More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 17, 16:55:50

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540276 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6514 Members
Latest Member: Llama
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Pre-made 'hood's tombs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pre-made 'hood's tombs  (Read 2634 times)
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Pre-made 'hood's tombs
« on: 2006 June 04, 20:56:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think I saw a mod somewhere that may fix this if anyone can point me in the right direction  -

In a new Pleasantview I decided to mess around with the dead people a bit but it seems like something happened that messed them up.  Morti decided to bring back some folks but was told he didn't know anyone who was dead until I did a "move all" command on the tombstones.  After that all the stupid Goths started bawling like those people had just died and got those annoying ress wants.  Checking their memories I found that the deaths were listed last like they had just happened. 

Same with Brandi trying to bring Skip back - she didn't know anyone who had died.  With his grave not even there (that I know of) I didn't know if I could get him back anymore.  I know I have brought him back before though so something must have changed.

Then I tried moving a family into the vampire house downtown and the graves were missing.  Not that it is a big deal since I have never figured out how to bring those people back with no one knowing them anyway.

Last but not least - Darren and Cass get married at Darren's and before I move them to the bin (to buy a new house) I grab Darlene's tomb and throw it in his inventory for his "see a ghost" wants later.  They move to the new house and Darlene's grave shows up out front AND is still in Darren's inventory.

Even though I can get around most of these things I am afraid I have corrupted files or something now since I don't know when or why this started happening.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Pre-made 'hood's tombs
« Reply #1 on: 2006 June 04, 21:17:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, I had the same thing happen when Beau tried to resurrect Skip, even though the other Brokes were resident elsewhere, they all go the "Skip died" memory, and it's now doing the rounds as gossip!

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2006 June 04, 21:27:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just saw the post (been away for awhile on WoW).  Glad it is not just me.  The good news is they can still be revived but you have to move their graves first and then everyone thinks they just died and starts that annoying whining and disregarding what I tell them to do (which is completely unacceptable!! Don't they know who is in charge??  Wink)

I am just afraid that I screwed up some files somewhere and would rather just delete the hood and start over while it is still young than find out many gameplay hours later that I am hosed.

I do wish I could have the Tricou's though.  I never even got to see them.  Guess that will be my next challenge!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2006 June 04, 21:30:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, they're quite good fun to resurrect, but you need to do a lot of work to get them to settle down with their existing partners, since they don't remember being married!

However, no doubt you will be advised not to try!

Zephyr Zodiac
sintrinity
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2006 June 04, 21:39:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind messing up my hoods.  Just a matter of deleting them and moving them back if I can't get around something.  I can't recall how many iterations of PV I have played now but it is always interesting to see how many ways I can kill Angela, make Brandi's life more miserable than even she could have dreamed and how many lovers Don can get before Cassie finds out.

Guess I'll check into SimPE (guaranteed for me to break something and reload) and see what I can do about those stupid tombstones to make life easier.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2006 June 04, 21:48:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Angela does die frequently doesn't she?  I only killed Lilith once, and that was unintentional!  she died in the high speed phase and I couldn't do anything until it was too late!  I usually make Don settle down, (though never after my first PV, with cass) but he's been married to several CAS sims, and once to Brandi - they were very happy together, as I recall!  (Even though he did lust after her sons!)

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: