More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 02, 18:37:09

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS3/TSM: The Pudding
| |-+  The World Of Pudding
| | |-+  Patch 1.8/2.3 made my neighborhood float?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Patch 1.8/2.3 made my neighborhood float?  (Read 4946 times)
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Patch 1.8/2.3 made my neighborhood float?
« on: 2009 December 20, 23:11:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After patching up to 2.3, for some reason my neighborhood has separated into two layers. There's an upper layer that has nothing on it, and a lower layer where the sims, trees, water, roads, and lots are. Sims sometimes go to the upper layer when they're walking somewhere, but drop down to street level to go onto a lot. This occurs in multiple games, both on vacation and in the main towns, as well as on a new save in the custom town Zazazu made.

This is what the upper layer looks like:

And the lower layer:

Does anyone know what this is, or a way to fix it? Or is it the result of having a graphics card made of fail? Also, I don't know if this is relevant, but in the past my sims have appeared disjointed, but after patching the fat/muscle sliders don't separate their heads from their bodies.
jrcaporal
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: Patch 1.8/2.3 made my neighborhood float?
« Reply #1 on: 2009 December 21, 01:05:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Reminds me of 2012  Cheesy

Nothing to see here.
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2009 December 21, 01:48:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a floating hood terrain after installing WA. I finally narrowed it down to AM and the framework setup. With only the framework and AM installed, I had a floating town. I believe it ended up being the .dll file. Have you tried playing with the framework or reinstalling the framework?

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
brownlustgirl
Knuckleheaded Knob

Giving EA the finger!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2009 December 21, 02:17:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Framework setup for base game and WA : http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,17454.0.html

"So you have to be hungry to eat, right? Hmph, imagine that concept."  Kirstie Alley
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2009 December 21, 05:20:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That configuration didn't work for me. I have the .dll in the WA folder only, the mods in WA, and the resource in both. For some reason I ended up with several issues with the .dll just in Sim3 root or in both.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
KawaiiMiyo
Dollaboo
Dimwitted Dunce

INFP! ^_^

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2009 December 21, 22:54:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had *somewhat* a similar problem. Well, meaning my neighborhood also "floated" after installing, though it was only slightly different. from the upper layer, I was looking down through holes where lots should be, into the bottom layer which was only those lots, and blackness around it. So kinda similar, kinda different. Anyways, for me it had to do with trying to install the store CC. and I was able to narrow the issue down to Riverview. I was able to get everything else to show up , but Riverview would only install via launcher. Any other way would cause this issue.
    Anyways, not sure if that may have anything to do with it. But just in case, I thought I'd share.

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. ~Ayn Rand
Maximillian
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2009 December 22, 03:28:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

from the upper layer, I was looking down through holes where lots should be, into the bottom layer which was only those lots, and blackness around it. So kinda similar, kinda different. Anyways, for me it had to do with trying to install the store CC. and I was able to narrow the issue down to Riverview. I was able to get everything else to show up , but Riverview would only install via launcher. Any other way would cause this issue.

I had this issue as well some time ago. In my case it seemed like Riverview was imposed over Sunset Valley. Deleting Riverview fixed the madness.

Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so.
Budgie
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2009 December 24, 05:38:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, I managed to fix the floating thing, by deleting the .package files I extracted from the Riverview.sims3pack, and by basically reversing the steps in that thread about getting Riverview to work, then I used the installer to install Riverview, and my town was back to normal. Strange thing is, though, it gave my sims floating-head syndrome again. Any chance anyone knows a way of fixing that? I've already tried updating my graphics drivers, but like I said, it worked when my Riverview .packages were in my Mods folder, and my RIverview.world file was in the  Gamedata/Shared/Unpackaged/Worlds folder.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: