More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 03, 15:28:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pets patch released
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pets patch released  (Read 123780 times)
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Pets patch released
« Reply #100 on: 2007 February 04, 17:35:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not to take away from your problem there; but where did you get the cute toddler hair? Grin

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 February 04, 17:40:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

LOL MsMaria!!

Of course now I want to know too. Cheesy

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 February 04, 17:46:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Am on dialup here at home; will check and get back to you.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 February 04, 17:55:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks so much ZiggyDoodle! Kiss

BTW, I'm not patching for the time-being, just to stay on topic here. Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: 2007 February 04, 18:04:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

www.peggysims2.net/  - am pretty sure it was one of the free ones I picked up before PMBD came online.

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 February 04, 18:06:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're an angel, thank you!  Smiley

Here's the link if anyone's interested.
http://freearea.peggysims2.net/hair.do?pagemethod=searchpage&direction=thistenpage&searchpage=44&pagesize=2&number=87
« Last Edit: 2007 February 04, 18:12:40 by MsMaria » Logged

Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 February 04, 18:41:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well... shit guys, i think i might clean reinstall without the patch
Although i could live with blonde maids even though it annoys me, borked kids and genetics is a little bit too much.  The only thing i hoped the patch would fix is any pets at all turning up on community lots, no stress there as someone said theres probably a lot of no pets signs around the place.

Once again i am immensely disapointed in EAs non caring attitude and crappy excuses for fixes.  Pets, in my opinion, was probably the biggest failure yet.  Bug infested, lacking creativity.  I mean something like the dogs could fetch the newspaper, just little shit, the little quirks that we love from the other EPs.  And cats and dogs have exactly the same animations when playing with each other?  Come on.  Put a bit of effort into it.  Remember in unleashed, instead of cockroaches there were mice and the cats could catch them?

And now the patch has caused bigger problems than it has actually fixed.  Am I alone here when I say I'm fucked off?

</rant>

edit:  Additionally, can anyone confirm if the DNA of the borked sims has *actually* changed?  Or do they just have random hair colours.
« Last Edit: 2007 February 04, 18:56:51 by tigerlilley » Logged

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 February 04, 19:09:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're most welcome, MsMaria.   

Tigerlilley, agree that borked kids is bad, but I sure don't miss the dead mice being dropped throughout the house.  I hated those damned things and just hope that the moles/voles/groundhogs that destroyed TS1 gardens don't show up in Seasons.  No doubt there will probably be something equally irritating.

Insanity Prelude
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 February 04, 19:25:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cute as the pets are, I have to admit I'm as underwhelmed as everyone else. And now I'm afraid to install the patch. :/

Shame on EA. I was vaguely considering buying Seasons before, but I don't dare now. XP
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 February 04, 19:34:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're most welcome, MsMaria.   

Tigerlilley, agree that borked kids is bad, but I sure don't miss the dead mice being dropped throughout the house.  I hated those damned things and just hope that the moles/voles/groundhogs that destroyed TS1 gardens don't show up in Seasons.  No doubt there will probably be something equally irritating.

Actually the mice did suck i was just giving a example of little quirks and creativity that eps used to have.

<Inge> Yes, at my age it is hard to tell whether something I am saying will make me look incontinent

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 February 04, 20:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'm still awed by the animations of the animals. I reckon they got lots of things just right, for instance, I love it when the pets beg at the table and the sims feed them scraps. I like how the animals can have relationships with each other, I've created several breeding pairs that ended up fighting all the time, just like real life. I'm looking forward to a greater variety of animals, not just cats and dogs, though I could be wishing on a star here.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 February 04, 20:34:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those of you that are having problems playing with custom hoods or maxified hoods? Not that I think it matters, but I'm have 0 problems and play a completely custom hood.

I just tried breeding two redheads fresh from CAS in a custom neighborhood and their twins ended up with red eyebrows and black hair. Undecided  My NPCs' hair has changed, too.  Derek Viblahblah the paperboy showed up with black hair.  This is the only patch I've had any problems with, oddly enough. 
Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 February 04, 21:09:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if the dogs' ears work correctly now?  Huh Pre-patch (still haven't installed it...), my dogs with hanging ears got puppies with upright ears and vice versa. Very irritating, my salukis looked like farao dogs.  Roll Eyes
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 February 04, 21:28:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my. Can we see the parents, for reference?

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 February 04, 21:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are those of you that are having problems playing with custom hoods or maxified hoods? Not that I think it matters, but I'm have 0 problems and play a completely custom hood.

I just tried breeding two redheads fresh from CAS in a custom neighborhood and their twins ended up with red eyebrows and black hair. Undecided  My NPCs' hair has changed, too.  Derek Viblahblah the paperboy showed up with black hair.  This is the only patch I've had any problems with, oddly enough. 

First line of the list of fixes:  Fixed an issue where pointed-ear dogs would become corrupt when moved into a lot.

Not sure if that's the fix you refer to but they did fix an ear problem.

Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 February 04, 21:59:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, my. Can we see the parents, for reference?

Here they are:

and the offspring:

First line of the list of fixes:  Fixed an issue where pointed-ear dogs would become corrupt when moved into a lot.

Not sure if that's the fix you refer to but they did fix an ear problem.

Maybe. That's why I'm wondering if anyone have noticed this issue being resolved now; I don't trust Maxis, and I'm not 100 % sure this is the same problem as mine. If not, for me it's not worth it to install the patch.
Tigerlilley
Hentaibait
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: 2007 February 04, 22:06:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually my puppies from floppy eared parents have point ears as well

Qosmic
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 February 04, 22:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

actually my puppies from floppy eared parents have point ears as well

With or without the patch?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 February 04, 23:48:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a "lady who hates critters" painting in TJ's Visitor Controller.  Doesn't that fix the problem?  I've only used it on home lots, and not had any strays visit the lots where I've put it.  I assumed it would also work for community lots, including downtown.
Not really, since a) I don't use the VC, and b) it is not global: it requires placing the painting on all comm lots. I don't want to have to edit all lots to override a global change.
Besides, I want visitor playables to be able to bring their pets. Just no bleedin' strays.
spookymuffin
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: 2007 February 05, 01:25:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm going to re-install without the patch, none of the listed fixes are worth the ugly offspring my sims have started spawning.
A pair of sims with the "heart" face template manged to produce a baby with tiny eyes, fish lips and balloon cheeks.
Anyone who has not yet installed the patch, I would advise you not to

"Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge: it is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science." - Charles Darwin
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 February 05, 02:25:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

regarding that hair...  anyone else having huge problems with peggys right now?  The direct link won't work for me, and the site keeps giving me connection refused errors.
maxon
Obtuse Oaf

Unrepentant Inteenimator User - Kitten Killer.

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 February 05, 02:45:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The most important fix in the patch which no modder had fixed yet, is the stopping strays visiting downtown lots. I was growing so tired of having to continually chase them off because of furniture destruction.

Well, Inge posted a no pets sign which seems to work for me.  But hopefully, I can take that out now.

Or maybe not - these reports are not encouraging.  What's the consensus, d'you think, patch or not?
« Last Edit: 2007 February 05, 02:56:35 by maxon » Logged

Inteen for AL, yay!
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 February 05, 04:03:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've patched. Asides from NPC hair (and only maids thus far), no issues. I see no reason to wait... even if Seasons comes out you still want a patched Pets.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 February 05, 04:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have patched to.
But yesterday one of my Sims got autonomous friends with a stray at the HansTrap?  Lot  and could it adopt before i sent him home.  Cheesy

Hmm i remeber it should be fixed by Maxis. No Strays in Downtown?
I visited 3 Lots, 2 had one Stray there. Prepatch i got 2 Strays at every Lot there.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: 2007 February 05, 04:51:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still get stray walkbys, but no longer stray visitors (destroying furniture).
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: