More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 06, 04:00:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  You have got to be kidding me..... sextuplets?!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: You have got to be kidding me..... sextuplets?!!  (Read 7276 times)
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
You have got to be kidding me..... sextuplets?!!
« on: 2007 February 15, 20:10:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just had a pregnant Sim - Jodie Larson -  go into labour at the end of her own wedding party - she refused to get into the limo, and her oh-so-loving new husband decided to go on honeymoon by himself.

Boy, did he come home to a surprise...

As soon as he left, Jodie went into labour. I got the pop-up saying that a new family member was on the way, blah blah blah. The usual pop-up you get when there is ONE baby.

So, she has the baby, and immediately puts him down on the grass.... and spins round to deliver a second baby...
I figure, ooh, cute glitch, looks like they get twins.
Except she goes on to deliver another four babies in a row! For each one, I got the new family member pop-up, she would spin round, deliver the baby then I got the naming box. Then she'd stick it on the ground and go again. Kind of like the game was stuck, or something.

I don't have the twins/triplet hack, or anything like it. I do have the Kitten-killer, (object version), but all my other hacks are Awesome. She hadn't been eating cheesecake, either.

Any idea what might have caused this? I'm assuming it's a glitch, hopefully not a sign of impending doom though?
lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
Re: You have got to be kidding me..... sextuplets?!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 February 15, 20:19:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did you have the option to name all the babies?

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 February 15, 20:20:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's a game bug thats been around since the base game
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 February 15, 20:24:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh please! Don't tell me that glitch is back again! Or maybe they never really fixed it? Thats a very old nasty bug from the basegame, the first ppl that reported it had like 4 to 5 babies but then it started to make like 8 and up eventhough the max amount of sims was 8.

That's why TJ mad ethe quadruplets hack and such I believe because soem ppl that had this happen didn't mind to have triplets or quadruplets...

Either ways this is weird... I thought that thing was fixed... :-/

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 February 15, 20:35:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nope they never fixed it...
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 February 15, 20:57:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, I had the option to name all the babies.

I never even heard of this glitch before - I have tried out Twojeff's quadruplet hack before (ages ago) but having four babies at once pretty much did my head in, so I deleted it.

I'm kinda pissed off, actually - I had planned for both these Sims to be very career-orientated, the pregnancy was accidental (thanks to Risky Woohoo) - once the babies were born the mother actually spun up a want to woohoo in bed! I'm thinking it's gonna be a loooong time before she gets another Woohoo.....  Grin
virgali
Malodorous Moron

Do you see a midget Hitler?!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 February 15, 21:03:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking it's gonna be a loooong time before she gets another Woohoo..... 

Lol, I can imagine! But I honestly thought this was fixed since that I know of nobody reported it since... well a looooooooooooooong time! I really think you should see if there's an errorlog or anything and to the Awesome modders out there can we pls have a final fix? This is a veyr annpying glitch.

Greets,
Ali

Do you need someone to organize your sock drawer?
SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 February 15, 22:50:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That glitch has never been fixed. I've been "lucky" enough to get it with just about every combo of EPs. I get it fairly frequently, too.

I had sextuplets shortly after I got the game... not right at the beginning, but soon enough that I was still learning to play well. It was pitiful.

Fail.
Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 February 16, 02:02:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The only time I got it was when I downloaded a house from the exchange because the mother there was about to give birth to trips (way before TJ's trips and quads). So whatever causes it is present before the birth occurs.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
LFox
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 February 16, 11:47:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never encountered the bug but i suppose that's mainly because at some point probably on EP2 or EP3 i started using TJ's quadraplets hack.  I just set the triplets and quads odds to 0 and the twins to 10, seriously if i WANT anymore than twins i'll do it myself.  Twins are bad enough i can only imagine what kind of insane managing 4 or 6 babies take.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 February 16, 12:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Juliejaz has quite an amusing and touching account of this glitch in the last episode of her 10 kids challenge story. One of the spawn swarm lacked an animation bone, too.
http://thesims2.ea.com/mysimpage/uploads.php?user_id=504931&nstart=1&asset_type=story

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 February 16, 12:39:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I had that happen in the base game, back before any custom content was added, it was very bad. The children never were right. By that I mean that sometimes one of the infants would disappear. No matter what "restore family" type fix you try to use, the infant would never be found again. (This is when I went looking for info to repair my problem and found this site and lot debugger, which didn't fix the problem). I tried Insim next without results.

Later when the rest aged to toddlers, two of them ended up having the same name. Others had their names switched. One of the boys now had a girl's name and vice versa. The missing infant remained an infant in the family panel.

Later my daughter had the same bug in her game with similar strange results. It's almost like they are using the same character file for all the infants. But back when it happened I didn't know about things like SimPe so I don't know what was actually happening.

In the end, both my family and my daughter's family became unplayable. I can't remember the exact reason, but I'm thinking it was frozen Sims standing around with their stats draining.

Recently a friend asked me to take a look at her game to find her missing infant. She had the same bug, but after the 2nd baby was born it disappeared out of mom's arms. I was surprised because she has all the EP's up to OFB installed and has only MATY fixes. She doesn't understand computers and I had just given her appropriate MATY stuff as her only downloads to stop the problems her game was having.

My recommendation is to leave the lot without saving when this bug occurs. I always save right after a Sim gets pregnant in case I ever need to leave the lot without saving later. Then go back in and let them give birth.

EDIT: I just read the story Rohina linked to. Now I remember why the lot was unplayable. I had a situation similar to James in the story. But the baby never died. I didn't have to delete the Sim every day, it just layed there and never did anything except little infant movements.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 16, 12:59:07 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
fff
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 February 16, 18:18:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the links and advice - that story was kinda sad, actually..... I'm going to keep playing the sextuplets (I had already saved the game) and just see how things go, I guess. Hopefully it won't completely FUBAR the lot or the family.  Undecided
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: