More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 16, 21:10:23

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Leftovers & gardners broke post BV
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Leftovers & gardners broke post BV  (Read 4553 times)
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Leftovers & gardners broke post BV
« on: 2007 September 13, 04:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hello all,

Long time lurker and user of JM's hacks, just decided to sign up.

I dunno if the below are maxis bugs, or hack conflicts, has anyone else had these issues?

Whenever I put left overs away, and go to take them out, they disappear in the sims hands as soon as they exit the fridge. This happens all the time, and theres no stopping it. I turned on the testing cheats to see if an error was generated during the interaction.. but nothing.

Secondly, when my gardners show up, they seem to water plants and things (its entirely possible they only do 1 or 2 gardening interactions then exit, I did not check if ALL the flowers were in good condition), but they will NOT trim ANY shrubs anymore. They just say "Your plants don't need any attention from me today" but several shrubs need to be trimmed.

Any help?

Thanks in advance.
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Leftovers & gardners broke post BV
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 13, 06:47:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the shrubs, but I'm going to guess that you had food sitting out and/or left in the fridge since before you installed BV. All old food is corrupted and must some way be deleted. Old food put into the fridge can cause all kind of freaky behavior due to the corruption. You can thank EA and Maxis for this feature.  Grin

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 13, 07:19:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet again!  Seems that they actually want you to be forced to start a brand new hood with each EP!

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 13, 11:09:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aaargh. Thanks for the warning about the food. Would it help to delete all existing fridges and replace them with new ones?

More F than you
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 13, 11:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually, leftovers are not stored in the fridge. Old leftovers will need to be removed from the inventory (by way of the fridge).

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 13, 13:07:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, I've had sims get pre-BV leftovers out of the fridge just fine post-BV.  No corruption problems yet.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 13, 18:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've played 5 different families post-BV.  No problems with leftovers or gardeners.  Have you tried taking out your downloads folder and seeing if the problems still exist?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 14, 05:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any time you install a new expansion, all food is shot. To prevent the shooting of food, you will need one of the Director's Cut hacks, "Don't Shoot Food". This will prevent your food from being shot by new expansions, although food that has already been shot will not be saved.

Remember, don't shoot food!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Baronetess
spaceface
Retarded Reprobate

Lost in Middle-earth

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 14, 10:25:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AHA! I have that one in place. In fact, I have the entire moreawesomethanyou-bv.zip file in at present and update it regularly (pats self on back)

More F than you
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 14, 13:05:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, that explains it, since I also have that in my game.  All food inventories and leftovers work fine.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 14, 14:03:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I always wondered what that one did!  (Had visions of JM exhorting everyone not to join him on his hunting trips......)

Zephyr Zodiac
Chain_Reaction
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 14, 20:53:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know about the shrubs, but I'm going to guess that you had food sitting out and/or left in the fridge since before you installed BV. All old food is corrupted and must some way be deleted. Old food put into the fridge can cause all kind of freaky behavior due to the corruption. You can thank EA and Maxis for this feature.  Grin

Heres the odd thing, the left overs I had BEFORE BV come out fine and they don't disappear... but whenever I put NEW leftovers in after BV then get them out, they disappear into thin air.

I've played 5 different families post-BV.  No problems with leftovers or gardeners.  Have you tried taking out your downloads folder and seeing if the problems still exist?

Haven't tried that because all the hacks I have are by JM or twojeffs and they are all updated for BV. Will try it though.

Any time you install a new expansion, all food is shot. To prevent the shooting of food, you will need one of the Director's Cut hacks, "Don't Shoot Food". This will prevent your food from being shot by new expansions, although food that has already been shot will not be saved.

Remember, don't shoot food!

I will download that one for use with the next EP so my food aviods Dick Cheney... I mean Maxis.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: