More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 13:29:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Graphics degraded slightly
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Graphics degraded slightly  (Read 2644 times)
kgottwald
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Graphics degraded slightly
« on: 2008 March 24, 11:07:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Can InTeen cause the graphics quality to degrade? Because I have it on the highest settings; everything used to be crisp and clean, but since I installed the latest InTeen version, things have gotten noticeably fuzzier and there are stairstep artifacts on straight edges.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Graphics degraded slightly
« Reply #1 on: 2008 March 24, 11:14:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Go ask in the Inteen forums!

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Simsbaby
Pinheaded Pissant

INTP - I didn't do it.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2008 March 24, 16:55:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Check your graphic settings. It sounds like the game forgot what you changed.

Remember - a bimbo is for life and not just for christmas!
kgottwald
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2008 March 24, 21:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Update: the "smooth edges" slider in Graphics Options was all the way on the Less end. Moving it towards More fixes this, but slows down the game something horrible. I know I didn't fool with the settings before; wonder what caused it to reset.

I had assumed Inteen was responsible because it's the only hack I have; I suppose it might be some custom clothing or makeup I downloaded.
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2008 March 24, 22:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Installing new graphics drivers often resets the graphics options to minimum . Something like Inteen ( which modifies bhav's etc ) should have no effect on your graphics . The only hacks that can probably have some bearing on graphics are most likely lighting and/or camera mods . And yeah , the ' Smooth Edges ' setting has probably the biggest performance hit in the game out of all the graphics options . Some people with old or low end graphics cards ( Integrated chips for example ) might even have the setting greyed out meaning they have no choice but to have ' smooth edges ' ( which is basically just an anti-aliasing setting in other games ) set at minimum . And on the other end of the spectrum those with the expensive hardware might be able to ramp it up to full no problem . Those of us ( including myself ) with average , medium range systems though often have 4 or 5 levels they can set the smooth edges at . Mine has 4 , and I find setting it at 2 has a minimal effect on performance while looking pretty good with barely any jaggies . Setting it at 3 looks barely any different to 2 but has a noticable decrease in performance by comparison rendering it pointless . Setting it at 4 looks a bit better but is a no go performance wise . Setting it at 1 gives a little performance increase over 2 but the jaggies seem to be a little too noticable for my liking . So the 2nd setting ( maybe 2nd or 3rd for those with 5 levels ) seems to have the best compromise between looks and performance  Smiley
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: