More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 10, 17:09:28

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Orangeade doesn't increase new FT badges for sewing and pottery
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Orangeade doesn't increase new FT badges for sewing and pottery  (Read 4975 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Orangeade doesn't increase new FT badges for sewing and pottery
« on: 2008 March 09, 15:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Orangeade from Seasons doesn't seem to increase badge point for sewing and pottery. The enthusiasm icon for cuisine appears above Sim's head, but badge point icon does not. It is possible that they gain badge point silently without displaying icon, but I don't think so.

I'm not at all surprised, it is expected that features introduced in one EP will not work for another EP. But I'm annoyed, as it takes ridiculously longer time to earn even bronze badge for sewing and pottery. (And I thought cashier badge took too long time Roll Eyes ) They made it deliberately harder so that we players are forced to get Sims into Zone.

Unlike TS1, I feel that EPs for TS2 are not fully integrated into a whole game. Back when TS1 days, Makin' Magic had a spell only unlockable for players who had SuperStar as well. Instant Fame spell required black rose, which can be only gained from Obsessive Fan for superstar. Some cake and spell recipes in MM required ingredients from Unleashed. Now, it would be "unfair" for new EP to include a feature that required previous EPs, so EAxis denied juicer for FT badges, suppressed Uni career LTWs, and so on. Stupid, and bad marketing decision as well.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Orangeade doesn't increase new FT badges for sewing and pottery
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 09, 15:55:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suspect it's more laziness than an intentional design decision, here. And the badge gain is silent, yes. They don't gain a badge, they gain badge points, which doesn't constitute a whole badge. And there *ARE* cross-EP features from expansions, so that's not even it. Most likely they just never incremented the constant. I will look at it sometime. Not convinced it's harder to grind sewing/pottery than other badges yet, though. Have you tried using the macro-grinder for it?

UPDATE: Have a prototype fix. Man was that code ever a mess. No wonder they never updated it. Awaiting testers and Fat Gwilly People.
« Last Edit: 2008 March 09, 16:44:58 by J. M. Pescado » Logged

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 10, 01:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not convinced it's harder to grind sewing/pottery than other badges yet, though. Have you tried using the macro-grinder for it?

Do you mean skillinate - sewing/pottery? I haven't tried it. I find it somewhat inconsistent that a Sim with no badge either in sewing or in pottery can make silver-badge pots straight from the start, but cannot make anything other than basic potholders for sewing. I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug though. If Sims can make high-level items with no badge, it would feel cheaty for me.

UPDATE: Have a prototype fix. Man was that code ever a mess. No wonder they never updated it. Awaiting testers and Fat Gwilly People.

Gwill, please?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 10, 01:26:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you mean skillinate - sewing/pottery? I haven't tried it. I find it somewhat inconsistent that a Sim with no badge either in sewing or in pottery can make silver-badge pots straight from the start, but cannot make anything other than basic potholders for sewing. I'm not sure if it's a feature or a bug though. If Sims can make high-level items with no badge, it would feel cheaty for me.
I haven't seen any such inconsistency. It could just be that pots are low level, and there are no high-level pots.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
toad
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 10, 04:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinate - Pottery leads to them making pots for me, which is not an item that they seem to be able to make pre-badge or even when they have their bronze.  I think pots are high level.

(Also yesterday Skillinate - Sewing made them make quilts, which they can't make at lower badge levels, but the update to macrotastics seems to have fixed that.)
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2008 March 10, 07:44:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They make plates before pots. Lots and lots of plates.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2008 March 10, 12:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Skillinate - Pottery leads to them making pots for me, which is not an item that they seem to be able to make pre-badge or even when they have their bronze.  I think pots are high level.
Will check again.

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2008 March 10, 14:11:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pots before plates - seconded - when skillinating pottery. And if you stop the skillination while there is a pot under construction you can only scrap it when the Sim comes back because they lack the skill to build pots - although if you then set them to skillinating again they will go straight back to making pots.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2008 March 12, 09:32:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*bounce* *bounce*
Release shiny!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: