the heck is going on. Tongue
The way Maxis designed it, a sim does not have to be "committed" to get caught cheating, they just have to be in love.  It's kind if silly though, to me, because just because you are in love doesn't mean you are committed to that person.  Especially when they fall in love on one date, then they have a date with another sim, the first sim gets mad when they "catch" them on a date with another sim!  We need a mod for this badly.
Countess
baratron
Heretic
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile WWW
crushes and "cheating"
« Reply #15 on: 2005 November 15, 21:47:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most screwed up thing about "cheating" -

Mitch & Max are in a committed monogamous relationship. They are engaged.

Mitch is a TV soap star. He has fans. Lots of them. They have crushes on him. One-sided. He's never even met these people before.

Mitch & Max went on a date, where they were spotted by some of Mitch's fans. As a result, the fans threw a wobbly because they saw him "cheat" on them with his long-term partner that he lives with.

Now, this was in an unpatched game, so I'm not sure if this behaviour's been fixed by the patch or not. But that's nothing short of fucked up! It was a CRUSH - one-sided! It's fair enough for the fans to throw a wobbly when they realise he's in reality involved with someone, but it shouldn't go down in his memories as "Was caught cheating by sim X"!! GAH!  Angry

Read my Sims 2 stories!
RainbowTigress
Sucky Name Person
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 November 15, 22:37:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Baratron:  Believe me, I understand what you're saying and I agree totally with you.  But the patch doesn't fix this and I highly doubt that Maxis will fix this because I don't think they consider it "broken."  So we have to rely on mods made by the community.  This was discussed over on MTS2, and LizzLove was considering making a modified jealousy hack that would help with the longterm committed couples, so that the jealousy in the game would behave more logically.  But I don't know how soon either she or JM will get anything ready that we can use.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 November 16, 01:37:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what it says about the psychology of the Maxians if they don't consider that broken?  To me, it's like crazy stalkers getting fixated on someone and offing their husband or wife in the hope that somehow they'll be able to take their place, and that is sick behaviour!

Zephyr Zodiac
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 November 16, 02:39:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm fairly certain that I patched my game. I do have the patch downloaded on my machine, and I thought I patched before I started putting downloads in and what not. But I could have easily been confused, because I also patched my sister's game for her, and I might have thought I patched my game too. lol. Is there any way to check to be certain, or do I have to try and run the patch again?

If you run the game in debug mode, it should display the version #. Do it in neighborhood mode before you load the lot, then when the lot loads the version # should show in the upper right corner. Mine is v1.2.0.337 and I have the NL patch.
« Last Edit: 2005 November 16, 02:47:24 by Motoki » Logged

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: