More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 05, 23:14:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540273 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Environment preference of the sims
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Environment preference of the sims  (Read 42473 times)
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Environment preference of the sims
« on: 2007 April 03, 05:46:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I play this game almost 3 years, and it's the first time that I discoverred that the sims have color preference, which add to the environment rate - amazing!

I played at the Pleasants, and when I replaced the bedroom to green - no matter how many 10-rated objects I put, when Daniel enterred the room, the environment rate was decreased.

Now I went to his room, and replaced the green style to red style - when he enterred, the environment rate increased far over the full. And in the green-style room I have many more 10-rated objects; here I have only 1 statue, and few pictures.

That answers the surprise I always have, when I enter a humble furnished room, but the sim there showed full scale of the environment rate.

Bottom line: color preference boosts the environment rate.

dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Environment preference of the sims
« Reply #1 on: 2007 April 03, 06:19:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe this is the addition of the lighting score (i.e. how bright the colors are). Stupid Maxis kludges together lighting *with* overall neatness, thus creating the situation where neat sims cannot reasonably know when to clean a room.

Diala
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 April 03, 06:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am a bit skeptical about this. Is there even a way for Sims to "see" color?
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 April 03, 06:31:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Gali, I love pictures from your game. Just as gaudy and busy as can be. Even their computer is not spared.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 April 03, 06:50:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dear god - I'm surprised the environment score didn't go into negative values! I guess this proves sims have no sense of taste or style.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

I have no sense of humor.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 April 03, 07:02:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They must have unbelieveably high utility bills with all of those lights you like to use  Shocked
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 April 03, 07:14:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They must have unbelieveably high utility bills with all of those lights you like to use  Shocked

Not that much - 2,500$.  But I have to change my strategy now. I thought that I don't get high rate environment, because the sims wanted more decorations and furniture, and lights. With this new knowledge, I can save a lot of taxes, and spare a lot of redecorating work (very tiresome, when the house is so full of objects).  I am neataholic, and environmentaholic...Smiley.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 April 03, 07:25:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I am neataholic, and environmentaholic...Smiley.
So, you pick what Sims think looks good, instead of what actually looks good? Because to me, that layout and design scheme has me reaching for the

I mean, I know "beauty is in the eye of the beholder", but I don't see how there's any response to those pictures other than this.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 April 03, 07:54:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lol, Venusy, I *promise*  you, that I either don't think, that the design I made is beautiful.

In real life I like big spaces, with a lot of room to "breath". In my living room - 5x5 sq. mr - I have only two sofas, TV, very small library, my computer, stereo, and a coffee table. I like to dance, and each week I invite my friends to a "pseudo-party".   I get *suffocated*, when I see small rooms, full with furniture.

But *in the game*, I try to reach full rate of environment - and because all the time I failed, using the same furniture I use in RL -  I added more and more objects, thinking that the game is programmed this way.

That's why I am so surprised to discover my wrong assumption. Sorry, if some of you think that it's my taste of the right design. The opposite is true.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 April 03, 08:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to dance, and each week I invite my friends to a "pseudo-party".

Sorry Gali, I have to ask - what is a pseudo-party? The party you have when you're not having a party? I'm not mocking you, I am just amused by the turn of phrase.

Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 April 03, 08:08:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ONLY $2,500?!?! I'm lucky if any of mine go over $600 - even at Greek houses it is never over $700. Average is around $250.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 April 03, 08:14:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your results are flawed, Gali: Notice in the first shot, your sim is standing next to the side of the hot tub, but in the second, he is standing in front of the edge closest to the camera. Environment changes due to position, so your scores may be different purely because of that.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 April 03, 08:19:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like to dance, and each week I invite my friends to a "pseudo-party".

Sorry Gali, I have to ask - what is a pseudo-party? The party you have when you're not having a party? I'm not mocking you, I am just amused by the turn of phrase.

Well, I invite them to play bridge (group contest), and they come willingly. But as I like to dance, I finish the contest soon, and suggest them to dance, to refresh ourselves from the card game. It's not a party, but I make it as one. It's a secret...Smiley.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 April 03, 08:25:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your results are flawed, Gali: Notice in the first shot, your sim is standing next to the side of the hot tub, but in the second, he is standing in front of the edge closest to the camera. Environment changes due to position, so your scores may be different purely because of that.

No!!! I wish you were right, but it isn't.

I married George Mc(something) to Lilith, and now both of them are sleeping in the green-styled room, *loaded* with decorations. When they enter the room, I see the <<< sign on the environment scale, but I see the >>> sign when Daniel enters the red-styled room.

Now I have to change the green-styled room to a red-styled one.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 April 03, 08:48:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I invite them to play bridge (group contest), and they come willingly. But as I like to dance, I finish the contest soon, and suggest them to dance, to refresh ourselves from the card game. It's not a party, but I make it as one. It's a secret...Smiley.

And they don't twig to this, week after week?  Roll Eyes  Grin

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 April 03, 09:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's more lights in the red room than in the green room.  This may be part of the difference.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 April 03, 09:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the utility bills were based on the value of high priced articles on the lot? Not actually the power being used.

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 April 03, 09:53:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And they don't twig to this, week after week?  Roll Eyes  Grin

Lol, we have a Bridge club with 240-250 members. I invite only 6 of them, but not week after another. I am the secretary of the club, and I know all the members. So, the first 6 will play at my home after long time, and meanwhile they forget that I "manipulated" them.
Besides, some of the members said that they like the Bridge/Dance evening, and ask to be invited again. They are happy, and we are happy...Smiley.
Nec
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 April 03, 10:10:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the utility bills were based on the value of high priced articles on the lot? Not actually the power being used.

I thought they were based on type of light, appliance, electronic, etc., as well as how many of each. While what you suggest would fall into MEAxian logic...it makes me wonder how much it costs to run a sofa  Huh

Perhaps someone knows this, because I am very curious now.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 April 03, 11:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remember asking once before, when I first started playing sims 2, I used to turn off lights and stuff to try to save power.  Roll Eyes It was somewhere on this very site, deep in the mists of time, that I was pointed and laughed at for turning my sims' lights, TV etc off.

I was told something like it was calculated on a percentage of the lot value? Can't remember now...

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 April 03, 11:36:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought they were based on type of light, appliance, electronic, etc., as well as how many of each. While what you suggest would fall into MEAxian logic...it makes me wonder how much it costs to run a sofa  Huh

Perhaps someone knows this, because I am very curious now.
Bills are purely based on lot value, making them closer to property taxes than utility bills. Otherwise you'd be able to avoid them much like I do. I'm not billed for lights on or off, either. Radioactives don't decay more slowly merely because you turned the lights off. Tongue

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 April 03, 12:29:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are too many variables for me to believe this "red/green" theory. First of all, as it has been pointed out, the number of lights is different. Second, the floor tiles could be different prices. Don't different tiles give off different enviroment scores? The only reliable way to test this is to make one room, and change the floor to another color of the same price while the sim is standing in the room.
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 April 03, 13:12:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just want to know how your Pleasants got so rich!?  Did you motherlode them up the wazoo, or is Daniel involved in some illegal activities?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 April 03, 13:15:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got some absurdly expensive vases I keep on my lots in order to get the bills up to a sensible level.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 April 03, 13:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I just want to know how your Pleasants got so rich!?  Did you motherlode them up the wazoo, or is Daniel involved in some illegal activities?
Gali is an infamous and notorious cheater.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: