More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 13, 03:34:53

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540274 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Must you go outside?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Must you go outside?  (Read 3035 times)
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
Must you go outside?
« on: 2006 August 10, 21:57:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is simply frustrating. I haven't a clue why my sims must go outside to get to their garage which is connected to their house. This is getting especially bad, since there are some vampires on this lot. Any ideas?
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
Re: Must you go outside?
« Reply #1 on: 2006 August 10, 23:31:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could delete the doors.   Tongue

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 August 11, 01:57:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

One problem: the door they are using is the front door.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2006 August 11, 02:23:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to have the opposite problem in my game, tquite often they will go into the garage and out again when they come home from work, the same with visitors, totally ignoring the front door.  I think a lot depends on the position of the mailbox.  Maybe if you move that nearer to the garage doors, they might be more inclined to do what you want them to do.  Just an idea, probably won't work, but worth a try.  It's also down to where the doors are, because they have this weird habit of seeing things that are further away as nearer if they're directly above or below them as opposed to on the same floor but across the room.  Are they doing this directly after getting out of bed and if so, is the front-door directly below their bedroom?

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 August 11, 02:28:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Even if the garage is connected to the house - it is a separate place, with it's own door (which you can add or not - the garage door is added only if you put the extention garage floor).

The entrance and the exit to/from the garage is made only through the garage's door (existing or not), from the road side - that's why your sim go outside, in order to enter the car.

You can't put a normal door between the garage and the house, but you can put a wall around the extention of the garage, if it has a garage door.

May be you should write Maxis, and ask for a fix in their next patch...Smiley.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 August 11, 02:41:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the garage is connected to the house itself, and you absolutely do not want pedestrian traffic attempting to go through the garage door, there are tricks you can do with Authorized Personnel Only to make sure they don't, like making the entrance to the garage through an "Archlock" or simply an archway, so APO blocks sims from leaving through the garage door, so they path out through the archway instead. The reason this happens at all is due to some oddities in sim-pathfinding.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2006 August 11, 03:09:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not pedestrians that I'm concerned with; it's the residents. Here's my best at making a picture of the house. The D's are doors, and c's are the car.

--------------------------
I   ccccc   I                I
I   ccccc   I                I
I   ccccc   D               I
------------------D-------

The problem is that sims that I direct to use the car will go outside the front door, and through the garage door to get to the car, even though there is a door right there. I know there's not a blockage, because I can get them there with extensive use of "walk here."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2006 August 11, 03:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

See above. There isn't a blockage, so you have to CAUSE ONE. Otherwise the sim pathfinding algorithm is all screwy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2006 August 11, 03:21:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I reread your post. Now I get it. Thanks.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: